No announcement yet.

Top Coaches Available - Right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ was a manager that whenever he walked into a room, he got respect. His players had the ultimate respect and didn't any foolish BS around him..
    To most players, he was like a 2nd father figure to them. If we can find a manager with those traits, then I am on board

Comment

Outside the names (most of them impossible) it is better to see WHAT STYLE OF FOOTBALL do we WANT (or need to cover our lacks) at this moment, nand according to that, search for a coach with that mindset.

I would say such characteristics are vital, wthout which whoever the coach, is to be ignored/ruled out.

1- AMBITIOUS (extremely important and #1 criteria)
      2- one who is good in mind-games (that we need in asia)
      3- modern attacking style of football, with emphasis on teamwork, rathe than individuals
      4- someone with strong authoritative nature, who doesnt bend to regime's and IFF pressure. also someone who'd command respect of players

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        Outside the names (most of them impossible) it is better to see WHAT STYLE OF FOOTBALL do we WANT (or need to cover our lacks) at this moment, nand according to that, search for a coach with that mindset.

I would say such characteristics are vital, wthout which whoever the coach, is to be ignored/ruled out.

1- AMBITIOUS (extremely important and #1 criteria)
        2- one who is good in mind-games (that we need in asia)
        3- modern attacking style of football, with emphasis on teamwork, rathe than individuals
        4- someone with strong authoritative nature, who doesnt bend to regime's and IFF pressure. also someone who'd command respect of players

You just described CQ.

Comment

^^ clearly 1 and 3 dont apply to CQ. CQ ambitious? LOOOOL Attacking?! okie dokie...

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
            You just described CQ.
            Only #2 & 4 apply to him.

and why not. Let us continue his positive impact and carry it over to the next avatar of TM.
            It is foolish to deny he has had quite an impact on TM that we need to maintain

But #1 & 3 are what we need atm.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
              ^^ clearly 1 and 3 dont apply to CQ. CQ ambitious? LOOOOL Attacking?! okie dokie...
              Why is he not ambitious? Just because he doesn't play attacking football? LOL he played the best type of football possible to get the best results possible which = ABSOLUTELY AMBITIOUS

+ he did get the best results out of any coaches we've ever had, and we performed better against tough European teams than under any previous coach

You guys can easily get your wish for an attacking coach but it takes YEARS, LIKE 10 - 20 YEARS of consistency, proper support, and proper funding to become this perfect team you're looking for.
              This perfect team that can play great attacking football, play beautiful possession football, and defend amazingly at the same time.

We have to be realistic - This consistency is impossible with the way things are currently set up in Iran right now - IMPOSSIBLE

Even when you look at Germany - who has everything set up (economically, politically, socially, financially) perfectly - It still took them 20+ YEARS to become strong in every area of the pitch. Meaning they last won the World cup in 1990, and didn't stand a chance again until at least 2010.
              • They made the final in 2002 but really they just had an easier path to the final and never stood a chance of winning (they improved greatly in offence, but their defending was still too weak, and they were punished when they finally faced a super power in the final: Brazil)
              • In 2006 they made the Semis but still not strong enough defensively and deservedly lost to Italy.
              • In 2010 they were finally getting there, and barely lost out to Spain - so perhaps you can say they finally became strong in all areas at this time: 20 years after the last time they were world cup contenders.
              • 2014 - finally won it

If it takes Germany 20+ to finally improve all areas of their team and become competitive, what makes you think Iran can achieve this with:
              1. ZERO support from our federation
              2. ZERO funding for our team
              3. No organization, no good friendlies
              4. a ton of internal issues that will not go away magically, regardless of who becomes TM coach

Anyone can come in and decide to play attacking football with Iran - but then you'll get to see more matches like: Angola 1 Iran 1 / Mexico 3 Iran 1 / Jordan 3 Iran 2

What's more important, your level of entertainment while you watch on television, or the ACTUAL RESULTS that TM achieves?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                The guy fought for his players, I don't think he will say bad thing in order to help his former players
                That's also possible but I don't think he'll want to ruin his credibility by leaving out huge issues that exist when coaching TM, if another coach is asking.

Comment

what about Julen Lopetegui? The former Spain and Real Madrid coach? Would he come to Iran?
                  sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
                  >-----------------<
                  Marg bar dictator
                  >-----------------<

Comment

I feel I shd have explained the term "ambitious" as it seems to have confused some.
                    I didn't say ambitious by way of attacking style of football. I meant an ambitious character, seeking recognition and proving himself.

