Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carded players - situation and solutions

Guys, we have some carded players. In total we received 7 yellow cards,

Vahid Amiri now have 2 yellow cards, and miss the next match. we have 5 or 6 other players, which have yellow cards and have to be careful for the semfinal match. we can not risk so many players out of the game for a potential semifinal vs. japan or saudi arabia.

According to the-afc.com we received 7 yellow cards till yet in our 4 matches, but i checked google, not sure if it is 8 yellow cards?

It shows to me that these players have one yellow card:

Majid Hosseini
    Ashkan Dejagah
    Saman Ghoddos
    Ehsan Hajisafi
    Mehdi Taremi
    Ramin Rezaein

Now the question, these players will be out of the semfinal after receiving a yellow cards vs. china? or will they now after these round cancelled? I am not sure, could check the regulations, but i know you do it or now it, so i made this thread.

But if we miss half of our team in a potential semi-final (do not care if saudis or japanese also miss some players or not) than we have a big(ger) problem...

And today Amiri (do not checked the regulations) but probably it would be more clever to make a second stupid but easy fould at the end of the match and risk the second yellow card today and send of (2x yellow) and be able to play the next match and not beeing suspended?

Discuss.
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

I don't have confirmation but it would surely make sense if they are wiped now. Otherwise it's 5 games accumulating yellows and a suspension and then only 2 games to accumulate the second suspension.

Comment

Dejagah does not have a yellow. Cards are wiped following the QF, not prior to.

Comment

I think hajsafi can play amiris role in cm but i think carlos wont do that. We may see ansarifard vs china

Beiro
        Ramin pag majid milmo
        Jb dejagah hajsafi ebrahimi
        Taremi
        Azmoon

(Ghoddos sub)
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Cards are wiped after the QF [China Game], so not a big issue. So even if our players get two cards during that game, it won't be an issue, right?

Comment

Originally posted by SkyeKingu View Post
            Cards are wiped after the QF [China Game], so not a big issue. So even if our players get two cards during that game, it won't be an issue, right?
            Won’t be an issue? How did you work that one out lol

Any player on a yellow card who gets another yellow card against China, will miss the semi final, simples

Comment

Originally posted by SkyeKingu View Post
              Even red cards will get wiped?

Comment

is amiri our only missing player next game?

Comment

Guys the cards will be wiped nit suspensions lol. If a player is suspended for the semi final then he is suspended. The suspension won’t be wiped. The only thing that will be wiped is the is the yellow card they have picked up from the previous games...

Comment

Cards will be wiped out, suspensions won't. So any player already on a yellow who gets another yellow next game will miss the semifinals. Any player on only one yellow at the end of the match with China can play in the semifinals with a clean slate.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

yes so i remember right, that we have now a big trouble, as we have 5 or 6 players with one yellow card, and one more in 90 or 120 minutes vs. china will cost them a semifinal. all these players are nearly safe fixed players, which will play more or less.

We have to be very very careful, i think we will miss minimum one or 2 for semfinal, but if we have bad luck, we will miss more players.

I think dejagah got a yellow card, i remember this?!?

So what about a yellow card, and directly another yellow card = yellow/red = out, will the player be available for the semifinal?

i think Amiri and Coaching staff could be more clever and tell amiri to provocate another "soft" yellow card and sent off minute 85 to 90...and be "free" for a semfinal. the same now for the players with one card, if they get another card vs. china...we must be clever...better to avoid cards, but with 5 or 6 players having cards, the chance of suspensions are now high..
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

-

Comment

If Saudi beat Japan, it wouldn't surprise me if we got a couple of BS yellow cards against China..

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                          yes so i remember right, that we have now a big trouble, as we have 5 or 6 players with one yellow card, and one more in 90 or 120 minutes vs. china will cost them a semifinal. all these players are nearly safe fixed players, which will play more or less.

We have to be very very careful, i think we will miss minimum one or 2 for semfinal, but if we have bad luck, we will miss more players.

I think dejagah got a yellow card, i remember this?!?

So what about a yellow card, and directly another yellow card = yellow/red = out, will the player be available for the semifinal?

i think Amiri and Coaching staff could be more clever and tell amiri to provocate another "soft" yellow card and sent off minute 85 to 90...and be "free" for a semfinal. the same now for the players with one card, if they get another card vs. china...we must be clever...better to avoid cards, but with 5 or 6 players having cards, the chance of suspensions are now high..
                          Amiri is available for the semi, he is only missing China game,

Comment

Originally posted by IRAN_TILL_I_DIE View Post
                            Amiri is available for the semi, he is only missing China game,
                            i know, but we need all our guns for the semifinal. this is what worries me, as 5 or 6 players have one card right now.

We can fix Amiri with Hajisafi or Torabi/Ghoddos...it is okay, he will have also a "rest" but against saudis or japan i think we should have all our guns, and not minus 2 or 3 players...

If we can have our players for the semifinal, by getting 2yellow cars in the next match vs. china (= sent off) than we should risk it at the dying minutes, if we are clear in front (2 goals minimum)...but i understand it is very risky...

hope we can face japan or saudis or even vietnam with our full squad, and no suspension. very important actually to make the final (in my eyes)..
                            sigpic

-

Comment

Ok so I did a quick review of our matches. We have 7 to yellows. Two of which were to amiri, he will miss a match and we are down to. 5 active yellow cards to the following players.

Ramin, Majid, Saman, Ehsan and Taremi.

TM's bench is so deep and the drop off between players is not that drastic, (testament to CQ a d giving players change and using a squad rotation) I don't feel like we need to worry about yellows.

If we lose a player or two against China due to yellows we have bench players that can step up to cover.

Vouria, milad, Karim, kanani, amiri, torabi etc can all step up to cover. Regardless let's not underestimate and overlook China. One game at a time Gentlemen.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X