This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
    Sardar to Liverpool rumours done and buried for good as Liverpool are set to sign Japanese forward Minamino from Salzburg next month
    che behtar
    im fed up with English fans and football for a while .... and i guess as the saying goes..
    cheap things No good
    Good things No Cheap..!

Comment

Sardar to Liverpool rumours done and buried for good as Liverpool are set to sign Japanese forward Minamino from Salzburg next month
      This guy is the same age as Azmoun. He has been doing well since the Zenit move but I expected much more when he was 19.

Comment

Yeah they snatched him up in part because his pricetag was very reasonable at around 7.5m
        Zenit would demand at least 20-30m for Sardar. Given his pricetag alone i doubt anything short of a top level of team would be willing to pay that sort of price.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
          Liverpool likely to sign Japanese midfielder Minamino, sigh...
          Be gole EKBATAN Maa Irania aslan shaans nadarim

Must not be bad having players in Real Madrid, Barcelona, Porto, PSV, Marseille, and now Liverpool! That's aside from their league, who are gathering players like Iniesta, Villa, Darder, etc... and soon David Silva.

(Not trying to sound unappreciative of we have in our football but man they really have it good with luck)

Comment

Yeah they snatched him up in part because his pricetag was very reasonable at around 7.5m

Zenit would demand at least 20-30m for Sardar. Given his pricetag alone i doubt anything short of a top level of team would be willing to pay that sort of price.
            If we want to talk about luck it is meaningless comparing minamino to sardar. Sardar's value is much higher, and he has been consistent performer in europe for a long time.

Also, sardar's position is just CF. If a team buys him either it will be as a starter, or maybe a really big team that wants to have him take over CF role soon down the line.
            Minamino on the other hand is so versatile and can play a ton of roles in offense, midfield.

An apt comparison would be ghoddos I think. Minamino is a better presser but technically and tactically him and saman are on similar level. I am sure, as a long time arsenal fan, that had wenger remained in club with similar transfer privileges and input that he had in the past he would have signed ghoddos for sure . We needed some more depth in attacking midfield at that time and wenger singled out saman for public praise, and even didnt deny when asked if he would look to buy him.

If we want to talk about luck or iranians playing for bad level of team, again I say we shouldnt complain about sardar. Zenit are a big team where he is shining and reputation is growing, and most importantly he is IMPROVING. A case like ghoddos is far more depressing, also less to do with being iranian and more to do with growing up in a ghetto neighborhood and having all your advisors being the same dumbasses you hung out in street with growing up. Ghoddos should be playing for either CL-level french sides (Lille, Marseille) or bundesliga (hoffenheim) or even teams like ajax would be a great fit. For me it is so sad that because of this bs with ostersunds and his own agent he ended up in some backwater like Amiens, and is only now going to return from 4 month ban...

With regards to other players, if they had moved to europe earlier they would be in similar positions to japanese players. Nakajima who plays in Porto played for a far worse team than taremi's rio ave (portimonense) for a couple seasons before he gained a lot of admirers, went to al duhail for one season and then to porto. IF taremi had transferred to portugal at that time instead of going with al gharafa for 3 meaningless seasons he would be playing at the very least in Porto/Benfica/Sporting right now. Not to say he still cant do it, but it has nothing to do with iranians luck, more iranians mentality. Some people on this forum have a bad case of it too, always complaining about where our players from iran are playing. Not realizing they have deficiencies and better teams will not look at them unless they are first performing decently at european level with smaller teams. Some of our players think the same, that they should immediately be in a europa league/CL level team in a solid league coming straight from iran, without first establishing themselves in europe. Everybody else does that, I am not sure why some iranians think they are so special that playing in smaller teams is below them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              With regards to other players, if they had moved to europe earlier they would be in similar positions to japanese players. Nakajima who plays in Porto played for a far worse team than taremi's rio ave (portimonense) for a couple seasons before he gained a lot of admirers, went to al duhail for one season and then to porto. IF taremi had transferred to portugal at that time instead of going with al gharafa for 3 meaningless seasons he would be playing at the very least in Porto/Benfica/Sporting right now. Not to say he still cant do it, but it has nothing to do with iranians luck, more iranians mentality. Some people on this forum have a bad case of it too, always complaining about where our players from iran are playing. Not realizing they have deficiencies and better teams will not look at them unless they are first performing decently at european level with smaller teams. Some of our players think the same, that they should immediately be in a europa league/CL level team in a solid league coming straight from iran, without first establishing themselves in europe. Everybody else does that, I am not sure why some iranians think they are so special that playing in smaller teams is below them lol.
              Agha I 100% agree with the fact that we should support players who are playing smaller European leagues (e.g. Zahedi, Mehdikhani, Moharrami, etc...) and I also understand there are some players who want everything hazero amadeh without putting in the shift/work (not only in our football but in the Iranian workplace everyone wants to be sitting behind an office desk with a suit/tie without working their way up).

