Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to take anything away from Sardar's accomplishments, but JB became top scorer as a winger, and not on a league dominant team, like Zenith. On the other hand, the Russian league is pretty defensive.

Both have achieved a great milestone. Both have worked very hard to improve themselves as footballers. And both seem to be genuinely nice, upstanding guys. Wish them both well on the next step in their careers.
    Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Originally posted by nisfejahan View Post
      Not to take anything away from Sardar's accomplishments, but JB became top scorer as a winger, and not on a league dominant team, like Zenith. On the other hand, the Russian league is pretty defensive.

Both have achieved a great milestone. Both have worked very hard to improve themselves as footballers. And both seem to be genuinely nice, upstanding guys. Wish them both well on the next step in their careers.
      the eredivisie is a hot bed for talent, but the overall level of play, apart from the top clubs is low. russia on the other hand is the polar opposite, with not much talent, but good tactics and play. personally, i think that arj's golden boot is a bit better than sardar's because he didn't have many amazing players around him, and he scored all those goals on the wing with weghorst up top, who is a poacher. but all in all, a golden boot is a golden boot right? 🙂

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        you are banned from watching legionnares. It is simply your sacrifice for the public good. Damet garm and tanx again.
        Honestly, I haven't managed to watch a single game live this year. Blessing in disguise.

I hope the players appreciate this outside help for their performances this year too!

Comment

Originally posted by mahzi View Post
          Only two Asian players have been the top scorer in a major European league: SARDAR AZMOUN and ALIREZA JAHANBAKHSH
          Maksim Shatskikh was the top scorer in Ukraine.

Comment

Nice job Sardar!!!

Comment

didn't he get it last year as joint top scorer too?

Comment

Dear Iranians! I congratulate you on the fact that your compatriot Sardar Azmun became the champion and top scorer of the Russian Premier League!
                When I first saw tourists visiting Iran in the movies on You Tube, I was amazed. No country in the world welcomes foreigners as warmly as in Iran. After what I saw, I fell in love with the Iranians and consider you the kindest and most just people on earth.
                I am a fan of FC Krasnodar, because I live in this city, but despite this, since the appearance of Azmun in Rubin, I follow His sports career, always watch matches with his participation and enjoy the goals he scored.
                Now azmun is a star, playing in the best team in Russia and most likely will receive offers from the Top clubs in Europe.I think that He should only agree to move to those clubs that regularly play in the Champions League.
                I wish Azmun further sporting success, and the Iranian people peace, happiness and prosperity!
                I love Iranians!
                (Google translate)

Comment

Originally posted by Premier View Post
                  Dear Iranians! I congratulate you on the fact that your compatriot Sardar Azmun became the champion and top scorer of the Russian Premier League!
                  When I first saw tourists visiting Iran in the movies on You Tube, I was amazed. No country in the world welcomes foreigners as warmly as in Iran. After what I saw, I fell in love with the Iranians and consider you the kindest and most just people on earth.
                  I am a fan of FC Krasnodar, because I live in this city, but despite this, since the appearance of Azmun in Rubin, I follow His sports career, always watch matches with his participation and enjoy the goals he scored.
                  Now azmun is a star, playing in the best team in Russia and most likely will receive offers from the Top clubs in Europe.I think that He should only agree to move to those clubs that regularly play in the Champions League.
                  I wish Azmun further sporting success, and the Iranian people peace, happiness and prosperity!
                  I love Iranians!
                  (Google translate)
                  You too buddy. We thank Russia for giving such an opportunity to Sardar.
                  Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                    Shit. Missed the match again. Watched the replay, what a historic day. 2nd Iranian top scorer in Europe. I am happy both him and his best buddy Dzyuba won it. lol

This should easily raise his price tag to 35 million.
                    Wasn't Azmoun top scorer with Rubin in the previous seasons tho?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                      Wasn't Azmoun top scorer with Rubin in the previous seasons tho?
                      Azmun spent 8 seasons in Russia, he did not score more than 13 goals in a season (Rubin, Zenit 2018/19). It means that either it has become stronger, or it depends on the team, or both.
                      Here in detail:
                      https://tass.ru/sport/9030715

The Duo of Dzyuba and Azmun became the most productive in the history of the RPL!

Comment

Originally posted by Premier View Post
                        Azmun spent 8 seasons in Russia, he did not score more than 13 goals in a season (Rubin, Zenit 2018/19). It means that either it has become stronger, or it depends on the team, or both.
                        Here in detail:
                        https://tass.ru/sport/9030715

The Duo of Dzyuba and Azmun became the most productive in the history of the RPL!
                        thanks. I might check on transfermarkt website as well, to see how close Azmoun was to being top scorer of RPL

Comment

Smolov had an impact on the league for a while. 2 golden boots in a row.

Comment

Azmoun’s interview with Zenit after winning the golden boot

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you, congratulations you too.

How do you feel on being the league's top scorer?

All my teammates helped me to do this. If you work hard, then you will definitely be rewarded from it.

Were you and Artem Dzyuba competing for the prize?

We had a healthy and brotherly competition.

Everyone was impressed with your pass to Dzyuba against Orenburg, when you passed up the chance to score.

If someone else had been there I would have passed to him too. But, as I said, we have a brotherly rivalry and I am glad to be able to give him an assist.

How do you feel about this season and the league win?

To win the league is very, very difficult and we did it together, the players, the coaching staff, and all the club's staff, Everyone. We won this title together.

The Russian Premier Liga have named you as top scorer as you scored less from the penalty spot. Is this rule fair?

There is no difference between my 17 goals and Artem's. I know that it is not easy to score from the penalty spot. When naming the top scorer, there should be no difference between goals scored from a penalty spot and from open play. Again, I know that it is very difficult to score from the penalty shots. My 17 and Artem's 17 are the same.

This is the first time Zenit have the league's two top scorers, are you two the perfect strike force?

Understanding each other is important for forwards and Artem and I understand each other. We can sense where the other is.

Are you looking forward to the Russian Cup?

We are in for a tense game with Khimki and it is important for us to win the Russian Cup. They will be a tough opponent, especially considering their big win over Ural on their home pitch. We will not be underestimating them.

You've won the league twice now and are also the top scorer. What's your next goal?

I always try to help the team and I always want to be a champion.

https://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/2020-07-...vozdastsya.htm

Comment

Comment

With the russian cup it'll be 3 team honours and 1 individual one so far for Azmoun at Russia. (not counting in the motms and player of the months)
                                and hey does anyone have info on the commonwealth of independent states cup? I saw he was top scorer of this tournament between several post-soviet nations and also including Iran! Now that's interesting..

Comment

Working...
                                X