X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    You can add Navidkia to that list too,
    But tbh Dinmohammadi did quite well playing in 2nd div.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
    Navidkia was just horribly injury prone. It wasn't really an ability issue.
    He was so good that Bochum signed him when he was injured!

Really one of the wasted talents in Iranian football. He could have run our entire midfield for 10 years if he wasn't so unlucky with his injuries. Better than Jabbari or any of the replacements.

Comment

https://www.todofichajes.com/el-napo...u-precio-25me/

According to this article, Napoli sporting director Giuntoli has already began contacted zenit and preliminary negotiations have begun. zenit have set price of 25 mil EU.

"The Naples prepares a revolution for the market next summer and now wants to take the break because of the crisis of the Coronavirus to advance work in offices.

According to the information we manage at TodoFichajes, the club chaired by Aurelio De Laurentiis has Zenit Saint Petersburg footballer Sardar Azmoun on his agenda. Italian sports director Cristiano Giuntoli has already contacted the Russian team, which rates the Iranian international at € 25M ."

Comment

You can add Navidkia to that list too,
        But tbh Dinmohammadi did quite well playing in 2nd div.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
        Dinmohammadi's career in Germany was short and insignificant. Nothing really came out of it. So that's why I count it as failure.

But yeah, I did not add Navidkia's name in the list intentionally because the poor guy got injured even before he sat foot in Germany. We never know how he would have performed if he didn't get that bad injury. It wouldn't be fair to the guy to put him in the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Navidkia was just horribly injury prone. It wasn't really an ability issue.
          He was so good that Bochum signed him when he was injured!
          Really one of the wasted talents in Iranian football. He could have run our entire midfield for 10 years if he wasn't so unlucky with his injuries. Better than Jabbari or any of the replacements.
          I don't think you can call it being injury prone either. Because he got only one very very bad injury and he suffered his whole career only from that one injury. The poor guy was extremely unlucky. or maybe it was rather the fault of the idiot uneducated Iranian football authorities who let a 21 year old player, play in 5 different competitive tournaments without giving him proper rest!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            https://www.todofichajes.com/el-napo...u-precio-25me/

According to this article, Napoli sporting director Giuntoli has already began contacted zenit and preliminary negotiations have begun. zenit have set price of 25 mil EU.

"The Naples prepares a revolution for the market next summer and now wants to take the break because of the crisis of the Coronavirus to advance work in offices.

According to the information we manage at TodoFichajes, the club chaired by Aurelio De Laurentiis has Zenit Saint Petersburg footballer Sardar Azmoun on his agenda. Italian sports director Cristiano Giuntoli has already contacted the Russian team, which rates the Iranian international at € 25M ."
            Wow...this is getting serious. I hope the deal goes through. According to transfer market, his market value is 18 million!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sardar...spieler/180337

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Wow...this is getting serious. I hope the deal goes through. According to transfer market, his market value is 18 million!

https://www.transfermarkt.com/sardar...spieler/180337
              I think 25 million is a reasonable price for him and I think Napoli are willing to pay that. If you look at the other players they have been linked to in the same price range i.e Jovic, Mateta both have much more questions about them than azmoun. Mateta from Mainz has scored 2 goals this season, Jovic confidence has been shot to bits and he has only scored twice as well. Azmoun is more proven and in better form than these guys, both in long and short term. He has proven himself in RPL, UCL, EL in multiple seasons and international success as well.

The main negotiation points will probably be regarding the structure of the deal : Payments installments, how much up front, how much from performance related bonuses, etc.

Comment

New day, new links:

https://www.calciomercato.it/amp/new....co/lLmvPqpuEl

https://www.spazionapoli.it/2020/03/....co/qBl3Erfzvp

https://www.calcionapoli1926.it/calc...oli-zenit/amp/

This really, really has some basis to it and early in March as well! When was the last time a sporting director (Cristiano Giuntoli) was interested in our players? The chairman be interested as well (Aurelio De Laurentiis)? Or better yet being accurately compared to one of the Italian greats like Alessandro Altobelli rather than some bullshit Messi/Ibrahimovic inaccurate comparison? This team clearly has it planned out for Azmoun. I don’t think he could gotten a better offer than a big club like Napoli which will guarantee him minutes rather than Wolves/Liverpool where he’d be benched.

Comment

If he makes it to Napoli and becomes regular, is he the biggest Legionair ever maybe ?

Comment

Originally posted by Foolad Khuzestan View Post
                    If he makes it to Napoli and becomes regular, is he the biggest Legionair ever maybe ?
                    ali daei???

Comment

He already is our best legionnaire currently, no one plays on a better team than he does.

In my opinion Serie A isn’t too hard of a league and I’m not saying this to belittle/disrespect the league or anything like that. The reason I say this is because our fullback Rahman Rezaei went straight out of 2nd division Iranian football to straight up bossing it in Serie A during a timeline where Italian Football was at its peak. Rahman Rezaei was of course a byproduct of Iranian Football as we all know and went from 2nd division football of Iran (without any 1st division experience) to being labeled as one of the most consistent fullbacks in Serie A. (And if you believe anything I’m saying is controversial, please do call me out on it.)

These are just some of the teams Rahman Rezaei would have faced in the golden era of Serie A or “Le Sette Sorelle

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                        He already is our best legionnaire currently, no one plays on a better team than he does.
                        In my opinion Serie A isn’t too hard of a league and I’m not saying this to belittle/disrespect the league or anything like that. The reason I say this is because our fullback Rahman Rezaei went straight out of 2nd division Iranian football to straight up bossing it in Serie A during a timeline where Italian Football was at its peak. Rahman Rezaei was of course a byproduct of Iranian Football as we all know and went from 2nd division football of Iran (without any 1st division experience) to being labeled as one of the most consistent fullbacks in Serie A. (And if you believe anything I’m saying is controversial, please do call me out on it.)

