This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
    He played ok. Not bad, not great. Became more uninvolved as the game went on. And he missed a very easy chance, wasn’t the first time this season. Excuses were that he was not focusing or concentrating. May I ask where his focus and concentration were during a cup semi-final against Spartak? The bottom line for a striker is how efficiently they can score from scoring opportunities. Its not stats, its often the difference between winning and losing. There is alot of talk here about wanting our players in top 4 league, top 4 team, blah blah, but the standards there are not as shol as here.
    the standard is he has the most efficient scoring rate in the history of the club. He scored in clutch situations vs lyon, benfica, fenerbahce, villareal, krasnodar, and many other teams this year to decide results. He is not perfect but nor are many forwards playing in top leagues for top 5 teams.

Comment

Azmoun is a Real Madrid level striker. I don’t know why people would think different.

Benzema is notorious for missing chances but his build up play is world class. If Jovic can go to Real Madrid then Azmoun certainly can.

Zenit don’t have any playmakers. Azmoun gets barely any service. Dzyuba takes all the penalties.

The fact that Azmoun won the golden boot shows how lethal he is and how efficient he would be in a top team.
      #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
        Azmoun is a Real Madrid level striker. I don’t know why people would think different.

Benzema is notorious for missing chances but his build up play is world class. If Jovic can go to Real Madrid then Azmoun certainly can.

Zenit don’t have any playmakers. Azmoun gets barely any service. Dzyuba takes all the penalties.

The fact that Azmoun won the golden boot shows how lethal he is and how efficient he would be in a top team.

being successful at real Madrid and being bought by real Madrid are two totally different things.
        just because jovic is bought by real Madrid doesn't mean azmoun is a real Madrid level striker.

I consider Jahanbakhsh also better than Braithwaite.. but that doesn't make JB a barcelona level player.

and don't forget jovic is bought because his great performance in the bundesliga and Europe league.

we (iranians) tend to rate our countrymen higher than they actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by Reza_Abdolahi View Post
          being successful at real Madrid and being bought by real Madrid are two totally different things.
          just because jovic is bought by real Madrid doesn't mean azmoun is a real Madrid level striker.
          I consider Jahanbakhsh also better than Braithwaite.. but that doesn't make JB a barcelona level player.
          and don't forget jovic is bought because his great performance in the bundesliga and Europe league.
          we (iranians) tend to rate our countrymen higher than they actually are.
          It’s not that deep bro.

Azmoun is a proven striker. We have seen him for years and followed his development.

He has played europa leauge and champions leauge for multiple clubs.

He has won the golden boot and has an amazing goal scoring record for the national team.

Jovic and Mariano Diaz who are both Real Madrids bench strikers, are not better than Azmoun.

If you think my rating of Azmoun is higher than he actually is, then your standards of Iranians are below what they actually are.
          #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Comment

Cup upset: Zenit St. Petersburg BREAK Russian Cup trophy as they celebrate on the pitch after doing first double in decade (VIDEO)

Azmoun not involved luckily

Comment

It's okay, Azmoun had this though

https://www.rt.com/sport/494264-arte...ideo-teammate/

Comment

Its official.

Dejan Lovren has signed for Zenit FC.

Should be a great addition to their lacking defense. Hopefully Ivanovic sticks around for a little bit as well.

https://twitter.com/GazpromFootball/...693506560?s=20
                  #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Leiceister submitted a 16 mil EU bid for sardar which was immediately rebuffed.

"Zenit received a request to transfer Azmun from the Premier League
                    Edition Sport24 reported that the leaders of “Zenith” have received an OFFICIAL offer to transfer Azmun from the English Premier League. The Iranian interested the head coach of Leicester - Brendan Rogers! The Irishman believes that the “foxes” did NOT have enough attacking potential this season in order to play in the Champions League again.
                    he portal announced that Leicester had made an offer of 16 million euros. The amount does NOT suit “Zenith”, which is going to keep Serdar in the squad for the next season.
                    It is reported that the management of Leicester has put Azmun's transfer in the first row in priority, so the offer will definitely be increased. "

https://zen.yandex.ru/media/id/5d80a...32b46806abd4b3

An interesting option for sardar. Of the british coaches rodgers is probably best with wilder from sheffield. Leicester came a hair away from qualification for CL, and will be in EL. Vardy is 34 and with european competitions needs to be rotated anyways. They have played 2 up front at various times this season with players like ayoze, iheanacho who arent on azmouns level. They play very fast attacking football which suits sardar. A front two of him and vardy will be very hot to handle indeed.

Still I prefer the likes of leverkusen, lazio, gladbach. But good signs that the market for him really includes teams like napoli and leiceister. Also for all the complaints of russia this russia that zenit are improving their squad every year now with a strong core (rakitskiy, barrios, santos, azmoun, dzyuba, malcom, now lovren) and will have big ambitions in CL again. They have got him to a point where these offers/interest are real and he can show himself in a comfortable system. Who knows, a successful CL campaign could see the offer come from atletico madrid next and not leicester.

I think if leiceister offer close to 25 million it will be enough for zenit. They double their money on sardar, can replace him with kokorin who they loaned out (not as good as sardar but a good forward) and this helps them with new russian player limit. With 25 mil in the bank plus a foreigner slot available they can get a new CM that they really need for deep CL run.

Comment

The concern for Leicester is if they can keep Maddison, Chilwell and Barnes who have all been linked with moves away. The lockdown really ruined the season for them and they picked up some unfortunate injuries and lost all momentum which lost them the Champs League spot.

As a Liverpool fan I have a soft spot for Rodgers after we should have won the league with him and he had great success at Celtic (which isn’t hard).

Ihenacho is not good enough at all, Sardar would run rings around him all day . He was shockingly bad in that last game against United and doesn’t work too well with Vardy.

What Sardar will get if they can keep players is some very good crosses from the wings and have a very good playmaker behind him with Maddison. They play a very attractive attacking style of football and with Soyuncu and Evans fit have a very good defensive partnership.

I think it would be a good move , he would get opportunities as there isn’t much competition and also there is a little less pressure there than in other clubs. The fans are brilliant too, they make so much noise at home and really get behind there team.

Comment

Sardar’s stock has gone up considerably. I doubt Zenit will entertain any offer below 20 million

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          Sardar’s stock has gone up considerably. I doubt Zenit will entertain any offer below 20 million
                          They should go higher than that, quality players are at a premium at the moment and there is no rush in this market for them. They are financially secure and can use this to there advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                            yes, think this may have been more testing waters offer.

They are a cool team but still think rodgers is a so-so coach.

But the concrete interest and real offers he is getting now (as opposed to all this random talk of arsenal, 4th string Cf at liverpool before) is very positive and shows he is progressing in right direction.

Comment

Rodgers has improved definitely , he isn’t a top grade manager though and his main problem is that he rarely seems to have a plan B. His policy is sometimes (definitely when he was at Liverpool) is we will score more than you and win games that way. Hence some of the crazy scores when he was in charge at Liverpool, how Sardar would benefit though is that as an attacker he will have plenty of chances given to him.

Comment

If Crystal Palace sells away Zaha, any chance they pursue Azmoun?

Comment

Working...
                                X