Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ Resigns During Press Conference (Thank You CQ Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
    I really don't understand why the man would stay. There is so much toxicity and negativity directed towards him from jealous snakes like Branko, his PP henchmen, Khiabani and his loonies, random people on his shows, etc.. why put up with that any more??
    You're right, we don't deserve him. But as he has said time and again: he fell in love with TM players, fans, and the nation as a whole. We are the true definition of an underdog in every respect of the word. Yet, despite all of this, still we rise.

You may write me down in history
    With your bitter, twisted lies,
    You may trod me in the very dirt
    But still, like dust, I'll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
    Bowed head and lowered eyes?
    Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
    Weakened by my soulful cries?

Just like moons and like suns,
    With the certainty of tides,
    Just like hopes springing high,
    Still I'll rise.

-Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      You're right, we don't deserve him. But as he has said time and again: he fell in love with TM players, fans, and the nation as a whole. We are the true definition of an underdog in every respect of the word. Yet, despite all of this, still we rise.
      You may write me down in history
      With your bitter, twisted lies,
      You may trod me in the very dirt
      But still, like dust, I'll rise.
      Did you want to see me broken?
      Bowed head and lowered eyes?
      Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
      Weakened by my soulful cries?
      Just like moons and like suns,
      With the certainty of tides,
      Just like hopes springing high,
      Still I'll rise.

-Maya Angelou
      Beautiful

Comment

Thank you coach for everything you have done during these 8 years. Building a team that qualified twice to world cup and was eyeing the gold in Asian cup, undefeated and not conceding a goal to the semis. More than Korea, Australia and rest of the continent but Japan. We need to build on this. They should be proud and learn from defeats,
        only way is moving forward with this great team and players.

Comment

The Team Melli I fell in love with and started following was built by CQ. The reign of CQ was pretty much my 20s. Following every match through college, grad school, vacations, ER, first day at the job, and even on my wedding day.

A big chapter has ended for TM and in many ways I feel puts a closure to my young adult life.

Not sure if I can ever fall in love with Team Melli the same again or follow it as passionately like I did with CQ.

Thank you for the journey and memories coach!
          EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

I find it somehow poetic that the lead story on the front page of PFDC is "Younes Delfi to join Royal Charleroi S.C.". It's like a glimmer of hope among the sadness and pain, hope for a future. My hope is that what CQ started and put in motion for our national team (playing overseas, practice facilities at home, believing in our cause and ourselves, etc) is so solid and fundamental that it will be a nuclear reaction that is self-sustaining for our national team and can only grow from here. Others have said this too: CQ has now made us believe that we can compete with the world's best and now we can expect nothing less. The next coach has some enormous shoes to fill and expectations to deliver.

Comment

Will Carlos Qurioz fly with the team back to Tehran? Or will he taking direct Dubai Lisbon Portugal? I hope IFF will talk with him if he will fly back Tehran with the players and one more time will talk with them.

Because Branco Ivanovic just run a way and did not come with our players after World Cup 2006

Comment

Yes Queiroz comes with the team to Iran tommorow nighr

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                  Yes Queiroz comes with the team to Iran tommorow nighr
                  I hope IFF will talk with Carlos we must not loss him and change his mind

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                    The Team Melli I fell in love with and started following was built by CQ. The reign of CQ was pretty much my 20s. Following every match through college, grad school, vacations, ER, first day at the job, and even on my wedding day.

A big chapter has ended for TM and in many ways I feel puts a closure to my young adult life.

Not sure if I can ever fall in love with Team Melli the same again or follow it as passionately like I did with CQ.

Thank you for the journey and memories coach!
                    It's interesting, isn't it, how this team of players, from the people and for the people, binds not only Iranians across time zones and from different backgrounds and worlds, but also gives each one of us these salient bookmarks that define our life. Who else in the world treats football like this?? Carlos Queiroz understood this, felt it with his heart and being, and I think that is why he stayed with us, for us and his players, despite all the abuse. Thank you Carlos Queiroz.

Originally posted by diz View Post
                    I find it somehow poetic that the lead story on the front page of PFDC is "Younes Delfi to join Royal Charleroi S.C.". It's like a glimmer of hope among the sadness and pain, hope for a future. My hope is that what CQ started and put in motion for our national team (playing overseas, practice facilities at home, believing in our cause and ourselves, etc) is so solid and fundamental that it will be a nuclear reaction that is self-sustaining for our national team and can only grow from here. Others have said this too: CQ has now made us believe that we can compete with the world's best and now we can expect nothing less. The next coach has some enormous shoes to fill and expectations to deliver.
                    100% agree about the poetic nature of the front page story! Like looking back in 4-5 years we will think AHA! From that pain is where it all began, like the SIMORGH rising from the ashes...

Comment

sad to see him go. just hope someone makes him change his mind.
                      A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

if we keep him will be great, but cq resigned after wc 2014 and 2018 and he stayed also.i know ppl say his tactics are wrong and old fashion, but he does help us.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                          If you don't count the own goal it took us 2 WC to score the same amount as 98. We also had some of the worst possession statistics in any WC occur during 2014 and 2018...

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                          So what. We played much better and gave nigeria, morocco, portugal, argentina and spain a tough time. We lost 1-0 to yogoslavia beat usa 2-1, lost to germany 2-0. Thats two goals. In 2014 we scored one goal. In 2018 we scored 2 goals but had 4 points and we lost so spain by a lucky goal. Had a goal disallowed against them. Lost to messi and co by one goal, no pk given to Iran. This wc we took it to portugal. Cristiano was telling his teammates to waste time. Lol. You may not like the style we played but we were in every wc match except bosnia.

Comment

Originally posted by vatanparast View Post
                            So what. We played much better and gave nigeria, morocco, portugal, argentina and spain a tough time. We lost 1-0 to yogoslavia beat usa 2-1, lost to germany 2-0. Thats two goals. In 2014 we scored one goal. In 2018 we scored 2 goals but had 4 points and we lost so spain by a lucky goal. Had a goal disallowed against them. Lost to messi and co by one goal, no pk given to Iran. This wc we took it to portugal. Cristiano was telling his teammates to waste time. Lol. You may not like the style we played but we were in every wc match except bosnia.
                            Don't listen to this flippant and vindictive troll. By his logic, our world cup 2006 and 2018 campaigns were equivalent because we scored two goals in each. Get a life!

Comment

why did CQ have to leave? i don't think going to Columbia (if he does) is a good move. i wished he stayed....can he really bear to leave Iran? i dont think so....
                              A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Thank you sir. You are legend for Iranian football.

Comment

Working...
                                X