CQ had already proven himself. yes, he certainly wanted to be seen as a successful coach. That is normal, but not the kind of ambition I'm talking about.

in MY opinion, a coach who wants to make a name for himself or prove something is an ambitious one. So a lesser known intelligent coach who wants to step into bigger shoes.
                    which means he'd be ready to step out of his comfort zone (something CQ rarely did) just to have a chance at making a splash
                    And given our shortage of funds (as I always say, terrorism and drug trafficking need money), then it'd be wise to look for such a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      CQ was a manager that whenever he walked into a room, he got respect. His players had the ultimate respect and didn't any foolish BS around him..
                      To most players, he was like a 2nd father figure to them. If we can find a manager with those traits, then I am on board
                      Agreed. And just to add: that respect was EARNED, through dedication, hard work. experience, humility, pride, and love.

Comment

There also need to be a balance between the TYPES of character:

1- one is the established, already famous, respected type like CQ, who command the locker room, get the respect of all almost immediately.
                        and
                        2- the other is the newer, younger ones who are more modern in thinking, more ambitious and if wise enough, develop a different connection with the players like friendship (different from typical older coaches)

both types have their pros and cons.
                        you could be type 1, but your drive and zeal in pushing YOURSELF (not just the team) is more limited.
                        or you could be type 2 and have that drive, but fail to command the room after a couple of screw ups.

very delicate balance that makes picking a successful coach very difficult as it is, for any normal nation.
                        us? it's like finding a golden-egg laying, disco dancing unicorn with affinity for masochism!

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          There also need to be a balance between the TYPES of character:

1- one is the established, already famous, respected type like CQ, who command the locker room, get the respect of all almost immediately.
                          and
                          2- the other is the newer, younger ones who are more modern in thinking, more ambitious and if wise enough, develop a different connection with the players like friendship (different from typical older coaches)

!
                          I agree with all your post in a Utopian world, but we've got to be pragmatists here. Queiroz approached the Iranian national team from a pragmatic perspective, aiming for the most he could achieve in the context of the BS around him. Having a younger ambitious coach with a gameplan whether attacking or defensive (eg Pochettino or Tuchel) may work wonders in a place which has an infrastructure (both economic and societal) but not in IR Iran. From what the players said, he was like a father figure as well as a friend. But if we think of the hypothetical young modern coach who is "one of them" and has his own ideas, I am not sure he would survive a year in Iran,

I genuinely believe that, within the context of the Islamic Republic of Iran and the layers and layers of politics and bullshit, Queiroz was the most ambitious we could have Remember, this is the guy who encouraged Cristiano Ronaldo to free himself at Man United and SAF credits with building that exciting side of the 2000s. He had to fit the project to the place. For Iran, I believe he did a number of things which were ambitious:

- Using his charisma and clout to get our foreign born and raised players into the national team (Dejagah, Ghoddos, Gucci etc...) and more importantly, opening the doors for all players
                          - Fighting for and securing at least the beginning of some infrastructure with pitches, training facilities, camps etc....
                          Playing with a phalanx like formation in the World Cup might not have excited people who were used to deimi football and mazy runs with no end-product, but certainly excited football pundits who saw Iran as one of the most modern sides in the international game. I consider this ambitious in the context of a nation which never played in such a disciplined way before.

--------------------------------------

Comment

^ I totally agree that infrastructure is a critical factor.
                            so is having ppl with at least ONE grey cell in their skull at IFF and higher ups.
                            both of which we dont have, atm.

yes, CQ may have been the best we COULD AFFORD or WILLING to face the truckload of crap we throw at any coach in Iran.
                            But I just cant say he was ambitious enough.
                            he was hard working, wiley, wise, cunning, methodical, disciplined, forgiving, masterful in his particular strategy, … (we'd be lucky if we got someone with half of these characteristics this time, btw).
                            But I just cant be satisfied with his level of ambition.

does that mean I think he a bad coach or not one of the top coaches EVER to grace TM? No.

It's just a matter subjective view.

Comment

Did they already find someone? What happend with Bert van Marwijk? When Bert will travell to Tehran Iran?

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
                                Did they already find someone? What happend with Bert van Marwijk? When Bert will travell to Tehran Iran?
                                The news regard Bert Van Marwijk were rumor. No one knows what is in IFF's mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X