This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
    ^he has missed a large number of easy 1v1s..!! a while back he was on a roll on that front...!! probably the writer seen too many of them and referring to them..!!
    we argued the reasons for it here many times, imo, it boiled down mostly to his lack of concentration occasionally nonchalant attacking approach .... as in trying to look calm or not taking certain opponents serious enough .... hence annoyingly pissing away easy chances against them ..!!
    what he needs improvement the most is the more refined technical skills to unsettle and beat his immediate marker off of dribble .....! especially if the marker is a physical and stout defender and right in his face as soon as he get possession and crowds him and sardar doesnt have nether a team-mate nearby to Combine his way outa that trouble or If he isnt afforded the space to kick the ball forward and try to use his explosive Pace to get by him..!!
    right. I think it has more to do with concentration than anything. In CL games it feels like his conversion of 1v1s is much better? My point is, to say his finishing is like that of a 6 year old simply flies in face of his CL stats and performances. He was the scorer who broke atleticos record of not having conceded for 1 year + at home in CL match with rostov. That was clean 1v1 finish, same with bayern match, etc.

I actually think one of the main benefits of working with guy like gattuso, in bigger league for big team is you have pressure+ motivation to be fully concentrated in all matches. Its not easy going from playing lyon or leipzig in big CL game one week and the next playing some middle of butt fuck nowhere freezing conditions match. We see this also for PSG in france, amongst other examples.

Comment

well yea, there are many factors that play a vital roll and contribute to his possible success and/or failure at his next destination club and he'd be wise to consider them all carefully before deciding on 1 over the other (if multiple-options to choose are afforded to him anyhow..? as things are shaping up so far, he seems most likely to leave to the highest bidder that Zenit mostly want to sell to ..!? )
      sure the pressure to fit in and perform is much higher at Marquee EU powerhouses but usually so are the supporting cast around him, hence much easier to get on the board when serviced properly and consistently..! just look at how quickly he blossomed as an attacker and his scoring stats got padded in a much more formidable, ATTACKING side ( Zenit ) as opposed to playing at Rubin and even Rostov under a mostly defensive minded Team/coach..!!
      if i were him and was actually afforded a real choice of his next club, then i'd certainly make it my biggest objective to go to a club where the teams' playing philosophy and their supporting-cast qualities best suited to that of my own's..! and off course where i was being counted on a somewhat regular starter..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
        i think Everton iranian owner has been a long-time admirer of Sardar and has had a keen, long-term interest in attaining his services, especially since his explosive debut in CL with Rostov..!
        i remember few years back, Berdieve saying in an interview that Moshiri had contacted him and Sardar's folks and some of his immediate family friends? associates who back in the day used to give career advice and generally be involved in Sardar's club choices and transfers..!! however the interest got quickly dead in its early tracks mostly due to the huge questions marks and legal lawsuits/clout hanging over Azmoun's club ownership rights... (the legal piss-fight that arose from Sardar following Birdieve to Rostov from Rubin, supposedly w/o formal authorization of Rubin mgmt..!)
        hence Everton then chased after and signed some tokhmy Turkish striker Tusun or somebody..? and dont think he quiet worked out well for them? and what became of him next..??

mostly from my own Selfish Fan perspective i too prefer a possible Everton switch above all of the so far reported interested clubs..! why..? lets see, first n foremost, residing in US i can watch games far easier and attain needed links to witness for myself his progress and follow his career in EPL much easier, especially since i wouldnt face any language barriers and i could also take pride in another compatriot playing his trade in arguably the best football league in the world..!! even if he is likely to be snubbed and benched, abused and fked with by the typically passionate but cunt-in-nature english footballing fans/figures..! , i can still keep myself entertained by logging into number of Everton fan forums and bitch and moan about it and give the flaky brit fans some shitt back and piece my mind.!! besides, of all the iranian players so far linked with an EPL move, Sardar is just about the only one who i have some reasonable faith in making a noteworthy impact in..!
        the healthy talent pool and football ambitions of the club is a certain plus and so is their iranian majority owner ..!

next; i'd prefer a top 5 team in La Liga and then Napoli, mostly to get warmed up to and interested in Serie A again..! some 30+years ago, and for a looong time prior to that, I recall Serie A being the undisputed TOP EU football leagues .... other leagues werent even close to competing with them for that honor..!
        Yep, I couldn't agree more...
        "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

his rostov highlights are still some of the best on his resume.

Zenit dominate most league games in a mechanical manner. They play percentage game. Eventually with quality of dzyuba, driussi, azmoun, rakitskiy, douglas they will break down most russian defences. They position azmoun as a much more traditional penalty box player, and it shows as most of his goals have come from low crosses, cut backs, quick one twos with dzyuba, etc since joining zenit.

However, this means that we see less of the full azmoun, and maybe some forget what he can do. Part of a fearsome counter attack that took league and europe by total surprise, he was very difficult to play against for the like of Ajax,
          PSV, Anderlecht, Atletico, Bayern, Sparta Prague, etc. This illustrated how effective he can be in counter attack system with driving solo runs to lead counter attack (seen just a couple times with zenit), getting on the end of high crosses into disoriented opposition defence.

