Time to build for WC 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to build for WC 2022

with CQ now resigning, it is time to get in a new manager asap and build for the next World Cup, we have 3 years for a new manager to come in and implement his ways.

The majority of our squad is young and will feature at the next world cup, should we get there, but there are some players that need to retire immediately and allow the new players come in and gel and play with each other as much as possible.

PLayers that need to retire:

Dejagah (arguably our best player this tournament but he wont be good enough in 3 years time so no need for him to feature in the next year or so)
    Shojaei (his days are over)
    Hajsafi (dont need him at left back and centre mid he isn good enough and certainly wont be in 3 years time)
    Ebrahimi (wont be able to perform like he done in the last 2 tournaments in 3 years time)
    Ansarifard
    Montazeri

We DESPERATELY need so find some centre midfielders, if the above retire (as they should), who do we actually have in centre mid who is actually decent?!? only Ezzatolahi comes to mind...

Man idk about you but I can’t even think of this right now. I wanted this Asian cup so badly, I don’t know if it’s ever meant to be

Comment

if we cant get a top A level european coach, we wont qualify for wc.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        if we cant get a top A level european coach, we wont qualify for wc.
        Problem solved.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Carlos Quriouz time is over! But don't be sad maybe he would return after World Cup 2022.

We had to choice a better coach. I still believe that it was better for us that Carlos Quriouz would stay until World Cup 2022 he's 3th World Cup would meany a real second round into the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by shahabGAOL View Post
            Carlos Quriouz time is over! But don't be sad maybe he would return after World Cup 2022.
            We had to choice a better coach. I still believe that it was better for us that Carlos Quriouz would stay until World Cup 2022 he's 3th World Cup would meany a real second round into the World Cup
            If ONLY he stayed! I can't believe they messed this up so bad, and he wanted to stay!

If Carlos Queiroz stayed, I would have been SUPER confident in us going to the round of 16 in 2022, as long as we didn't get the group of death!

I bet if we made round of 16 with CQ, a ton of people would be saying "well he had 12 years with the team, and he finally got us to round of 16. Other coaches could have done that" - lol

Comment

Iran need some veteran's presence, you can't get rid of all of them at the same time, Shojaei, Montazeri and at some extend Dejagah are done but Ebrahimi, Ansarifard, Hajsafi can still be around for few years. Won't be surprised to see Hajasafi make 2022 squad, he will be 32.

Comment

Working...
              X