These are just some of the teams Rahman Rezaei would have faced in the golden era of Serie A or “Le Sette Sorelle
                        I dont really think its that relevant. Thats just one player and 20 years ago as well almost. Napoli could be a very good fit for azmoun for some reasons and not for others.

Pros :
                        - Huge club with massive history, as well as excellent recent history. Beating liverpool (First team to do it this season, back at liverpools peak early-mid season), then drawing them at anfield. Defeating and drawing high flying salzburg, drawing barcelona (should have won) in RO16. Plus many good performances in previous years as well. Very competitve in domestic league, finishing in CL spots for almost last 4 or 5 years, pushing Juve in title race multiple times.
                        - Great track record of taking players in Azmouns category (younger but with experience, talented but not quite at top class level) and developing them into superstars.
                        Examples :
                        Koulibaly : Came from Genk for under 10 mil EU I believe. Now one of top 5 CBs in the world without a question
                        Fabian Ruiz : Came from Betis as exciting but inconsistent talent, now regular fixture in Spain squad with Real, Barca, and Liverpool all in line to buy him for around 80 mil EU
                        Zielinski : Came from Empoli, smaller italian team, is now one of the most dynamic young mids in europe.
                        Allan : Came from udinese, became one of best CDMs in Italy and in Europe statistically.
                        Jorginho : came from Verona for nominal sum, sold to Chelsea for 60 mil EU two summers ago, one of the best registas in world right now.
                        Mertens : Came from PSV as young winger, became one of the best goal scorers in italy and regular for the best Belgium side in history.
                        Other examples include Insigne who came from pescara as a youngster, Elif Elmas who came from Fener this summer but already amassed 23 appearances.
                        -Quality teammates in midfield, wings so he will get good service.
                        - Lack of any real CF competition on his level as Milik and Llorente will be sold this summer making room for azmoun. Petagna may come in as well but he is not on azmouns level and will provide a more physical option/long ball for plan B off bench.

Potential Cons :
                        - Uncertainty surrounding future of team. This season squad has been in crisis until arrival of gattuso, despite managing some good one off results with ancelotti. To stabilize team gattuso has been more defensive, although still playing some good football. Its hard to say what direction team will go next season. Will also depend on transfer situation. A lot of this current team may be broken up. While Zielinski, Elmas, Insigne, Manolas, Politano,Demme, Mertens etc will form new nucleus of the world class players in the team like Koulibaly, Fabian Ruiz , and Allan may be sold for huge sums of money.

- Gattuso. He is an excellent motivator who may get best out of azmoun and propel him to new level. He also may not be satisfied if he is not doing certain things correctly and totally discard him like he did with record signing Lozano, mexican winger from PSV.

- Serie A is more tactical and defensive still, despite teams opening up a bit more. Defenses usually play 5 at the back, will not be open fast paced football like Germany or EPL, so less chances for sardar.

Overall given situation, azmouns profile, other potntial suitors, the pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. He can go to a top european with huge history and track record of getting players to world class level and be VERY competitive both domestically and in europe, and can do while being the star player up front. Not many teams with napolis profile can offer such a position to azmoun (number 1 CF) immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          I dont really think its that relevant. Thats just one player and 20 years ago as well almost.
                          I know, I know. My point in general was to emphasize Rahman Rezaei’s impressive “consistency” and that the level of Serie A was higher back then than it is now especially with that infamous AC Milan team who had the likes Maldini, Cafu, Inzaghi, etc... Disappointing we never saw a player in Serie A in the past 20 years or so.

Someone was mentioning Tomiyasu preforming/being a starter for Bologna in this thread, my counter example is Rahman Rezaei. Tomiyasu went from a Belgium to a stable Bologna side. Rahman Rezaei went from 2nd division football to Serie A than to Serie B to help his team get promoted to Serie A. Once again, this was at a time where Italian football was at a peak, I doubt Tomiyasu could replicate that in the context all this.

There is more postivity than negativity to make Azmoun to Napoli "World Class" and justifiable move which I personally hope truly happens, because the man deserves it!

Comment

Karimi to Bayern, Daei to Bayern.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              because our fullback Rahman Rezaei went straight out of 2nd division Iranian football to straight up bossing it in Serie A during a timeline where Italian Football was at its peak. Rahman Rezaei was of course a byproduct of Iranian Football as we all know and went from 2nd division football of Iran (without any 1st division experience) to being labeled as one of the most consistent fullbacks in Serie A. (And if you believe anything I’m saying is controversial, please do call me out on it.)
                              What you are saying is controversial because your facts are wrong dude. Rahman Rezaei was playing in PGL (Zobahan) and in TM before he went to Serie A. The reason Perugia got him to begin with, was his great performances for TM and Zobahan up until then.

Also I have to add, Serie A is a dream for a defender when the whole league's mentality is defense. Specially when you play in a smaller team and many players support you in the defense line. Rahman Rezaei would have had a much much tougher time in an attacking minded league, where not lots of players support each other in defense. More mistakes would turn out from him then, a la TM in Blazevic's time.

Azmoun though, as a striker, will have a much tougher time in Serie A. If he can crack that nut, it will be great for his career. He needs to show he's up for the challenge.

Comment

Karimi to Bayern, Daei to Bayern.
                                But they weren't starters, I mean if Azmoun goes to Napoli and lets say plays 30 games in 1 year and scores 15-20 goals he may become the biggest legionair ever

Comment

Working...
                                X