Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Team Melli Coaching Search Begins ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
    Big names such as Jose or Zidane won't last long in Iran and can't deal with the shitty situation of our country, specially Mourinho lol. i will be happy if someone like Renard is appointed as the head coach.
    Agreed - that's why I thought someone like Wagner would be better long term. Or Renard even better, if either of them can put up with having to work with/in Iran.

We seem to forget that due to the shitty situation, if a big name wants to work in Iran the only way to entice them is big money. Like all other goods in Iran, you need to put a 1.5x to 2x multiplier against normal international prices!

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
      Dude, the comparisons are limping, we can not compare us with Japan, Japan is superior to us in every aspect and they have been for a long time, that does not even have anything to do with the revolution.
      The entire Islamic world has been struggling for centuries and that's what we also belong to.
      Already 200 years ago, Japan was structurally ahead of us, already at that time over 80% of the people could read and write, a value that Iran reached in 1986!
      Japan was a country that transformed the society through a cultural revolution and authoritarianism under Meiji under a clear, brutal and aggressive plan.
      These are steps Iran has never taken and it is getting harder. Even after the war, the Japanese have left nothing to shikami plans, they have developed kaizen, a full-fledged system to control people collectively, whether that's positive or negative, but societies like Japan, Korea and even China sacrifice collectively for a higher goal, while we are always on our own merit, everybody for himself, as in a Royal Rumble.
      Do not get me wrong, that does not mean that this collectivism of the East Asians must necessarily be a model, but they are socially and structurally far superior and not since yesterday, but for centuries!
      If you want to use Japanese systems in Iran it won't work, because we are not a collectivistic society, we won't work in such systems.
      Excellent post!
      I would add that compared to East-Asian mentality we lack the work-ethic, discipline and a vision for the future. We have a very young generation, yet
      our country is dead and full of depression. People listen music like Dariush and other sad-song and fall into fantasies/ unfulfilled love visions etc. Modern Persian music is like a parasite which suck all the fresh blood from our youth by all dis depressed and ill-making lyrics. (Not to speak about the high percentage of drug addicted people who lost any hope for reality)
      East-Asian emphasis for collective effort ,which is deeply rooted in Confucianism/Buddhism, gave this societies values ( i dont want to debate if they are good or bad), which are our values? Where are the classical Triad of Zoroaster? Where is Zoroasters Optimism and Work-Ethic!? The Pragmatism of Saadi? We lost our connection to our own roots-culture and therefore lack any identity.
      As if this is not bad enough i observed how our culture lacks the masculinity. (just listen to the voice of Persian singer, or their fetish for Nose-Jobs and Materialism)

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
        Big names such as Jose or Zidane won't last long in Iran and can't deal with the shitty situation of our country, specially Mourinho lol. i will be happy if someone like Renard is appointed as the head coach. Plus i highly doubt Zidane wants to get a national team job at this stage of his career and if yes, it for sure won't be Iran, he will go after a much bigger name.
        Also, national team football is high stakes, but very slow. Guys like Zidane want to be busy every day, not just a few days (or at most a few weeks) every few months.

Plus a guy like Zidane doesn't build teams. He is all about controlling egos and motivating. That's why he does well in superstar teams. He has charisma and leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by ashimashi View Post
          Agreed - that's why I thought someone like Wagner would be better long term. Or Renard even better, if either of them can put up with having to work with/in Iran.

We seem to forget that due to the shitty situation, if a big name wants to work in Iran the only way to entice them is big money. Like all other goods in Iran, you need to put a 1.5x to 2x multiplier against normal international prices!
          Wagner would never work if only because I doubt our players and federation would agree to listen to an American.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

and btw, forget about Klinsi, amazing player, a real joke as the head coach.

Comment

You guys are nuts if you think we'll get another good coach. We can choose between Krancjar and Denizli at best.

Comment

Iranian football fans anticipation and expectations of a coach never ceases to amaze me. When We had "shitty" coaches like MK, GN, Ghotbi and "Brangoh", fans on this site used to say only if we had a "good coach", we would win this and win that!! only if!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well, we had the good coach. we had a world class coach. for 8 years. but still no better result than before. now this god is gone and the next god will come and we'll see where that takes us. but I am not holding my breath!!!!!

If hiring expensive world class coaches was the solution, KSA would have already won the world Cup. You want to improve your football, improve from ground up. if you are driving on a shitty road with lots of potholes, it doesn't matter what kind of car you are driving, the ride is going to be bumpy!!!

You want to win the cup and be a regular powerhouse, go fix your leagues, privatize football, and let people who know something about football to run it.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                  You guys are nuts if you think we'll get another good coach. We can choose between Krancjar and Denizli at best.
                  No one believes CQ would come to Iran in the first place. Taj is savvy give him a chance. We might all be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Honestly, if Felix Bas manages to beat Japan in the final and win the Asian Cup with a bunch of amateur grass-rollers who lost all their 3 matches in the last tournament and finished at the bottom of the 2018 WCQ group, imagine what he can do with our level of talent.

His preferred style is 4-2-3-1 so it's not a major change for TM, I highly doubt his contract is in the millions and he's already familiar with Asian football which is what we need for the upcoming WC qualifiers.

The only issue is if Qatar will let him go but as they say money talks... and who knows if he loses the final they might actually sack him and look for a more high profile coach to prepare them for 2022.

Comment

Let me coach iran, i swear first of all i will bichslap azmoun, hajsafi and those pieces of shit, the more i realise yesterday the angrier i am, they earn millions, they are under pressure ? Do you know how hard life is ? CQ couldnt control his players, i played amateur football, do you think anyone had the guts to act like that in front of our coach ? You are out thats it

Comment

If zidane comes to iran i will cut my k!r off and feed it to the birds in my backyard
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I think that if the social media persepolisis don't get the Branko they are desperate for.

A good option would be this Minavand/Azizi combo. Here is their teamtalk for Sepidrood:

Comment

I dont know who the immediate next coach is going to be, but it would be cool to have Dejagah (even if its only as a staff member) as the next one.
                            #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Imagine Arsene Wenger as the next coach of Iran lol.. But I hear he is rumored for Qatar...
                              But with sanctions looming, I don't expect anyone big anytime soon although it would be great.

I think they will go the cheap route and get Branko/Schaffer to step in

Comment

Out of all candidates, this is my favourite.

Comment

Working...
                                X