Iran vs Oman Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran 2 Oman 0. Dameh Beiranvand garm. Iraaaaaaaaaan Iran!

no need to give anybody a rating. beiranvan + 100 and thats it everyone else 0
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

In first 20 min of this game I was so afraid but now I regret we didn't win 6:0. Azmoun showed the right direction to Biranvand but lost so many chances. Taremi too.We will have to use Saman or Faraki next game against China.

Comment

Good win.

Oman gave Uzbekistan and Japan headaches.

Onto the next one.

Comment

Everyone is going to slash Taremi and Azmoun for wastful finishing, and they were certainly wasteful, but their link up play and hassling of defenders was fantastic. Hopefully they will be less cavalier with their shots but everything else they did was fantastic.

Also please don't forget that Dejagah ran the game for Iran he was superb.

Comment

What a classy young man he is:

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=62807

Comment

Once again our beloved Team Melli has made it into the Quarterfinals! I am proud of Jahanbakhsh for proving haters wrong today. Majority wanted him benched but he was the deciding factor on our win today. It's not rocket science; if a player is out of form the only way he improves is by PLAYING, not by rotting on the bench!

Beiranvand- 10 (MOTM). He is a treasure! What did he do wrong today? Nothing. He is our hero.

Milad Mohammadi - 8 Our best left back in my opinion. His quality and pace overrides Hajsafi at left back.

PAG- 6.5 Pretty poor this tournament from a player I always thought was consistent. Poor positioning lead to Oman's penalty. He improved in the second half.

Majid Hosseini- 6 Probably our worst player today. Had countless bad challenges and poor positioning. Also looked slow. Not to worry as I am sure he will be back in form!

Ramin Rezaeian- 7 Was pretty invisible but had some decent passing and defensive stops.

Omid Ebrahimi- 8 Really really underrated player. Doesn't do anything fancy but boy has he been good for us in place of Saeid.

Dejagah- 8.5 Top class player. Really dominated the midfield. I wonder what an in form Dejagah and Saeid would have done for us at the WC.

Jahanbakhsh- 9 Proved every wrong His goal changed the momentum completely. Had some beautiful crosses that were wasted by Taremi.

Amiri- 7 Amiri was decent today, but lost the ball a lot and had some poor passes that were questionable. His hustling and energy was noticeable though.

Taremi- 6.5 Taremi has the positioning ability of Ronaldo with Azadegan level finishing

Azmoun- 8 Was very active and quite possibly one of our best players. However, he fatigued around the middle of the second half and wasted some good chances.

SUBSTITUTE PLAYERS

Ghoddos- 9 Oh my word. What an amazing player. He had countless successful dribbles, and rarely lost the ball. Played some amazing passes and took a beautiful corner.

Cheshmi- 8 Cheshmi looked really crisp today, I was surprised. He played like Majid Hosseini usually plays, with composure, precision, and solid passes.

Shojaei- N/A

Comment

Whoops, didn't see the earlier thread.
                If someone wants to merge this thread to the previous one that would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  I think our passing was on point by most of the guys. We lacked finishing as usual. Too many wasted chances. Here's hoping that it improves against China.

Comment

Shows domination. We are superior, we always were.

Comment

Beiranvand - 9.5 - I’m tempted to give him a perfect 10 but we should be blessed that he is our GK. The flow and outcome of the game could’ve been very different had he not saved that PK.

Ramin - 5.5 He was okay but I feel like he was rusty a bit after not playing the last two games. His crosses was poor for the most part but defended well. It’s a tossup between him or Vouria in the next game.

PAG - 7 After not playing the last game, he looked fresh and great out there. Keep dialing him up the rest of the way.
                      Majid H 4 - Gave up a horrible PK and looked very rusty the entire cup but CQ needs to continue putting faith in him the rest of the way over Kanani.

Milad M - 6 He looks so much better and in control in that LB spot than Hajsafi would. His pace is very hard for other teams to compete with

Omid - 7 the workhorse who’s played every minute for us has looked great. I’m hoping he doesn’t gas out and was hoping he could’ve been subbed out to save some miles on him but He will play the rest of the way

Dejagah- 9 Another masterpiece for the capitan! He is truly thriving in the leader position and has complete control of the field. CQ did great to sub him out and rest him for the China game.

Jahanbakhsh 6 - After a miserable first 30 minutes, JB bounced back and looked like his normal self. CQ did good here again to sub him out and not risk any injury. Look for him to play the next game again.

Taremi - 6 Mehdi missed some great opportunities but he did wonderfully to create chances for himself better than anyone else. With Amiri not playing next game, start him and have him do more damage on China.

Amiri - 4 He shouldn’t be in any attacking minded lineups. He did better at the WC because we were defending but needs to be a reserve now unless we play Japan. Fortunately, he’s banned from the next game so he can use that as rest. I would play him against KSA/Japan where we’ll need his toughness

Sardar - 6.5 He didn’t score but he is definitely on form with the chances he’s been creating. Continue dialing him up against China and future games.

