This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
    I dont like england for him, i prefer spain or italy ....
    Unfortunately his rather high valuation puts him outa budget & general affordability of most all other EU league teams, except their elite clubs ..! & he isn’t yet prolific enough of a striker to get serious interest from the more established elite clubs of other EU leagues...!
    Also he is far more likely to attain lucrative per$onal terms from UK clubs than other Eu league teams, hence further motivation to @ least take a crack @ making it in EPL..!
    Besides EPL rejects are still far more marketable players than other Eu league’s rejects who then Often have to resort to Retirement $hit leagues to close out their careers..!

Comment

I think now he himself will realize there is nothing more left in Russia for him. He has achieved all there is to achieve as a striker in that league--getting top scorer, winning the domestic double, scoring in the UCL twice. Fully expecting him to move on soon.

In my opinion he would thrive in a counter attacking team for obvious reasons (pace, intelligent runs, physicality, ability to finish with both feet, unselfish). But if set up right he can mold into any system. Zenit often would be in control of games and rely on him and Dzyuba working with quick, short passing or other combinations to break down compact defenses. Therefore i don't think it matters much where he goes, so long as it is to a very strong team that would be fun to watch as a fun. I think he can succeed anywhere in any league at this stage in his game.

Comment

Semak has long interview with Russian media about zenit's season, teams development, changes for new season, and specifically azmoun.

This is azmoun excerpt.

"Semak compares Azmun with Benzema and Lacazette in movement."

year and a half ago we spoke right after the transfers of Azmun, Barrios and Rakitskiy. Then you said that Azmun in Zenit would not have to change his role, and also that you spoke with Berdyev about the placement of Azmun and Dziuba together. When was the idea of ​​such a pair born?

- Almost immediately after my arrival at Zenit. We understood what qualities of players are needed to strengthen the attack. One of the most important is speed. In RPL, no one can compare with Azmun in the ability to open correctly. In Europe there is Benzema, Lacazette, who move phenomenally and feel the moment - the same can be said about Serdar. Another plus - he plays great at the top.

When there was a real opportunity to acquire Azmun, we once again analyzed how to use the two attackers correctly. At the same time, I knew Artyom well and was sure that the role of the second striker would suit him. I think Dziuba fully revealed himself in a new role.

Is Azmun's ability to open up an innate quality?

- Of course, you need game intelligence. Plus, Kurban Bekievich did a great job with Azmun - Serdar's link with Christian Noboa stood out a lot. Noboa could always give a great pass, and Azmun could open on time and correctly.

- In a conversation with Berdyev, did you reveal the details of the roles of Dziuba and Azmun?

- Not. He asked if I had any understanding of how to use them together. I said yes.

There were no problems with Artem, he is a smart player. We talked about a new role, but overall, no big changes were required from him. The current position is comfortable for him: he loves to play with the ball, to pull back. Azmun can calmly wait for the moment and constantly distract the attention of the defenders, and open up at the right time. Serdar has the patience that a striker needs, so with Dziuba they complement each other perfectly.

Azmun often makes the wrong decisions with clear chances, but Semak sees progress

You have been asked about Azmun's problems with the implementation almost from Serdar's third game at Zenit. How to solve the problem? You talk about work all the time, but there is little visual change.

- It is clear that Azmun can score more, but he scores a lot anyway. There are one-on-one outs when he finds himself in a very advantageous position and makes the wrong decision. It's one thing to work on it in training, and it's another to get out in the game. You have to keep working - there is no other way.

do you see progress in its implementation?

- Serdar scored 17 goals.

- In the past - nine, but he came only in the winter.

- So this season he scored more. This means that there is progress.

- This season he spent entirely at Zenit, and in the first part of the last he played for Rubin - he had fewer chances there.

- I don't have statistics on how many chances he had at Rubin, so I focus on the results at Zenit. Of course, we are pleased with its performance.

- You said that he makes the wrong decisions. Can you clarify what it is?

- When there is a clear chance to score, and you make an extra touch or, conversely, hit when you need to move on with the ball. The composure that some attackers have and some lack.

- Is this a psychological moment?

- Both psychology and skill. Together.

I think its clear they are working on this final piece of the puzzle with him. If he perfects (not develops, because he is a good finisher as is) this in the next season, be it at zenit or with a new club in europe, he will truly enter the top level of european CFs, just after the likes of lewandowski, aubameyang, suarez, benzema, aguero.

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
          Azmoun is a Real Madrid level striker. I don’t know why people would think different.
          Benzema is notorious for missing chances but his build up play is world class. If Jovic can go to Real Madrid then Azmoun certainly can.
          Zenit don’t have any playmakers. Azmoun gets barely any service. Dzyuba takes all the penalties.
          The fact that Azmoun won the golden boot shows how lethal he is and how efficient he would be in a top team.
          It’s incredible that some people here can’t accept this fact but when important people like Semak mention it, then they believe. Before it becomes a ’fact’ we get accused of overrating Iranian players.