He has shown he can be very successful in both these totally different systems, both domestically and in higher level Euro competition. He has adapted his game to be able to do that, while most of berdyev's exports to zenit have been miserable failures (what many russians expected from azmoun) he has improved. I think this combo on his CV, playing for smaller team on counter to this degree of success, then for bigger possession dominant team to even more statistical success is what makes him impressive to many teams. Other players in his category havent shown the ability to do it for multiple teams in different systems across both domestic and CL play.

This azmoun is a perfect fit for everton style of play with ancelotti. Pace with Richarlison, calvert lewin, would be fearsome. He would need to display a combination of the two styles playing for gattuso's napoli, who have a more variable setup game to game. That is one of their current deficiences with milik, if they want to hit teams on the break he is not very useful for that as a traditional target man, but if they want somebody to hold ball up mertens cannot do that very well when he is CF. This can be problematic in a 1 forward formation, as you can not have both elements, but or the other. For certain games the opposition team might not be able to handle the chosen tactic, but for others if they quickly figure it out it will be hard to break their defence down. admittedly both are superior, more experienced finishers than azmoun, but that can be improved and his versatility would give gattuso a very interesting weapon that can play various systems and make gameplan harder for opposition to figure out.

Comment

england is a good place for him, he can do well there, lets see what happens, arsenal is a bog club but no thanks

Comment

There are rumors of Adebayour leaving in the summer and Lacazzette has been performing below expectations this season.
              Nketiah has not been good enough to be in the starting lineup of Leeds united. That might only leave Martinelli as the main striker who is a different kind of player than Azmoun. Azmoun could add something extra to Arsenal especially if Adebayour leaves the club. Actually both Adebayor and Laccazette could leave this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Ali View Post
                There are rumors of Adebayour leaving in the summer and Lacazzette has been performing below expectations this season.
                Nketiah has not been good enough to be in the starting lineup of Leeds united. That might only leave Martinelli as the main striker who is a different kind of player than Azmoun. Azmoun could add something extra to Arsenal especially if Adebayour leaves the club. Actually both Adebayor and Laccazette could leave this summer.
                Aubameyang.

Also, no way Sardar can handle the mental pressures of Arsenal. If he thought Iranian fans were mean to him after the World cup, just imagine how mean the fans will be on ArsenalTV after he in very Sardar fashion "hol-mishe" and messes up a one-on-one.

Plus judging on his social media presence, the Lifestyle in London is too distracting for someone like Sardar. If he does come to England, he's much better off in a smaller town like Wolverhampton.

Comment

Surprised he isn't linked to Rubin Kazan tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
                    Surprised he isn't linked to Rubin Kazan tbh
                    Just wait and watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                      Just wait and watch.
                      Papa Berdyev be like

Comment

Some of the criticism of his 1 on 1 abilities is true, even when he first joined Zenit his coach mentioned that he needs work in that department. More recently however he has sharpened up those situations and I have noticed he had less uncertainty/hesitation. Spanish media being far too critical, he would be a fantastic asset to Atletico especially in big games where they have to sit back and absorb pressure. Having someone as fast and as good in the air as Azmoun is a dream for those games.

Comment

Based on an Italian freind there is no mention of all these in real Italian media, so I would wait and see. We have heard these rumors God knows how many times...

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Based on an Italian freind there is no mention of all these in real Italian media, so I would wait and see. We have heard these rumors God knows how many times...

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                            Gazzetta spoke about it some days ago but so far rumors by italian medias never became true regarding iranian players (Azmoun to lazio, Beiro to Torino). I take all this with a grain of salt as the covid will change all the rule (calendar, player price, transfer windows..) and it is too early to know how the post-covid will be.

I don't deny there can be an interest of Napoli director for Azmoun but even in this case, it is too early to know the end of the story.

Comment

way too many rumored interests, so long away from transfer deadline, certainly suggesting of a significant bit of Bazargarmi at play here, too..!!
                              but thats all great, as far as Sardar and especially Zenit are concerned, not to mention us in these lull football times..!
                              that is why you pay the handsome commissions in order to acquire services of a shrewd, professional player agent as opposed to your baba o amoo or khale..!
                              besides with sever shortage live action drama for the sports medias in order to feed their masses of consumers, (if for nothing for sake of self-sustainment) football media are currently far more likely to grasp at any straw and jump on the faintest of all Transfer Rumors to keep themselves still relevant in this business ..!

ps
                              papa Berdie has already negotiated a "sell-on fee" for himself in Sardar's current Zenit contract..!! so like Zenit mgmt, he'd be mostly will looking to sell to the highest bidder, as the last paycheck from his golden boy..!!

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                Aubameyang.

Also, no way Sardar can handle the mental pressures of Arsenal. If he thought Iranian fans were mean to him after the World cup, just imagine how mean the fans will be on ArsenalTV after he in very Sardar fashion "hol-mishe" and messes up a one-on-one.

Plus judging on his social media presence, the Lifestyle in London is too distracting for someone like Sardar. If he does come to England, he's much better off in a smaller town like Wolverhampton.

Oh god, AFTV They are the ones who started the whole #WengerOut, they are such a burden on the club. I remember a time Hector Bellerin called them out and all of AFTV did their best to get him benched to be the likes of an aging Lichsteiner. And a few weeks back they gave Laca shit for not scoring! And if they are not trying to get a player benched, they will try to get a manager sacked like some sort of coup/coup d’état just to improve their ratings and their ratings are based on when Arsenal lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X