• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the fan chants:

"SERDAR"...."AZMOUN"!!!
    "SERDAR"...."AZMOUN"!!!
    "SERDAR"...."AZMOUN"!!!

Comment

Lovely take for his goal , good quick thinking that caught the defence off guard.

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the English bring football to Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the English bring football to Iran?
          yes when they were there running our country as a de facto colony.

Comment

Goals in Champions League so far:

Sardar Azmoun: 2
            Real Madrid: 2
            Barcelona: 2
            Napoli: 2
            Inter: 2
            Milan: 0

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Goals in Champions League so far:

Sardar Azmoun: 2
              Real Madrid: 2
              Barcelona: 2
              Napoli: 2
              Inter: 2
              Milan: 0

SERGE GNABRY 4ta haji

Comment

Originally posted by MR.ESTESNAII View Post
                Sardar did great . The only thing that pissed me off was the English racist commentator who said the goal was so easy a fan could finish that off and Sardar didn’t have to do anything ...can’t what for Jahanbakhsh to leave too so we don’t have to watch EPL
                Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                From the country that produced Emile Heskey...
                Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                Yeah I don’t quite understand English people.

He praised dzyuba and azmoun all game and then said that...
                Stop being overly sensitive.

It's called hyperbole. He's making a dramatic statement to over-emphasise his point; that Benfica's defending was bad. It wasn't about Azmoun's quality as a player.

Comment

Originally posted by enikoravesh View Post
                  SERGE GNABRY 4ta haji
                  Yeah, I think you've misunderstood it. It's not saying he's a top goalscorer. It's saying he individually has scored as many, if not more, goals in the competition as some of the biggest teams have scored total goals so far.

This was posted on Zenit's English Twitter page

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post

It's called hyperbole. He's making a dramatic statement to over-emphasise his point; that Benfica's defending was bad. It wasn't about Azmoun's quality as a player.
                    Yes dadash but the point is the English commentary is ridiculously biased and they always make snide remarks against non-English teams..I had to spend £200 on an Iranian satellite box just to avoid this sht during the WC last year..

Comment

What's with the Mbappe celebration?!

It's time he came up with his own one.

Comment

Out of curiosity, are you English/part English?

Comment

Sure, but I wonder why whenever Ronaldo makes a tap-in, he's lauded as the greatest creature to ever grace the earth.

If Ronaldo scored that goal, commentators would laud the excellent timing of his run and smooth finish.
                          Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

I think we’re making something out of that comment that isn’t there. The commentators point was that after Sardar rounded the keeper, finishing it off could’ve been done by anybody in the stands. See for yourself:

https://youtu.be/eO8vIag-o-Q

Comment

interesting to note;

Sardar's goals (including the marginally offside one), his big chance early the game where he was denied by a last gasp keeper kick-save?, and the OwnGoal which denied him an easy tap-in were all initiated from from catching Benfica's LB on a quick counter ..!! i think perhaps it was something Semak had recognized as a weak spot and kept trying to exploit it the whole game long..?
                              ps
                              the replay i saw of sardar's disallowed goal showed him literally being just 1 half-step offside at time of delivery of the pass....!! one foot offside, while his back foot clearly on..! so damn close..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post

interesting to note;

Sardar's goals (including the marginally offside one), his big chance early the game where he was denied by a last gasp keeper kick-save?, and the OwnGoal which denied him an easy tap-in were all initiated from from catching Benfica's LB on a quick counter ..!! i think perhaps it was something Semak had recognized as a weak spot and kept trying to exploit it the whole game long..?
                                ps
                                the replay i saw of sardar's disallowed goal showed him literally being just 1 half-step offside at time of delivery of the pass....!! one foot offside, while his back foot clearly on..! so damn close..!!
                                good observation. Interesting that zenit were rumored to be highly interested in that LB, grimaldo, even making a bid for him in the summer that was rebuffed. They also missed out on renan lodi who went from Brazil to Atletico madrid and is now their starter. They ended up with their 3rd choice douglas santos who was brilliant yesterday. A very solid defender who can play midfield as well with good range of offensive skills. Sardar's goal with lyon was initiated by his great pass.

Dzyuba just needed to play that a split second quicker and sardar would have been on.

Overall just your analysis proves how active he was in decisive moments. He had 4 shots, all on target, two forcing good saves from the keeper, one shot with his weak foot as well, two that were scored 1v1's both expertly taken, and his positioning was spot on for the OG that forced the Benfica defender to make an interception knocking it in.

On a side note, I agree with you that him throwing his arms up in the air was kinda frustrating for me too. Bit childish, but thats about my only complaint.

Comment

Working...
                                X