No announcement yet.

Iran vs Oman Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiranvand - 10 - He did everything right today. Damesh garm. Should be in Europe.

Ramin - 6.5 - good defensive work, but very poor crosses and final touch. Caught out a few times too.

PAG - 7 - Reliable and first to the ball. Good recovery.

Majid H 4 - Too slow and out of position. Made lots of mistakes too. He needs his confidence back

Milad M - 7 - Great speed. I just wish he was more fluid offensively. He's very robotic when it comes to attack.

Omid - 6.5 - Did what was expected and no more.

Dejagah- 8.5 - Great distribution and running and technique. Finds space and teammates very well. Such a professional and obvious he grew up trained in German football. Made a couple of really poor passes in the middle of the field that would have been punished by better teams.

Jahanbakhsh 6 - His crosses were bad, but the goal really helped his confidence. I hope he gets his touch and speed back as soon as possible.

Taremi - 6 - Gets in the right position and creates chances but overthinks everything. Him and Taremi are a great combo but need to trust their ability.

Amiri - 7 - To me he's a better DM than Ebrahimi. Runs and fights for everything. Killed so many potential Omani counterattacks. He's very valuable. yeah, he has a poor touch, but that's not his role and not what CQ really expects from him.

Sardar - 6.5 I gave him 0.5 points more than Taremi because of the guidance to Beiranvand.

—————————-

Cheshmi - 6 - Did nothing.
    Ghoddos - 7 - Beautiful hold up play and offensive work to control the game.
    Masoud - NA but lost the ball at least once in a minute.

We played like the Germans this game. Pure control except for minute 1.
    China should not be underestimated - its one game at a time.
    Our fitness was great too.

Comment

Lol at people rating players , how the fck can jahanbakhsh be a 9 ? He didnt even play well, only a goal he scored

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
        Kananizai needs to start for Majidi
        Majidi?

Guys some of you are creating players now. I saw a Mahmoudi in gol_kuchik's earlier post, now edited (who also seems to have Ezatollahi in the team)

LOOL

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
          Beiranvand- 10
          Milad Mohammadi - 7 Pacy, covered well despite their attacking threats mainly being on their right. Some outstanding headers. Don't understand how anyone can criticise for this game or Iraq
          PAG- 6.5 Started poor but came into it second half and showed his characteristic dominance a few times.
          Majid Hosseini- 5.5 Worried about Majid he is really struggling with his judgment. I don't know what is going on but I'd feel more confident with Kanaani in next game
          Ramin Rezaeian- 6.5 I thought he was an absolute mess at times, though his link-up play is always a threat.
          Omid Ebrahimi- 8 Back in favoured role and can't really criticise him.
          Dejagah- 9 Did his job perfectly until he got tired, he is a fix for 60 minutes and then must come out, it's really easy to tell when he's tired so he makes CQ's job easy
          Jahanbakhsh- 7.5 Improving but not quite back to his best- his touches in the second half were poor. I expect he will grow into this tournament from now so he is a fix
          Amiri- 6 Amiri is one of our key players with his running and battles but I am marking him low for his really cynical foul. He should know much better.

Taremi and Azmoun- 6.5 Both Taremi and Azmoun got into positions very well but just didn't have the composure. Still I can't see anyone who can replace their combination.
          SUBSTITUTE PLAYERS
          Ghoddos- 8 Had an instant impact, very exciting player
          Cheshmi- 8.5 Although admittedly only a few touches, he did what i thought was the best play of the day - a great interception, little dink to his right and pin-point long ball to set up a counter.
          I actually rate him as a "free roaming" defensive midfield player. Good to see him doing well.
          Shojaei- N/A Not enough time
          Beiro was MoM, without his safe this wouldnt be such a comfortable win. Like the Portugal game, it was his
          save that gave the wake up call to our players.
          Agree with you on AJB, he struggled in the first 20-3- min but gained confidence after his goal and played much better from that point.
          Still he is not 100% fit yet, he can perform much better and he will perform much better game by game.
          For the China Game i hope to see Torabi ( maybe as a replacement for Vahid).

Comment

My automatic Seiko Turtle runs faster than Majid Hosseini (+15 seconds a day).

Comment

Did else anybody notice loudspeakers in the stands, as well as Omani music being broadcast during the whole match? Is that allowed in stadiums? This tournament seems be run by clowns.

