Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ Resigns During Press Conference (Thank You CQ Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
    I did an can just repeat my question.
    When a team wins it wins by the tactic and formation of its coach, by that what is trained daily, CQ did not train idiots like Azmoun to punsh players ( he deserved two red cards today), CQ did not train his players to stop playing when the ref didnt stop the game, CQ did not train players to attack the ref 1000x during a game, but he trained them to stay calm, to fight but not to provoke............i can write till tommorow.

Comment

Thank you CQ for the great moments, both ups and downs. Wish you all the best in your future career.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

He will rightfully go down in Iranian football as a legend. Sure a lot of managers would be willing to coach with Iran and deal with the headache which is doing business with Iranians if you paid the money he got paid, but there's no denying that CQ modernized Iranian football. Many western coaches who coach West Asian teams just punch in to get paid and don't really have an impact on the long term development of players and footballing culture.

With that said, I do feel that there was really nowhere else CQ's style of coaching could go with Iran and it was time for a change. Too conservative at times, relied on opponents errors (which works against China, but not Japan, Spain, etc...), and his temper added to the toxic environment of Iranian football (he should have just ignored the haters).

The next few month will decide the future of Iranian football. If we take the discipline and modernization which CQ brought and go for a more balanced European coach who can build on what CQ started we'll be golden in the next world cup, but if we just sign some washed up "bezen zeeresh" old man like Shaerfer, Branko, Toshack, etc... just because they are whiteboys, then we're f**ked.

Anyways, Thank you CQ for awesome years of football. You'll always be remembered .

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
          Omg what I can’t believe he told the reporter to fuck off. What did the reporter say??
          Some reporter asked him to say sorry to the iranian nation or something

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
            Reporter told him he should apologize

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
            That reporter is a tool.. What does CQ have to apologize except exceeding expectations and elevating our football?

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              It's absolutely incredible what two seconds can do to the entire state of Iranian Football.
              What was once an incredible tournament turned bad immediately after one mental mistake.
              That mental mistake led to more mistakes like a flat tire.
              Which led to our manager of 8 years to resign to where we have to look for a new manager
              To where we look at ourselves and say, Are we just not that good to compete with the likes of Japan or other strong teams?

Two seconds led to all of this and causing the entire state of Iranian football to be in jeopardy
              Our fellow countrymen and countrywomen are passionate, emotional individuals. There is nothing wrong with that, but coming back from a big mistake like the first goal requires an immense personal control. In a team sport environment which requires 11 individuals to get it together again and focus, it's not an easy task.

Comment

This was an amazing eight year journey. It was overwhelmingly positive and took Iran to a whole new level of soccer competition worldwide. His legacies are two consecutive WC attendance, a first for TM, a more competitive professional league, PEC, the first world class training pitch plus many more players in Europe and more. I think IFF failed to fully take advantage of his capabilities due to its own mismanagement and at times tried to hide behind him. At the end, IFF couldn't fully give him what he wanted (for example we missed three FIFA days for friendlies during AC 2019 preparation and none of his preparation plans that were approved by the IFF were fully implemented). I got to say thank you to him personally when I saw him walk by in the hotel in Salvador, Brazil in 2014 and he graciously stopped and nodded. I will miss him and it is very unlikely that we will have a coach of his calibre anytime soon.

Thank you and farewell Carlos Queiroz for all your hard work and all the accomplishments when TM was under your leadership. You will be dearly missed.

Go TM!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  You don't want to accept all of this is interrelated and connected.

There are reasons why every time, teams like Japan produces great teams. Their society and country is phenomenal. Ours is a declining one, where we hold onto the past and getting worse by the day.
                  Bro pull yourself together. We are all sad but it was a football match. Our society needs a revival and it has been passed due already. We can talk about it in another thread. Go out, have drink or something, get out of this mood.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                    Reporter told him he should apologize

apparently Carlos replied that he should be the one to apologize..!! and rightfully so ...!
                    the rest is bs made up hashieh of IR tools still trying to character assassinate him..!!

Mark my words, ..... IFF Is STILL very much incapable of Improving over CQ..!! even if they drop + 2mil a year ..!!This is the fact that many have yet come to grasp..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      apparently Carlos replied that he should be the one to apologize..!! and rightfully so ...!
                      the rest is bs made up hashieh of IR tools still trying to character assassinate him..!!

Mark my words, ..... IFF Is STILL very much incapable of Improving over CQ..!! even if they drop + 2mil a year ..!!This is the fact that many have yet come to grasp..!
                      I agree [emoji817]

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        It's absolutely incredible what two seconds can do to the entire state of Iranian Football.
                        What was once an incredible tournament turned bad immediately after one mental mistake.
                        That mental mistake led to more mistakes like a flat tire.
                        Which led to our manager of 8 years to resign to where we have to look for a new manager
                        To where we look at ourselves and say, Are we just not that good to compete with the likes of Japan or other strong teams?

Two seconds led to all of this and causing the entire state of Iranian football to be in jeopardy
                        I disagree.
                        Those 2 seconds merely exposed our main failure: to devise and implement a sound offensive strategy against a decent team.
                        If we had the right tactics, even this lapse wouldnt have hurt us the way it did.
                        We were devoid of any plan to get the goals.
                        Mainly bcoz we are not used to playing decent teams when we have to WIN the game.

we're merely used to being severely over-matched where it would be logical to implement defensive formation & tactics. And only rely on instances or chance, like those against big names (spain, Portugal arg, …)
                        Very different scenario from Asian tournaments where we are EXPECTED to win

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                          Our fellow countrymen and countrywomen are passionate, emotional individuals. There is nothing wrong with that, but coming back from a big mistake like the first goal requires an immense personal control. In a team sport environment which requires 11 individuals to get it together again and focus, it's not an easy task.
                          No it is wrong to be passionate and emotional in situation like that. You have too keep your coolness, that's first thing they teach you, if you play football in Europe.

Comment

CQ's farewell message on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtL8Cx7AnFQ/

A great leader ends with expressing attitude. I didn't expect anything less from him!

Comment

All I can say is that 2022 qualifications begin June 2019!!! I am not sure what round Iran will start. But its around corner.

we better get our act together.
                              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X