Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he is very active so he gets alot of chances. To me he is very similar to Luis Suarez. Hard working and always harrasing defenders!

He has overall good all around abilities but other then heading he doesn't have a world class ability.

He keeps this up we should get a POTW card soon enough in PES with him! Wouldn't mind adding him to myclub team.

Comment

Everyone wrote this guy off for his lack of goals in the past couple of seasons. I've always maintained his goal-scoring record for Iran was legit but he needed to be doing it at club level to warrant a move to a top league. Obviously, his finishing needs work but his positional game is excellent. His early form with Zenit just emphasises what many of us have said all along, he should have left Rubin/Berdyev much earlier but we don't know what politics was going on there, so let's just be grateful he's free and playing at a club that believe in attacking football.

Inevitably, now he's banging in the goals, we're talking about his next move - which should obviously be out of Russia. In season's past he's been linked with many top European clubs, where he would have likely sat at the bottom of the pecking order so, who knows, maybe he's seen more game time under Berdyev than had those moves ever come to fruition. I still would have loved to see him at Liverpool and believe he would have made an understudy spot to Firmino his own and really developed into a nice player under Klopp but, while I don't expect him to ever reach those dizzy heights, stranger things have happened.

While I doubt Zenit will be looking to sell him anytime soon, if for whatever reason they did want to cash in on him, they should be able to at least double their money (£25m+, especially if he is top goalscorer) and these are the clubs I expect to see chasing his signature:

Wolves - the most recent team he was rumoured to join this winter before his Zenit transfer. They have now signed Jimenez permanently and he will be the main striker there next season again but Azmoun could provide welcome competition. They will be in the market given that Cavaleiro is pretty unfancied and Bonatini's loan to Ansarifard's Nottingham Forest suggests he might be on his way out on the summer.

Leicester City - Brendan Rodgers has gone on record to say he needs more support for Vardy (aged 32). Kelechi Iheanacho just hasn't been good enough when he's been called upon. Callum Wilson, Aleksander Mitrovic and Daniel Sturridge have been rumoured in recent weeks but if Iranian transfer obsessives HITC are right in serially reporting on Brendan Rodgers' interest in Azmoun when he was Celtic manager, he may be on the shopping list this summer.

Everton - Their owner is Iranian, he's tried to sign Azmoun before and they desperately need a striker to add to the goals that come from Sigurdsson and Richarlison. Cenk Tosun is a dud and Calvert-Lewin is still unproven. If Azmoun bags a few more for Zenit this seaons, don't be surprised if Moshiri orders Marco Silva to sign Azmoun.

Lazio - we know their sporting director has a crush on Azmoun and every window they seem to be in the market for a striker. Ciro Immobile leads the line with Felipe Caicedo (the man who Lazio turned to once it became clear they weren't prepared to pay Azmoun's asking price a few season ago) as the only other recognised striker - he's come off the bench as many times as he has started and is hardly prolific (think Azmoun at Rubin). British teams usually have the funds due to the abundance of TV money where as the continental clubs, Lazio would probably need to sell Milinkovic-Savic to free up funds to go shopping this summer.

Benfica - arguably the Portuguese league is a lateral move to the Russian league but Benfica supposedly showed an interest in Azmoun a few summers ago and with Joao Felix rumoured to be on several top clubs radar for a big money move this summer, they will have the funds and the need to bolster their forward line.

A few Premier League clubs in there as by his own admission, that's where he wants to be playing.

I'd like to see him have a full season at Zenit as I think he's in the right place to carry on developing into a top striker and, if he has a big season next season and scores a few Champions League goals, his next move could be a big one. These are big ifs but with a prolific full season under his belt, in a year he could easily find himself as back up to the likes of Kane at Spurs, Higuain at Chelsea, Lewandowski at Bayern or even replace Mertens at Napoli or Loic Remy at Lille.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Azmoun scores a beautiful one-time goal but disallowed due to a foul on Dzyuba. It wasn't a foul.
        A lot of good strikers miss good opportunities, no one has a 100% goal rate, even on so-called easy chances.

Either way, he was robbed of another goal. He scored it, but they called a foul, which wasn't a foul, on his teammate.

Comment

Fun fact: Sardar’s goal today (2’) was Zenit’s quickest goal this season!

Comment

Sardar's current situation is a perfect example of how one can go from "zero" to "hero" in the eyes of many.

He was harshly criticized after his world cup performance. The fans that have a deeper understanding of soccer, realize that most players are only as good as the environment allows them to be. Good job Sardar!

Comment

The analogy to Suarez is a great one in my opinion. Lots of great movement off the ball and top class instinct, which leads to higher than average chance creation but at the same time more chances = more misses even if you have a decent conversion rate.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                The analogy to Suarez is a great one in my opinion. Lots of great movement off the ball and top class instinct, which leads to higher than average chance creation but at the same time more chances = more misses even if you have a decent conversion rate.
                Definitely although Azmoun does go about it differently. Suarez is like a shark with how he tries to snipe the ball for himself but Azmoun is like a Bear.. he chases until they get tired or physically exhausted. His goal and assist versus China are perfect examples of this.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                  Yes, also Aguero although is style is different from Azmoun is notorious for missing chances but is still the top scorer of the EPL!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sardar makes RPL team of the week

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                      Sardar makes RPL team of the week

driussi 10.0 😮

Comment

The kid has the talent to be a top striker in the world. Too bad the motivation is not at it best. He is by far the most talented striker Iran ever had.

Comment

zenit are 6 points ahead of 2nd place lokomotiv
                          -they've had 5 losses in RPL this season, 3 of them back to back losses to rubin kazan, lokomotiv and arsenal tula (funny name arsenal tuna 😂) which all belong to before when azmoun joined zenit.

CSKA have quality players, why are they 4th place ?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                            driussi 10.0 😮
                            I didn't watch the game - Did he actually play that amazingly all game?

I ask because his 2 goals came in the dying minutes when the game was already decided. He wouldn't deserve a better rating than azmoun for scoring 2 meaningless goals in the dying minutes, unless he played amazingly all game.

Can anyone confirm this?

Comment

Hello, friends! Anyone know the further fate of the Iranian cute beauties Elnaz Golrokh? The last thing that was in the media, is that her husband and she were arrested for "Western lifestyle" and demonstration in instagram open body and head. Awarded 6 months probation and 91 lashes, but released on bail, after which Elnaz and her husband fled to Dubai. Here it is on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdkBOFi9MMc
                              Unearthly beauty.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKd0N0ASOmE

Comment

Plastic surgery = unearthy beauty?

Comment

Working...
                                X