—————————-

Cheshmi - 6 He looks to be getting better and better in the middle next to Omid. Good reserve to have in the CDM role.
                      Ghoddos - 6 beautiful flick earlier in the game and it feels like he does better when used as a super sub.
                      Masoud - NA. Great to see him get some minutes but don’t expect him to play again unless we have comfortable lead.

With Amiri out, hope CQ puts Torabi back in there. He could do serious damage to China’s vulnerable defense.

Comment

Beiranvand- 10
                        Milad Mohammadi - 7 Pacy, covered well despite their attacking threats mainly being on their right. Some outstanding headers. Don't understand how anyone can criticise for this game or Iraq
                        PAG- 6.5 Started poor but came into it second half and showed his characteristic dominance a few times.
                        Majid Hosseini- 5.5 Worried about Majid he is really struggling with his judgment. I don't know what is going on but I'd feel more confident with Kanaani in next game
                        Ramin Rezaeian- 6.5 I thought he was an absolute mess at times, though his link-up play is always a threat.
                        Omid Ebrahimi- 8 Back in favoured role and can't really criticise him.
                        Dejagah- 9 Did his job perfectly until he got tired, he is a fix for 60 minutes and then must come out, it's really easy to tell when he's tired so he makes CQ's job easy
                        Jahanbakhsh- 7.5 Improving but not quite back to his best- his touches in the second half were poor. I expect he will grow into this tournament from now so he is a fix
                        Amiri- 6 Amiri is one of our key players with his running and battles but I am marking him low for his really cynical foul. He should know much better.
                        Taremi and Azmoun- 6.5 Both Taremi and Azmoun got into positions very well but just didn't have the composure. Still I can't see anyone who can replace their combination.

SUBSTITUTE PLAYERS

Ghoddos- 8 Had an instant impact, very exciting player
                        Cheshmi- 8.5 Although admittedly only a few touches, he did what i thought was the best play of the day - a great interception, little dink to his right and pin-point long ball to set up a counter.
                        I actually rate him as a "free roaming" defensive midfield player. Good to see him doing well.
                        Shojaei- N/A Not enough time

Comment

While Hosseini's blunder almost setup an incredibly tense match for us, I think we - as fans - need to forgive and move on. We sometimes forget that Hosseini is only 22 years old and is a keeper for us over the course of the next 10-12. What I like about CQ is that he doesn't have a knee-jerk reaction and judge players on their performance in one moment or in one game. When all is said and done, there's no better way of giving Hosseini confidence than to start him again. We see what Hosseini is capable of and he should be given the platform to succeed.

The same can be said of Jahanbakhsh. After a shaky 20 minutes at the beginning, he did very well for his second game back. I even reckon that some of our fans will have him in their starting line-ups for the China match after saying that he should be benched before today's match. Again, there is quality in this squad and everyone has their good days and their bad days.

My only concerns are Azmoun and Taremi who returned to 'derp' mode today. Their link-up play is great and they often create fantastic opportunities but like we always say, context is important. We're not too upset because when they started missing good opportunities, we were already 2 - 0 up. In another match and on another day, the score may be 0 - 0 and using those free opportunities can be the difference progression and elimination.

MOTM was Beiranvand purely for the penalty save. We all know how Oman would play had the penalty gone in. Thank God that scenario was avoided.

Otherwise, aside from a choppy first 25 minutes, we asserted ourselves quite well until the 65th minute. At that point, we were just passing the ball around to ensure a job well done. On to the Quarter Finals.

Comment

Beiro indeed was the MVP. Right after AC if he doesn’t get offers from top European clubs, then it would be the biggest disappointment and waste of talent TBH.

ARJ was fantastic, his runs and hustling as well as his great crosses and indeed his goal was so fun and refreshing to watch.

Taremi and Azmoun wasted collectively 4-5 sitters, otherwise this match should have ended with an easy 4-5 goal margin.

All in all a very good day and game for TM. We dominated and won deservedly. Let’s focus on China game, our 2004 semi final clash against them and the unfair referee calls against us costing TM the game and the final birth never gets wiped out of the heads of those of us who watched the game live and stressed and cried of unfairness. I look forward to meeting them in the quarterfinal and punishing them hard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                              I'm sorry that you feel that way. It's true that some of our players made costly mistakes--Hosseini with the foul and yellow card, Amiri with the unnecessary foul and subsequent yellow card, and Taremi and Azmoun missing surefire chances. But as dedicated fans we need to be more objective and fair in our assessments. The team was playing under difficult circumstances (the situation with their coach), but they all played hard-and that matters the most. Also, for at least the first 60 minutes, we were totally dominant on offense. They're going to look at the game and make some adjustments. The important thing is they found a way to win. And, by the way, I couldn't praise Beiravand enough for that save.

Comment

Working...
                              X