Top Coaches Available - Right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Why would it be more difficult to hire a good coach now than in 2011 when you hired a coach of the caliber of CQ?
    in 2011:
    - we were fking disappointing in WC06, missed the last WC (2010) and were eliminated in QF of last asian cup. Now we participated to 2 WC back to back (2014 &2018) where we showed our quality in front of the world. We just eliminated in semi final of last asian cup.
    - we had almost no legionnaire. Now we have much more legionnaire in Europe, and our U17 were quarter finalist of the last WC.
    - I don't remember any friendlies in 2011 except crap like Kuwait and such. Recently we played against Turkey, Russia, Venezuela (x2), Tunisia, Algeria, Montenegro, Bolivia.
    - AN was president, now we have Rouhani (which is better seen by the world than AN).
    - we were under sanctions of the whole world : US, UE, UN. Now we are under US sanctions.
    I reckon US imposing Visa for those that visited Iran can be a strong setback. But it seems a high profile like CQ could manage it.
    I don’t disagree with you and hope you’re right. But you also have to look at the issues that CQ brought up before his departure:

1. IFF does not support TM
    2. The coach has to pay out of his pocket for team travels
    3. We required QATAR to fund our Asian Cup prep
    4. Team and coaching salaries were perpetually late
    5. TM funds earned from WC were spent elsewhere

While Iran football is clearly better now than 8 years ago, it was done IN SPITE of all the challenges. It would take not only a good coach, but also a strong advocate/diplomat/negotiator to take TM to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarbaze-Vatan View Post
      Will you be satisfied with Paul Le Guen or Michael Laudrup?
      where you come up with these names?are they even 2nd rate european coaches?

Comment

There are many coaches out there. Many! Possibilities are endless. What we must fix is people from the inside putting their own egos ahead of TM and the country. The vazir of tarbiat badani should be called to majlis along with taj and questioned on whether support was pulled from TM due to not favoring CQ as the coach. If this is true there should be some serious repercussions with the person not being able to get any other important posts. He betrayed the country and wasted our 8 years of investment.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
          There are many coaches out there. Many! Possibilities are endless. What we must fix is people from the inside putting their own egos ahead of TM and the country. The vazir of tarbiat badani should be called to majlis along with taj and questioned on whether support was pulled from TM due to not favoring CQ as the coach. If this is true there should be some serious repercussions with the person not being able to get any other important posts. He betrayed the country and wasted our 8 years of investment.
          I think you seriously overestimate what goodwill the majlis has and underestimate how much of a role they might have had in directing vazir tarbiat badani to do so!

Comment

Mircea Lucescu, just fired from Turkey NT. Ex-coach of Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit, Inter, etc..
            https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...emercie/987838

Could be a reasonnable option.

D. Advocaat could also be a good option but he is coach of a small club currently and is the twin brother of Pompeo

Comment

Emirates want Van Marwijk as national coach

It is mean that Van Marwijk will not coming to Iran? I think at the end will end up with Iranian Fatan coach

Comment

May I suggest....Jose Pekerman

A nice swap with Colombia
                EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                  May I suggest....Jose Pekerman
                  A nice swap with Colombia
                  LOL all it'll take is a 5 minute discussion with Carlos Queiroz, and he'll gladly avoid coaching Iran.

This is actually one thing that may be concerning for us: CQ coached Iran for 8 years, and is well known in world football.
                  I'd be surprised if any coach approached by IFF didn't consult with CQ and get his opinion before deciding whether to coach TM.

After what happened, and if some morons legitimately stopped IFF from extending CQ's contract, he is probably so fed up and has such a bad taste left in his mouth, he'll barely have anything good to say about coaching Iran.

I'm sure he'll have all sorts of positive things to say about our players and our people, but a coach looking from the outside is only going to care about the state of football affairs and organization of the federation, which is horrific in Iran!

I hope i'm wrong, but this is why i have a strong feeling we're going to get another 3rd rate coach of the same quality as Branko, or even worse, and Iranian coach.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                    LOL all it'll take is a 5 minute discussion with Carlos Queiroz, and he'll gladly avoid coaching Iran.

This is actually one thing that may be concerning for us: CQ coached Iran for 8 years, and is well known in world football.
                    I'd be surprised if any coach approached by IFF didn't consult with CQ and get his opinion before deciding whether to coach TM.

After what happened, and if some morons legitimately stopped IFF from extending CQ's contract, he is probably so fed up and has such a bad taste left in his mouth, he'll barely have anything good to say about coaching Iran.

I'm sure he'll have all sorts of positive things to say about our players and our people, but a coach looking from the outside is only going to care about the state of football affairs and organization of the federation, which is horrific in Iran!

I hope i'm wrong, but this is why i have a strong feeling we're going to get another 3rd rate coach of the same quality as Branko, or even worse, and Iranian coach.
                    The guy fought for his players, I don't think he will say bad thing in order to help his former players

Comment

why is khabaronline typing shit news that branko might become coach or something in those forms.. if he becomes the nt coach i will stop following tm untill that fucker is out of tm

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        The guy fought for his players, I don't think he will say bad thing in order to help his former players
                        Taarof nadaran.He has moved on, don't expect too much.
                        Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                          why is khabaronline typing shit news that branko might become coach or something in those forms.. if he becomes the nt coach i will stop following tm untill that fucker is out of tm
                          He wouldn't be too bad for this phase. At least at the beginning stage he has support of many elements in the media and behind-the-scenes in Iran. Plus he has a decent overall win rate for Team Melli (as per the full national games on teammelli.com where he was head coach. he has a win ratio of 58.9% (P56 W33 D14 L9) which puts him just over 1% less than CQ)

From another viewpoint, it would be good to have a "scorched earth" policy to rid the poisonous elements in the media, perhaps giving them what they want would be a decent thing in the long term.

If we don't go for a vatani coach in the interim, these are the coaches who don't have a club at the moment but I don't really think any of these would fit TM and be affordable at the moment:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/traine...iner/statistik

I have a feeling our next coach will be completely out of left-field...

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
                            where you come up with these names?are they even 2nd rate european coaches?
                            IFF cannot pay to the next coach what they paid to CQ. The next coach will most likely be a cheaper foreign coach.

Comment

If IFF love Croatians so much, then they might as well not waste our time and sign Slaven Bilic. He is 100% my first choice realistic coach there is. His personality is VERY similar to the one of CQ; stubborn, and a leader.

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
                                If they do not reach agreement with a decent foreign coach outside Iran and go with an IPL coach due to that reason, then Branko Ivankovic is the most qualified IPL coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X