However, everything starts from the grassroots and league. Our league does not have facilities or benefits as other leagues have, in addition to the league not being very organized for scouts to monitor should they want scout any of our players... For that, Iranians usually have to take an extra step to get to Europe that Japanese/South Korean players do not have to take, thus being a detering factor for them. We do have talents in our league, however, I feel they are not being used to their full capacity unless a forgein manager comes in (e.g. Strama) and maximizes Ghaedis or other young players potential. And I'm not sure really who to blame for all this or who I should be blaming for it. Regardless, I feel Iranian football to much involved in politics as much as we don't want it to be and middle men (aka dalals). But that's just my take on it, so it might be an exagerration when I base it purely on luck with other factors being involved.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                If we want to talk about luck it is meaningless comparing minamino to sardar. Sardar's value is much higher, and he has been consistent performer in europe for a long time.
                Also, sardar's position is just CF. If a team buys him either it will be as a starter, or maybe a really big team that wants to have him take over CF role soon down the line.
                Minamino on the other hand is so versatile and can play a ton of roles in offense, midfield.
                An apt comparison would be ghoddos I think. Minamino is a better presser but technically and tactically him and saman are on similar level. I am sure, as a long time arsenal fan, that had wenger remained in club with similar transfer privileges and input that he had in the past he would have signed ghoddos for sure . We needed some more depth in attacking midfield at that time and wenger singled out saman for public praise, and even didnt deny when asked if he would look to buy him.
                If we want to talk about luck or iranians playing for bad level of team, again I say we shouldnt complain about sardar. Zenit are a big team where he is shining and reputation is growing, and most importantly he is IMPROVING. A case like ghoddos is far more depressing, also less to do with being iranian and more to do with growing up in a ghetto neighborhood and having all your advisors being the same dumbasses you hung out in street with growing up. Ghoddos should be playing for either CL-level french sides (Lille, Marseille) or bundesliga (hoffenheim) or even teams like ajax would be a great fit. For me it is so sad that because of this bs with ostersunds and his own agent he ended up in some backwater like Amiens, and is only now going to return from 4 month ban...

LOLLL it's because Iranian fans just want their players to succeed so badly, they often end up not realizing the actual level of the players abilities.

A lot of fans just end up being unrealistic, and think our players deserve to play on top European teams, meanwhile not a single one of our players is even doing as well as someone like.......let's say Jonathan David - 19 year old Canadian: 9 goals + 6 assist in 17 matches for Gent so far this season.

If our best players are doing no better than this guy, who plays for Gent, then we are delusional if we think other players deserve to be in a top 4 team in a top 4 league, or somewhere around there. Even in Sardar's case, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play for such a big club next season, IF he even leaves Zenit, but he would be the only player we have that's even close to being at that top level.

This can change over time of course, but we shouldn't jump the gun and say our players are already there.

Comment

He is believed to have a 10 million euros buyout clause with the current club and his real market value is reported to be at least 30 million euros now. What a bargain.