Comment

I have to say team did everything spot on today, and that is not to say it was a flawless display.

The problem with these kind of tournaments is that serious games don't start until later and teams usually enter the next rounds a bit unsettled. You can see that not only in Iran but with Japan and Korea as well.

Iran in particular seems to be suffering from the early game stress. We have seen this even in the game with Yemen. The team needs to show more maturity and more confidence in the first 10-15 min of the game to assert its dominance. That is how big teams present themselves. It is the first impression that we often lack to make! … We seem to operate at the same level of stress when we face a team like Yemen as we did with Spain, which suggests something needs to be adjusted. We were absolutely lucky that Oman didn't score through the early penalty. It would have been a totally a different game today.

Also, I can understand changes in the mid and forward line from game to game, but constant changes in the defensive line is a bit unusual in a single tournament. I know our defense hasn't been solid enough, but at the same time it does bring down confidence when there are too many changes. Example is a solid defensive performer like Majid, making rudimentary mistakes.

The game with China will be totally different. China plays a more tactical game than Oman, but it is perhaps not as dangerous as Oman. That said, I am very happy to see AJB gaining confidence. He had a good display today. Azmoun and Taremi don't have to put the ball on the back of the net in every situation but they need to sharpen their finishing touches a bit more as chances will be far less against bigger and more stronger teams.

All in all, I think Iran is tough team for anyone to beat and that includes top class teams in the world. I am still very hopeful, but not getting ahead of myself.

Comment

Lol. Some people have watched a different game I guess! Ezatollahi and Majidi?

Comment

I'd like to see us win more convincingly over teams like Oman regardless. Still a good win and on to thee next one.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                      Lol. Some people have watched a different game I guess! Ezatollahi and Majidi?

Comment

Weak link was Hosseini.

I wish Sed Jalal had not retired and CQ could have called him up.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                          While Hosseini's blunder almost setup an incredibly tense match for us, I think we - as fans - need to forgive and move on. We sometimes forget that Hosseini is only 22 years old and is a keeper for us over the course of the next 10-12. What I like about CQ is that he doesn't have a knee-jerk reaction and judge players on their performance in one moment or in one game. When all is said and done, there's no better way of giving Hosseini confidence than to start him again. We see what Hosseini is capable of and he should be given the platform to succeed.
                          The same can be said of Jahanbakhsh. After a shaky 20 minutes at the beginning, he did very well for his second game back. I even reckon that some of our fans will have him in their starting line-ups for the China match after saying that he should be benched before today's match. Again, there is quality in this squad and everyone has their good days and their bad days.
                          My only concerns are Azmoun and Taremi who returned to 'derp' mode today. Their link-up play is great and they often create fantastic opportunities but like we always say, context is important. We're not too upset because when they started missing good opportunities, we were already 2 - 0 up. In another match and on another day, the score may be 0 - 0 and using those free opportunities can be the difference progression and elimination.
                          MOTM was Beiranvand purely for the penalty save. We all know how Oman would play had the penalty gone in. Thank God that scenario was avoided.
                          Otherwise, aside from a choppy first 25 minutes, we asserted ourselves quite well until the 65th minute. At that point, we were just passing the ball around to ensure a job well done. On to the Quarter Finals.
                          You're absolutely right about some people's knee-jerk reaction after each game or even a series of plays. I can't understand why anybody would recommend benching a player (Jahanbakhsh) who plays for one of the top teams in Europe, especially knowing that he's trying to recover from an injury and should be allowed more time to get back in form. As for Azmoun and Taremi, that's just the type of players they are- they're either superb or mediocre, yet they always play hard, and that's what matters. I think fans should be a bit more measured in their reactions, particularly after the team wins. We need to give them more confidence, not constantly be critical. We also must remember that these games are extremely difficult to plan for and execute. So let's continue analyzing the games but try to dwell more on the good the team is producing.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlTArR8M1bA
                            Alireza Jahanbakhsh comments on the game! One can see the confidence that he gained!
                            Such a nice guy!

Comment

That penalty save could be huge not just in the context of this game.

This gives us a psychological advantage in any knock out game with pk's looming, with the opposition being well aware that we've an absolute titan in our goal - could force an attacking change that we can exploit on the counter at critical times

Comment

Azmoun horrible! Majid Hosseini bad! And a C+ game by Iran. I don’t understand Sardar. Glad he doesn’t get to move to Europe

Comment

Working...
                                X