Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For all those expecting explosive play, don't. At the end of the day, this is the Russian league. The only benefit is European exposure. Playing big games can land him a big move. Only 24, he still has 1-2 years before hitting his top attributes.
    "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

is zeneith is europa this year?

Comment

Thank god. This Kazan nightmare is over.
        .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
          Thank god. This Kazan nightmare is over.
          Nightmare??? They are the club that made him, especially joining them at a young tender age!

Comment

3.5 years. A good move and right step for him. Hope he can establish himself there.

Comment

Big club overall good move, not ideal, but still a step up from Rubin. The system they play with should hopefully help him shine again in league play.....as BL said Wolves are going to regret this big time. His connection with Noboa was great I’m finally optimistic about his future
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned yet is that he will wear number 7 apparently (according to David Sansun).

That’s always a good sign of the confidence Zenit have in him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He got #7 and already on the Europa League roster

This is his chance to finally prove himself. He got Juve legend Marchisio in midfield but he will have competition up top.

Zenit will most likely win the league and make CL next year

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    For all those expecting explosive play, don't. At the end of the day, this is the Russian league. The only benefit is European exposure. Playing big games can land him a big move. Only 24, he still has 1-2 years before hitting his top attributes.
                    I don't know what actually is the problem with this case? The Russian league is not bad, they have the best league after the Big five (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France) in Europe, internationally, the Russian teams have even scored more points in the last three years than French teams, last season more than the Bundesliga.
                    The power density in the Russian league is relatively high, with Zenit, CSKA, Spartak, Lokomotiv, Krasnodar there are at least five teams that are internationally competitive.]This season in Europe Zenit and Krasnodar made it quite easy as expected into the 1/16 finals, Krasnodar won over Sevillia btw. I'll expect that they'll be a tough opponent for Bayer Leverkusen, they can eliminate them, no doubt about it. Zenit is a top contender for winning the Europa League, CSKA might missed the 1/8 Final of the CL, but they have beaten Real Madrid twice 1-0 in Moscow and 3-0 in Madrid.
                    Since the 2000s, Russian teams have been the most successful in the Europa League after the Spanish teams, Zenit won the trophy in 2008 and CSKA in 2004, making them the only country beside Spain to win this trophy twice in the past 15 years. Can we finally stop the fairy tales that the Russian league is bad for an Iranian player? Is that just because of prejudice? Zenit is a big club and Sardar has to show first that he has what it takes to compete at Zenit and not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                      Jealous of Sardar living in St. Petersburg now man.

I'll never forget that city, 15k Iranians singing and dancing on Nevsky Prospekt, ROSSIYA ROSSIYA after they embarrassed the Saudis.....white nights when it didn't get dark until after midnight. Arash singing IRAN IRAN at the concert...what a night !

Not to mention if he's single, he'll have access to some of the highest quality women in the world (not as good as Moscow, but close second).

Speaking of which, it's amazing that we can't even get a visa-free previlige to Russia because of our so-called alliance with Russia. Our passport is true of no use....and just shows how shallow the so-called alliance is.

Had a couple of beers and a shot at work now and feeling like booking an spontaneous travel to SPB. but the god damn visa man!
                      Dadash gofti.

It was surreal being there with all the Iranians and seeing it all.

What a city. Also some women of such a calibre on Tinder etc I would have no chance with in the US! They seemed to genuinely like Iranians too

Comment

Not a bad move for him, getting out of shit hole Kazan and rupture with Papa Berdy is a big plus. The only issue is they may play with only 3 non EUR players for Europe competition, and they have 4 but Noboa is pretty old so he may not start(Rakitsky, arrios, Noboa beside Azmoun).

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
                          I don't know what actually is the problem with this case? The Russian league is not bad, they have the best league after the Big five (Spain, England, Italy, Germany, France) in Europe, internationally, the Russian teams have even scored more points in the last three years than French teams, last season more than the Bundesliga.
                          The power density in the Russian league is relatively high, with Zenit, CSKA, Spartak, Lokomotiv, Krasnodar there are at least five teams that are internationally competitive.]This season in Europe Zenit and Krasnodar made it quite easy as expected into the 1/16 finals, Krasnodar won over Sevillia btw. I'll expect that they'll be a tough opponent for Bayer Leverkusen, they can eliminate them, no doubt about it. Zenit is a top contender for winning the Europa League, CSKA might missed the 1/8 Final of the CL, but they have beaten Real Madrid twice 1-0 in Moscow and 3-0 in Madrid.
                          Since the 2000s, Russian teams have been the most successful in the Europa League after the Spanish teams, Zenit won the trophy in 2008 and CSKA in 2004, making them the only country beside Spain to win this trophy twice in the past 15 years. Can we finally stop the fairy tales that the Russian league is bad for an Iranian player? Is that just because of prejudice? Zenit is a big club and Sardar has to show first that he has what it takes to compete at Zenit and not the other way around.
                          I was just referring to the style of play in Russia. The matches are mostly just grind it out type. Very physical and less technical. Otherwise Yes you are correct the Russian teams have had some great success in the Europa league in the recent years.
                          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

This probably the best realistic option for him. It's not like he's going to another Russian Dahat. There's nothing wrong with being a star in the Russian League and playing in Champions league regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              I was just refereeing to the style of play in Russia. The matches are mostly just grind it out type. Very physical and less technical. Otherwise Yes you are correct the Russian teams have had some great success in the Europa league in the recent years.
                              add to that its hardAF to play fluid football in 70% of the time Frigid conditions..!! in mostly half or more Empty, Soulless stadiums..!!
                              seen plenty of RPL action over these past few years and barring very few, most all were BoringAF, and waste of time from purely viewers (fans?) entertainment value..!
                              sure, it was a very challenging league to play in nonetheless and a fantastic place to toughen up and grow as a raw player ..... but that stage has long passed for Azmoun ..!

off course, i accept that this was a great StopGap move for Sardar considering his available options from the hole he had put himself into when he stupidly re-signed with Birdman when he coulda gone to Lazio..! But dont expect me to be thrilled about it...!!
                              Ill be cheering for him at zenit like the rest of you, but mostly in hopes of his success there further greasing the wheels that hopefully soon see him roll outa that still underwhelming (considering his pedigree) and god damn freaking boring asss league..!! did i mention Borrrrrring..?

Comment

Hopefully they play attacking football and he succeeds.
                                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Comment

Working...
                                X