Carlos Queiroz @ Colombia National Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Queiroz @ Colombia National Team

It isn't a rumor anymore, it is now official. I think we owe our most successful coach to follow his progress and wish him the best of luck.

3 year contract until WC 2022 worth $3.5M base salary/year (His contract with Iran was $1.9M) -- http://www.espn.com/soccer/colombia/...2022-world-cup

I, for one, now have a team in Copa America to cheer for.

Last edited by CHaMiLLionaire; 02-07-2019, 11:41 AM.

CQ + Columbia all the way in Copa America! Good luck Carlos!

Comment

CQ said his aim would be to “look after the proud history and the reputation Colombia has today in the world”.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/02/...cup-on-agenda/

Comment

Good for him, hopefully Colombian football federation isn’t as incompetent as IFF. He doesn’t have to worry about an underpaid coaching staff or lack of friendlies. Wishing Colombia a good Copa run

Comment

This is not the international football forum.

Comment

Congrats to them.
            I am curious to see what style he plays with Columbia.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              This is not the international football forum.
              Yes, but give us a bit of time to part with CQ. He will be Iranian forever, and he has even said that his second home is Iran.

Comment

CQ video/press briefing at official presentation

https://www.pscp.tv/RedMasNoticias/1OyKAyNZApeKb?t=14m

Comment

I like his portuguese accent when speaking Spanish

Haha his knowing smile when the reporter asked him "Are we going to win the copa america, it's been many years" etc.... She was really impatient!

He gave the same answer he gave iranian reporters.

Comment

The reporters all call him "Professor" when asking questions. Is this a Colombian thing?

Anyway one asked him what style of football he is going to play and he basically said whichever one brings us the highest chance of wins - whether rock and roll football, samba football or whatever.

Also he emphasised the importance of having appreciation for the culture of a country and having someone with you as the interface (ie the markar aghajanian figure)

I need to go to salsa class otherwise i would watch more of this

Comment

Good for him, wish him all the best!

Comment

Good luck , please let this thread stay in here. Lets see if Colombia is succesful, South America is not Asia, so many good teams.
                        He really gets much money, isnt that what the best coaches in the world get ?
                        I remember he was 7th or 8th best paid coach at WC with Iran.

Btw does anyone know if CQ has children ? Did his family live in Iran ? I cant imagine him beeing 8 years Iran coach and now 4 years colombia away from family

Comment

His heavy shadow will be over us for sometime to come. It’s like a body that passed away but his spirit is very much alive and won’t part that easily.
                          sigpic
                          Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

He has a daughter that's an attorney. I have read that about him. Not sure if he has other children.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                              It isn't a rumor anymore, it is now official. I think we owe our most successful coach to follow his progress and wish him the best of luck.
                              3 year contract until WC 2022 worth $3.5M base salary/year (His contract with Iran was $1.9M) -- http://www.espn.com/soccer/colombia/...2022-world-cup
                              I, for one, now have a team in Copa America to cheer for.
                              The Bold part is incorrect. One of the most successful is correct. Wish him the best, naturally I will be following Colombia with CQ.

Comment

Working...
                              X