Don’t have a sheep mentality. I see the same mentality sometimes regarding Jahanbakhsh.
          #BanNoorafkan

Comment

In Russia do they usually include the patronymic name in addition to first name when referring to someone? Semak calls Berdyev, “Kurban Bekievich”. I also saw an interview with Sardar where he referred to Semak as “Sergei Bogdanovich”.

Comment

It’s incredible that some people here can’t accept this fact but when important people like Semak mention it, then they believe. Before it becomes a ’fact’ we get accused of overrating Iranian players.

Don’t have a sheep mentality. I see the same mentality sometimes regarding Jahanbakhsh.
              There’s no facts here. Just your opinion that he is a Real Madrid level player and Semak’s opinion that his movement is comparable to Benzema’s.

Comment

The journalist/reporter who runs Zenit’s social channels in English was just interviewed by my buddy regarding Sardar Azmoun and I thought it was interesting how he mentioned Sardar doesn’t have much interest in playing in Serie A and seems very keen on playing in England. The guy has developed a relationship/friendship with Sardar over the years - I’m feeling more and more confident we will see him in a premier league side:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBTzupz6s-Q
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  The journalist/reporter who runs Zenit’s social channels in English was just interviewed by my buddy regarding Sardar Azmoun and I thought it was interesting how he mentioned Sardar doesn’t have much interest in playing in Serie A and seems very keen on playing in England. The guy has developed a relationship/friendship with Sardar over the years - I’m feeling more and more confident we will see him in a premier league side:
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PBTzupz6s-Q
                  although it must be said, when just asked a few weeks ago regarding heavy napoli interest he said he would love to play in serie A or england. Before that he said his dream was to play in bundesliga. Reality is league doesnt mean much, depends on the actual team, style they play, role they are offering, and current standing.

two weeks ago jonathan david said his dream was to play in bundesliga, then he said the best fit for him was replacing osimhen at lille, now he is headed to leeds.

Comment

Osimhen going to sign for Napoli? They lost 2-0 tonight which really set them back in gaining a Europa League place.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Osimhen going to sign for Napoli? They lost 2-0 tonight which really set them back in gaining a Europa League place.
                      Napoli won the Italian Cup and are qualified to the Europa Leauge.
                      #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                        There’s no facts here. Just your opinion that he is a Real Madrid level player and Semak’s opinion that his movement is comparable to Benzema’s.
                        Azmoun can jump high but that’s just my opinion according to your logic. Because you can then say that Ronaldo jumps higher and therefore it’s just my opinion that Azmoun jumps high.

You’re basically saying that nothing is certain about Azmouns skills. It’s all an opinion and there is no logic that can be used to conclude how good of a player he can be in a certain leauge or club. Clubs spending 100 million on players is also an opinion without reasoning behind it then.

When a player has proven his skills on the pitch, it becomes a fact. It is factual that Azmoun is better than some strikers but to you that is just my opinion.

Semak, a coach that won the leauge and the cup, states that his player has a certain skillset based on analysis taken by him and his coaching staff but no, it can’t be facts, only opinions.
                        #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Yes it is the incredible that people underrate JB just because some nobody coach does not play him.

This is the same JB that was voted best winger of the Dutch league in 2016-2017 and the highest scorer in 2017-2018. Just because some coach with a piss poor track record like Potter doesn’t rate him, some just say oh he does not fit EPL.

For the record, he is perfectly capable of playing in EPL, which he convincingly showed in the few minutes he played this year. It is Potter who is not EPL material not JB.
                          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Do you guys want Sardar playing in a deeper role against weaker opposition?

For example, against Hong Kong he was dropping deep and playing as a CAM with Ansarifard playing more of a striker, and if I'm quite honest did a pretty decent job. Sending a couple of good crosses from outside the 18 only for Torabi to blunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Do you guys want Sardar playing in a deeper role against weaker opposition?

For example, against Hong Kong he was dropping deep and playing as a CAM with Ansarifard playing more of a striker, and if I'm quite honest did a pretty decent job. Sending a couple of good crosses from outside the 18 only for Torabi to blunder.
                              nope. not at all. As semak just said, he is best on the shoulder of the defender, in the box, etc. He is a classic instinctual PK box striker who knows where to be at the right time to finish the moves. He has good link up play but is not an amazing dribbler or somebody who will find tons of killer passes and dictate a game like a 10 should. Just because we struggle with that right now doesnt mean the solution is azmoun.

It would be a huge waste of capability to use him in any other role. He is not a 10, he is not a wing, he is a CF and thats it. Even with dzyuba azmoun still doesnt play as the Second striker, he is the forward tasked with finishing the chances, hence his 20 goals from open play this season compared to dzyubas 10.

Ansarifard is probably one of the last consideration for the CF spot right now. he drags azmoun's level down too and its a shame when we arent able to use 10% of our best players potential bc of shitty tactics that take them away from their best position and make no sense.

our 10's are Ghoddos, Gholizadeh, and if he is totally fit and firing (which im not sure will ever happen again) dejagah.

Comment

Zenit's first game of the 2020-21 season will be away at newly-promoted Rotor Volgograd (week of August 8-11th).

Comment

Working...
                                X