This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    I think he has been one of the most important reasons Sardar has thrived at Zenit. Dzyuba showed no ego when Zenit bought Sardar. And he has been a great supplemental player, has great vision, and has been feeding Sardar great balls from day 1.
    agree to the bold ..! but mostly because he is big, strong target and holds the ball up well and attracts some of defenders to himself which allows for space for Sardar to expose offensively..! DZ's combination play is still TooSlow and not as clever as that of Azmoun's and often slows or totally kills swift counters..! also its more often Sardar goes outa his way to feed him with quality though or forward passes than the other way around, imo..!

Comment

Berdyev really stagnated Azmoun's career.....

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
        Berdyev really stagnated Azmoun's career.....
        Took him to Russia, gave him chance to shine, took him to Rostov, played him in Champions L. I dont see how Berdyev stagnated his carrier. Its not like we have many Iranians playing in Europe, we should be thankfull to those who went and those people and teams who agreed to take them. Remember Saeid also went to Rostov and did pretty well under Berdyev . Hope Shekari can do the same

Comment

Originally posted by Golefarsi View Post
          Took him to Russia, gave him chance to shine, took him to Rostov, played him in Champions L. I dont see how Berdyev stagnated his carrier. Its not like we have many Iranians playing in Europe, we should be thankfull to those who went and those people and teams who agreed to take them. Remember Saeid also went to Rostov and did pretty well under Berdyev . Hope Shekari can do the same
          He slowed down his progress, Azmoun should have moved from Rostov to Zenit. By now he should have been playing in top leagues, the season and half extra in Kazan was a pure waste of time! Azmoun shows with a decent service he can net as a decent goal scorer, he was getting no service in Kazan, or at some extend even in Rostov!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
              Haha good catch, good catch. That line is a little over the board, especially for a footballer, and particularly as a permanent tattoo
              he is a sweetheart.

Comment

Originally posted by daggerhashimoto View Post
                he is a sweetheart.
                Yes, he is a sweetheart, sensitive, energetic, positive and that's why he has so many koshteh mordehs.
                His tattoo is jigar too...
                Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Sardar can bridge this gap...

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Sardar can bridge this gap...

it's worth noting he didn't even have a full season. he missed the first few games

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        He slowed down his progress, Azmoun should have moved from Rostov to Zenit. By now he should have been playing in top leagues, the season and half extra in Kazan was a pure waste of time! Azmoun shows with a decent service he can net as a decent goal scorer, he was getting no service in Kazan, or at some extend even in Rostov!
                        That assumes his development is directly linked to his goal tally. I really think there's a strong argument for those shitty seasons teaching him a lot and allowing him to grow in a better manner than were he at a top club with the constant pressure of having to work his bollocks of for a few minutes of playing time every now and then. He could just easily have been snapped up by a top side after that Rostov CL season, struggled and found himself discarded back to Zenit or probably a lower quality side. I know which scenario I would prefer, his career trajectory currently looks superb, he doesn't need to be doing Mbappe style miracles.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          That assumes his development is directly linked to his goal tally. I really think there's a strong argument for those shitty seasons teaching him a lot and allowing him to grow in a better manner than were he at a top club with the constant pressure of having to work his bollocks of for a few minutes of playing time every now and then. He could just easily have been snapped up by a top side after that Rostov CL season, struggled and found himself discarded back to Zenit or probably a lower quality side. I know which scenario I would prefer, his career trajectory currently looks superb, he doesn't need to be doing Mbappe style miracles.
                          No Doubt that Overall Berdiyev has played the most pivotal role in developing Sardar's footballing career..! however he has also played a big role in stagnating it more recently after his Rostov spell..!!
                          if you recall, back then Birdman essentially used Azmoun (His Golden Son) as a huge Bargaining Chip to force himself back in helm of Kazan a couple of years after being unceremoniously dumped by the Kazan mgmt ..!
                          he almost single-handily blocked Sardar's move to Lazio by being too difficult and greedy on the transfer-fee negotiations and as we all noticed ended up selling him to Zenit this year for 3-5mil less than those reported offers of Lazio..!
                          back then many of us disappointed fans from that blocked move took consolation in silly notion that him staying in the familiar settings of RPL for at least another year and probably leaving after a successful display @WC, was not such a bad thing either..!!
                          but as we all witnessed he ended up seeming sorta outa fitness and form? and culminated in Sardar laying an egg @ WC, (the Tournament which was supposed to be the pinnacle of his young career and the event which was expected to catapult him to the top echelons of club football) not to mention him letting down millions of TM fans who had pinned much of their successful WC run on him being ready and primed to perform at his peak ..!! add to that his wanking out and quitting antics in social media after clearly failing to live up to his billing at the WC..!
                          the rest is history and recent enough that everyone should remember..!
                          Last edited by BacheLot; 04-26-2019, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Sardar became a different player after the world cup. The criticism he received really helped him.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

ghorban berydev is not a bad man like some of you always try to make him out to be and in fact, we should all appreciate him for being one of the few coaches in a respectable league who looks at irans talent pool.

you can be mad at him for holding onto sardar for too long thats fine, but what else would you expect a manager to do? not try to hold onto his best players? what the hell kind of a coach would he be if he didnt?

i do not like his tactics or his style and as an iranian football fan, I was annoyed too but I can acknowledge where my annoyance comes from unlike many here.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Azmoun's knock from the last match was minor and he has returned to training:

"During the open training session of Zenit , before the game with Wings of the Soviets , midfielder Magomed Ozdoyev , defender Yuri Zhirkov and forward Serdar Azmun worked in the general group. Recall that after the game with Dynamo , all three were damaged."

https://news.sportbox.ru/Vidy_sporta..._gruppe_Zenita

Comment

Working...
                                X