Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CQ Resigns During Press Conference (Thank You CQ Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything CQ taught the Team went to Shite in 2nd half!!! How can this be????

Comment

BTW fellas

CQ never said that this was it for him and TM , he never said he resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
        BTW fellas

CQ never said that this was it for him and TM , he never said he resigned.
        He wants to stay. He once said he will never be able to say goodbye to Iran. Also CQ's gheyrat won't let him to resign after a heavy loss like that. Something tells me he will continue and we'll meet Japan again in the WCQ. It's just a feeling...

Comment

Is this the official source? Waiting to post on Facebook to see it from IFF or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't think he is officially leaving though. I think the message was purely for the campaign and the efforts our boys gave throughout this tournament. It all seems very open-ended to me.

Comment

Sardar said that CQ didn't tell the players anything about resigning. We need to wait for Taj's interview.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                Lol I don't even know how to respond to this. I guess I trolled my way through PFDC all these years. Or wait did I vulture my way? Anyways thanks for outting me as a troll...yikes!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk

oh you volturing troll … or trolling vulture ….. nay, you VOLTROL you!
                its all your fault!

==============

seems CQ era is officially over.
                As an often critic of much of what he's done in the past 8 years, I must say in the past couple of years he did plenty to win me over and I must be fair and say we became a better team (at least defensively, which we used to be pathetic) under his guidance. I still have a couple of bones to pick. But this is not the place nor time for that.

He brought professionalism and focus to TM. Both of which were missing from previous editions. I particularly appreciate this.

Ironically, …. tragically, … call it whatever, it was a sudden momentary lapse in that focus that did him and TM in finally! How's that for a greek tragedy scenario?

I, personally wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                  Sardar said that CQ didn't tell the players anything about resigning. We need to wait for Taj's interview.
                  Is there a video of sardar saying this? What is your source?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                    Is there a video of sardar saying this? What is your source?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2LIDBujvBI
                    Watch from 0:20

Comment

It's ironic that two things we were known for during CQs era... put a nail in our coffin

Defensive prowess and focus for 90 minutes.

Comment

This whole affair somehow reminds me of Wenger's farewell. Football is not kind...

Comment

I still think (and hope) he's staying. This reminds me of WC2014 aftermath.

Comment

I hope he stays because year-on-year I've seen improvements in the things around the national team which give me lots of hope. I see this as a project which is 2/3 done and if we quit it now, we won't get back on track.

His tactics for this game weren't good and it was a poor match, but overall it was a good cup. (Many of us underestimated Japan - both in the world cup and in the asian cup they have shown how psychologically strong they are and able to change gears when required. They have more depth in their squad such that they don't even need to call up some of their most valuable legionnaires.)

Now lots of places are reporting him saying he is leaving: https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/sta...11493482016771

I guess it is up to Taj, Sports Ministry, and CQ himself for the final decision.... Let's hope when they think about it in the light of day, they reconsider their positions.

He's invested too much of himself into this whole thing to leave like this.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              I hope he stays because year-on-year I've seen improvements in the things around the national team which give me lots of hope. I see this as a project which is 2/3 done and if we quit it now, we won't get back on track.

His tactics for this game weren't good and it was a poor match, but overall it was a good cup. (Many of us underestimated Japan - both in the world cup and in the asian cup they have shown how psychologically strong they are and able to change gears when required. They have more depth in their squad such that they don't even need to call up some of their most valuable legionnaires.)

Now lots of places are reporting him saying he is leaving: https://twitter.com/FIFAWorldCup/sta...11493482016771

I guess it is up to Taj, Sports Ministry, and CQ himself for the final decision.... Let's hope when they think about it in the light of day, they reconsider their positions.

He's invested too much of himself into this whole thing to leave like this.
                              I really don't understand why the man would stay. There is so much toxicity and negativity directed towards him from jealous snakes like Branko, his PP henchmen, Khiabani and his loonies, random people on his shows, etc.. why put up with that any more??

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
                                I really don't understand why the man would stay. There is so much toxicity and negativity directed towards him from jealous snakes like Branko, his PP henchmen, Khiabani and his loonies, random people on his shows, etc.. why put up with that any more??
                                If people can criticise his emotional outbursts, you can't criticise his gheyrat. He was still hurting from that Iran-Iraq loss and he will hurt bad from this. He may see walking away as giving up on his ideals...

Comment

Working...
                                X