Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St Petersburg | 2019 - Page 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 348 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Sardar Azmoun @ Zenit St Petersburg | 2019

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 2,177 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Not a bad move for him, getting out of shit hole Kazan and rupture with Papa Berdy is a big plus. The only issue is they may play with only 3 non EUR players for Europe competition, and they have 4 but Noboa is pretty old so he may not start(Rakitsky, arrios, Noboa beside Azmoun).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,491 Times in 1,002 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Surenas View Post
    I don't know what actually is the problem with this case? The Russian league is not bad, they have the best league after the Big five (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France) in Europe, internationally, the Russian teams have even scored more points in the last three years than French teams, last season more than the Bundesliga.
    The power density in the Russian league is relatively high, with Zenit, CSKA, Spartak, Lokomotiv, Krasnodar there are at least five teams that are internationally competitive.]This season in Europe Zenit and Krasnodar made it quite easy as expected into the 1/16 finals, Krasnodar won over Sevillia btw. I'll expect that they'll be a tough opponent for Bayer Leverkusen, they can eliminate them, no doubt about it. Zenit is a top contender for winning the Europa League, CSKA might missed the 1/8 Final of the CL, but they have beaten Real Madrid twice 1-0 in Moscow and 3-0 in Madrid.
    Since the 2000s, Russian teams have been the most successful in the Europa League after the Spanish teams, Zenit won the trophy in 2008 and CSKA in 2004, making them the only country beside Spain to win this trophy twice in the past 15 years. Can we finally stop the fairy tales that the Russian league is bad for an Iranian player? Is that just because of prejudice? Zenit is a big club and Sardar has to show first that he has what it takes to compete at Zenit and not the other way around.
    I was just referring to the style of play in Russia. The matches are mostly just grind it out type. Very physical and less technical. Otherwise Yes you are correct the Russian teams have had some great success in the Europa league in the recent years.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,566 Times in 1,422 Posts
    This probably the best realistic option for him. It's not like he's going to another Russian Dahat. There's nothing wrong with being a star in the Russian League and playing in Champions league regularly.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,705 Times in 5,452 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Doust View Post
    I was just refereeing to the style of play in Russia. The matches are mostly just grind it out type. Very physical and less technical. Otherwise Yes you are correct the Russian teams have had some great success in the Europa league in the recent years.
    add to that its hardAF to play fluid football in 70% of the time Frigid conditions..!! in mostly half or more Empty, Soulless stadiums..!!
    seen plenty of RPL action over these past few years and barring very few, most all were BoringAF, and waste of time from purely viewers (fans?) entertainment value..!
    sure, it was a very challenging league to play in nonetheless and a fantastic place to toughen up and grow as a raw player ..... but that stage has long passed for Azmoun ..!

off course, i accept that this was a great StopGap move for Sardar considering his available options from the hole he had put himself into when he stupidly re-signed with Birdman when he coulda gone to Lazio..! But dont expect me to be thrilled about it...!!
    Ill be cheering for him at zenit like the rest of you, but mostly in hopes of his success there further greasing the wheels that hopefully soon see him roll outa that still underwhelming (considering his pedigree) and god damn freaking boring asss league..!! did i mention Borrrrrring..?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,074 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Hopefully they play attacking football and he succeeds.
    ----------------------Beiranvand---------------------
    --Rezaeian----Hosseini--Pouraliganji----Mohammadi
    ---------------Ezatolahi------Hajsafi----------------
    --Ghoddos-----------Dejagah------------Taremi---
    ------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,588 Times in 769 Posts
    Great move by Azmoun! Best of luck to our finest striker since Ali Daei!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sirvan For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The View Post
    This probably the best realistic option for him. It's not like he's going to another Russian Dahat. There's nothing wrong with being a star in the Russian League and playing in Champions league regularly.
    shut-
    Your blasphemous mouth. There's no such thing as russian dahat, you made it up

PFDC Supporter
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,423 Times in 1,703 Posts
    St Petersburg is quite far away from his family, given that this is very important for him I hope it doesn't affect him psychologically.

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,694 Times in 6,525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    St Petersburg is quite far away from his family, given that this is very important for him I hope it doesn't affect him psychologically.

They move and live with him.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nokhodi For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,609 Times in 4,158 Posts
    ^
    Jokes aside, Sardar would make a great dad though! He will be a caring father, who will teach his kids play football at a young age! Just like his own father, who was a professional Volleyball player, played volleyball with him when he was young! And I think some of those volleyball skills attributed to his strength in the air when it comes to headers!
    This is something many Eye-Ranian fathers don’t do when it comes to sports. Unlike American dads who take their boys out for weekend sports and encourage them at a young age to participate in one or two of their school’s sports teams.
    Anyway, I hope Sardar at least gets some more playtime at Zenit and matures more.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 348 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 706

You do not have permission to view the list of names.