Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sardar needs to improve his dribbling skills. He often loses the ball when he is 1on1

Comment

Honestly his concentration lapses are the biggest differences between him being a good player and elite. If his finishing rate was higher, he could literally play on any team in the world.

Comment

Sardar also has put in a massive defensive shift today.

Thank you, Carlos.

Comment

He had some excellent runs in behind that malcom,dzyuba,ozdoev all failed to pick out. Was a bit tired at the end but also put in a huge defensive effort.

Stupid that he didn’t score that chance to cap an otherwise excellent performance. One of his best this season

Comment

Zenit win 2-1 and advance to the Russian Cup final, where they will face FC Khimki (they were in second division last year, and just won promotion).

Comment

Hoping the final is on ESPN3 as well. It was great watching Sardar in HD!

Comment

full highlights.

Azmoun's left footed long range shot at 0:27.

Got PK at 0:45.

Zlatan esque midair flick at 2:02

Long range right footed effort at 2:17

Bad miss at 5:05

Dzyuba had a bad miss from similar position at 1:54.

His long range game is something he has been working on this season, although we havent seen any goals from it yet. But vs Lyon, Benfica (both games), and tonight we see him try good long shots with both feet in big games. His shooting technique is not incredible but he keeps the ball very low aiming for corners, typically hard saves to make for GKs. If he can add this element to his game he will open up many new possibilities.

I am less concerned with his miss, those of sort of things happen. In the previous matches it was malcom who badly missed some 1v1s and easy finishes.

Comment

If that flick at 2:02 went in that would've been an absolute worldie

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                    If that flick at 2:02 went in that would've been an absolute worldie
                    The ESPN commentator called it zlatan like

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                        Hoping the final is on ESPN3 as well. It was great watching Sardar in HD!
                        How are you able to watch ESPN3?

Comment

Originally posted by Club monaco View Post
                          How are you able to watch ESPN3?
                          Need a cable/satellite subscription that includes it, or you can just subscribe to the ESPN app.

Comment

Next match is a league game against Rostov. I can see semak resting/subbing the main squad to save them for the cup final. Though as mentioned before, the cup opponent isn’t a powerhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Next match is a league game against Rostov. I can see semak resting/subbing the main squad to save them for the cup final. Though as mentioned before, the cup opponent isn’t a powerhouse.
                              I doubt it. there is two games left, might as well go all out for both, especially considering as you say khimkhi are a second division team.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                I doubt it. there is two games left, might as well go all out for both, especially considering as you say khimkhi are a second division team.
                                I hope so. It would be nice to see Zenit finish the season with a bang on all fronts.

Comment

Working...
                                X