Past Experience as Head Coach or Assistant Coach in World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past Experience as Head Coach or Assistant Coach in World Cup

Let's gather a list of current Iranian coaches and foreign coaches currently working in Iran who have experience as a Head Coach or a member of coaching staff at previous World Cups. Maybe if their current contract allows them they can take an interim role as Head Coach or Technical Advisor of Team Melli.

Foreigners

Georges Leekens (Belgium) - Current Role: Head Coach of Tractorsazi FC - World Cup Experience: Head Coach of Belgium @ 1998 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage]

Branko Ivanković (Croatia) - Current Role: Head Coach of Persepolis FC - World Cup Experience: Assistant Coach of Croatia @ 1998 World Cup [Third Place], Head Coach of Iran @ 2006 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Zlatko Kranjčar (Croatia) - Current Role: Head Coach of Team Omid - World Cup Experience: Head Coach of Croatia @ 2006 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage]

Winfried Schäfer (Germany) - Current Role: Head Coach of Esteghlal FC - World Cup Experience: Head Coach of Cameroon @ 2002 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Iranians

Afshin Ghotbi - Current Role: Head Coach of Foolad Khuzestan - World Cup Experience: Assistant Coach of USA @ 1998 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage], Assistant Coach of South Korea 2002 World Cup [Fourth Place], Assistant Coach of South Korea 2006 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Markar Aghajanian - Current Role: n/a - World Cup Experience: Assistant Coach of Iran @ 2014 and 2018 World Cups [Exits at Group Stage];

Hossein Faraki - Current Role: Head Coach of Paykan FC - World Cup Experience: Assistant Coach of Iran @ 2006 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Heshmat Mohajerani - Current Role: Retired - World Cup Experience: Head Coach of Iran @ 1978 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Jalal Talebi - Current Role: Retired - World Cup Experience: Head Coach of Iran @ 1998 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Bijan Zolfagharnasab - Current Role: Retired - World Cup Experience: Assistant Coach of Iran @ 1998 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Asghar Sharafi - Current Role: Retired - World Cup Experience: Assistant Coach of Iran @ 1978 World Cup [Exit at Group Stage];

Nekou +Markar Aghajanian - an then add a Good foreign head coach, like Jose Pekerman or even Bert Van Waryk ( as he has worked with Asian teams) and it will be a match made in heaven!

Comment

I really want to keep Aghajanian, he's so important for the future transition of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
        Nekou +Markar Aghajanian - an then add a Good foreign head coach, like Jose Pekerman or even Bert Van Waryk ( as he has worked with Asian teams) and it will be a match made in heaven!
        Nekou, Markar and Shojaie7 as symbolic captain.
        Unity of the team is sacred.
        Keep the magic, keep the fire burning darlings.

Who were the other CQ staff members?
        Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

A lot of these candidates are not good enough for TM. Only coach I am interest for is Jose Mourinho. I hope that our federation can manage to do it.

Comment

With all the shenanigans going on, I am sure CQ has/had some sort of input regarding his successor.
            Nothing to do but have faith that the people who love TM are the ones calling the shots.

Comment

fox sports asia said that IFF is in nagotiations with bernd van marvayk?! would be a good coach !

I HOPE ITS TRUE
              Bollywood

Comment

Why do we need a coach? So that we can blame him?

Team-e Melli has grown up. It must stand on its own and play good football.

We do not have money. Let us put our money in youth groups. Iranians must learn to pay for Team-e Melli's success.

No more cheap talks.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Why do we need a goalkeeper? Let the defense tighten up to a point where opponents can't even get near our goal.
                  I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X