Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure trading 1 top seeded CL team for another makes much sense at this point. He is the team’s star, is loved by his teammates and fans, and is HAPPY! He would be giving all that up for a chance at the same thing in another team/country. And for what exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      Not sure trading 1 top seeded CL team for another makes much sense at this point. He is the team’s star, is loved by his teammates and fans, and is HAPPY! He would be giving all that up for a chance at the same thing in another team/country. And for what exactly?
      exactly. He is ready to move to a better league for sure, but he has no need to take a crappy offer just to say he got to said league. He will continue to perform at this level if he stays fit (knock on wood) and if a truly quality offer comes, from a team that both really wants AND suits him, then he can make a decision.

Comment

Azmoun post match interview :
        The game was not easy for us, because we play every 3 days. Physically, it’s quite difficult for us, but we, professionals, must do our job, no matter what the circumstances.

The beginning of the second half turned out to be not the best, but it's football, sometimes with a score of 2: 0 you calm down a bit. But we have a good coach, who under any circumstances can return the game to the right track. We played well, all the fans of “Zenith” with a victory!

Comment

Originally posted by Dortmund View Post
          Hope he impresses vs Leipzig, could see him heading there after a good season. Nagelsman would unlock the rest of his potential and he would play CL/top 3 league
          He has it way too good currently at Zenit and he is currently well within his comfort zone on and off the pitch..!
          with Zenit looking likely to get outa group stages of CL and also likely to qualify again for CL next season, i really think it will only take a juicy offer from a Marquee (if not Elite..!) wester EU Club for Zenit to let him off the hook and more importantly for him to be arsed to leave his comfort zone to try and adapt to a whole new league/country/club/language and etc..!!
          doubt he would be wooed by a Leipzig or such caliber EU clubs ...!!? those days are long gone now for him..!

Comment

I think he is gonna stay at Zenit a few years. He seems happy and finally an important piece of his team. Knowing how he likes comfortable places, i dont see him making a move unless a big offer comes or some coach likes him specifically on his team.

Comment

This is far-fetched but he should stay at Zenit 2-3 seasons (scoring lots of league and CL goals), make a move to EPL to a team like Manchester United for a couple of seasons, then come back to Rubin Kazan and retire like César Navas and Gökdeniz Karadeniz. There, having a sucessful career and going down as an Iranian football legend.

Comment

Realistically I think azmoun will stay until the end of next season.

With the current chemistry he has with his team, coach, and amazing fans, stadium and lifestyle he currently has, there’s no reason to leave. He’s still very young. If he stays at zenit till he’s 25 or 26, he can still easily transfer to a top league and play for a few seasons there as well.

I think it mainly depends on how well zenit do in the CL this year.

If they make it out of this group, and win the championship in Russia again, I really think azmoun should stay. Russian league top team + guaranteed champions league participation is better in my opinion than a mid table team in a league like bundesliga.

In other words, it needs to be a champions league level team in a top league, in order for azmoun to move.

Otherwise there’s no reason to leave CL football for a brighton like situation.

Zenit are currently playing high quality football
                And seem to be getting better by the match.

If you compare them this season to last season, you will see that their chemistry and quality as a team has significantly improved and that their squad strength has as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                  Realistically I think azmoun will stay until the end of next season.

With the current chemistry he has with his team, coach, and amazing fans, stadium and lifestyle he currently has, there’s no reason to leave. He’s still very young. If he stays at zenit till he’s 25 or 26, he can still easily transfer to a top league and play for a few seasons there as well.

I think it mainly depends on how well zenit do in the CL this year.

If they make it out of this group, and win the championship in Russia again, I really think azmoun should stay. Russian league top team + guaranteed champions league participation is better in my opinion than a mid table team in a league like bundesliga.

In other words, it needs to be a champions league level team in a top league, in order for azmoun to move.

Otherwise there’s no reason to leave CL football for a brighton like situation.

Zenit are currently playing high quality football
                  And seem to be getting better by the match.

If you compare them this season to last season, you will see that their chemistry and quality as a team has significantly improved and that their squad strength has as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  I agree - the standard is no longer any team in a top 4 league. For it to be worthwhile, he needs to be in a top 5-6 team in a top 4 league to leave. His form in Zenit can and will have big implications for his TM performances
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

100% agree, I don’t think anything less than an top 5 team in a top 5 league would be acceptable.

It’s hard to understate just how good his situation is right now. UCL football in an attacking system, a great striking partner and mentor, a great players coach (Semak has helped polish several aspects of his game and Sardar was very eager to play under him). Zenit’s stronger than any mid table team from one of the top leagues and once the squad is free from injuries they can make a bang in Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      This is far-fetched but he should stay at Zenit 2-3 seasons (scoring lots of league and CL goals), make a move to EPL to a team like Manchester United for a couple of seasons, then come back to Rubin Kazan and retire like César Navas and Gökdeniz Karadeniz. There, having a sucessful career and going down as an Iranian football legend.
                      Nope Nope Nope!

I'm a Manchester United fan. I dont want him anywhere near this toxic club rn or in a couple years. Hes gonna get scapegoated just like ARJ.

Comment

Clearly, the consensus appears to be: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Let's be happy with where Azmoun is at this point in his career, and enjoy being his fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                          Even if I was warming the bench at Parvaz Zanjan, I wouldn't make a move to Manchester United right now...

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                            Even if I was warming the bench at Parvaz Zanjan, I wouldn't make a move to Manchester United right now...
                            I know my friend, that’s why in my initial post I said 2-3 seasons (assuming Ole gets sacked by then). But in fairness to Manchester United, all the top 6 teams aren’t doing to well atm.

For now he should stay at Zenit for 2-3 seasons, given Zenit are a business-minded club in 2-3 seasons he will be in his prime and Zenit can sell him for maximum price.

Comment

Can we just get Sardar to get a nice haircut like rest of team melli? My God all these nice cuts and no one can introduce him to a good barber? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                                Can we just get Sardar to get a nice haircut like rest of team melli? My God all these nice cuts and no one can introduce him to a good barber? Lol
                                He got one good cut (even made the zenit Twitter page) but then grew it out to his usual cut

Comment

Working...
                                X