By the way, he is the same player who cheated our defenders at the Asian Cup.

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  Be gole EKBATAN Maa Irania aslan shaans nadarim
                  Must not be bad having players in Real Madrid, Barcelona, Porto, PSV, Marseille, and now Liverpool! That's aside from their league, who are gathering players like Iniesta, Villa, Darder, etc... and soon David Silva.
                  (Not trying to sound unappreciative of we have in our football but man they really have it good with luck)
                  Their centre back Tomiyasu will move to a big team soon. In Italy he is getting many praises for his athletic ability, defensive skill, and great technique on the ball for a defender. Azmoun was physically bullied badly by that guy at the Asian Cup.

I miss the days when some of our delusional fans were looking down on Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by forzatm View Post
                    He is believed to have a 10 million euros buyout clause with the current club and his real market value is reported to be at least 30 million euros now. What a bargain.

By the way, he is the same player who cheated our defenders at the Asian Cup.

Their centre back Tomiyasu will move to a big team soon. In Italy he is getting many praises for his athletic ability, defensive skill, and great technique on the ball for a defender. Azmoun was physically bullied badly by that guy at the Asian Cup.

I miss the days when some of our delusional fans were looking down on Japan.
                    I thought it was Yoshida who was giving Azmoun a tough time in the Asian Cup

Comment

Guys football is a business at the end of the day and the unfortunate truth is Iranians are not marketable for european teams. When a talented korea or Japanese comes around it has a ton of value for these teams....they’re not worried about being fair to Iranians. It’s a business, which is all about $$$$
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdjyh2Agl5M The South Koreans see Son as a Messiah, imagine the television contract, jersey cells, and sponsorships for Tottenham... Football is based around money...

Comment

Our players, barring Azmoun aren't simply good enough to cut it in the top leagues.

You must be kids if you think our current players are more talented than the past ones. Mahdavikia won the best assist provider in the Bundesliga, Daei scored against Milan and Chealsea in the CL, Hashemian scored 16 goals in a Bundesliga season, Rezaei was a starter in the Serie A and Nekounam was Osasuna's hero.

We have only 1 player in the top leagues now and he has been disastrous. Even an Iraqi guy (Ali Adnan) performed better than JB at the highest level in Europe.

No wonder we lost to Bahrain and Iraq after CQ left TM.

Unfortunately, the gap between us and Japan will only increase considering more and more talented kids in Japan began to play football. FYI, baseball is the most popular sport there.

Comment

I thought it was Yoshida who was giving Azmoun a tough time in the Asian Cup

Mainly Tomiyasu, and this was one of his best matches/crucial matches that year which was the reason for Bologna to invest in him besides his consistent games for STVV. (Scouts were watching Iran vs. Japan)

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Mainly Tomiyasu, and this was one of his best matches/crucial matches that year which was the reason for Bologna to invest in him besides his consistent games for STVV. (Scouts were watching Iran vs. Japan)
                              another example of a player who joined a lower tier team and showed himself there. Charleroi are a considerably better team than st truiden even.

But I am sure if an iranian made that move half this forum would zerrr about how thats such a bad team and the player must not be any good. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                                Our players, barring Azmoun aren't simply good enough to cut it in the top leagues.

You must be kids if you think our current players are more talented than the past ones. Mahdavikia won the best assist provider in the Bundesliga, Daei scored against Milan and Chealsea in the CL, Hashemian scored 16 goals in a Bundesliga season, Rezaei was a starter in the Serie A and Nekounam was Osasuna's hero.

We have only 1 player in the top leagues now and he has been disastrous. Even an Iraqi guy (Ali Adnan) performed better than JB at the highest level in Europe.

No wonder we lost to Bahrain and Iraq after CQ left TM.

Unfortunately, the gap between us and Japan will only increase considering more and more talented kids in Japan began to play football. FYI, baseball is the most popular sport there.

Truth!

Comment

Working...
                                X