Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

which is bigger?2 back to back world cup or 3 asian cup championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if to see the financial benefits it brings more money to qualify to world cup than to win the Asian cup. Asian cup winners this year gets 5 million $ and to only take part in the Asian cup gives 200 000 $. Compare this to qualifying to World Cup 2018, i think each team got around 10 million $ to just be there. So i guess to take part in World Cup is more prestigefull. Thats why some teams like Australia/Japan/Korea sometimes bring there B teams to Asian Cup... In my mind its more important to qualify to World Cup as many times as possible.. The joy me as a Iranian get when our team beats any team in the world cup is not even comparable with going for example to semi final in a Asian Cup... Iran has only won 2 World Cup matches… This means its very very difficult to even win a world cup match. Iraq for example won the Asian Cup in 2007, look how their World Cup qualifications usually goes... Also World Cup Qualifications in Asia is usually like a mini Asian Cup. Take also into consideration that almost whole world watches World Cup games, even when crap teams plays many people watch the games.. Asian Cup dont get the same audience

Comment

For me WCQ beats anything continentally related..! simply because, thats about the only way to bring real international attention and respect for our Football program..!
      not sure i would feel the same about it, if and after FIFA increasing the number of WC participants though...!! ??
      besides a team could hit a peak form at the right time or suddenly ride a good bit of Luck in order to win an AC championship...!! but to qualify for WC you really have to keep your shitt together as a team for like almost 2-3 year span and weather some major storms like going to tough places to play and still getting result ..!!

Comment

World Cup for its financial benefit, exposure for our good players, and the name of Iran among the best teams in the world.
        Many nationalities watch WC and Iran should qualify for it.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Hard to make the call. If 8 didn’t know the background Id say 3 consecutive ac titles without hesitation, But qualifying to wc with very limited resources and lack of support consecutively is very impressive. Id still have to pick the 3peat though. Just imagine if we had carlos and a govt that invested in our athletes

Comment

Winning Asian cup of course.

Comment

What a ridiculous question... Iran should always make the world cup, making it is not an achievement not making it is a failure of everyone involved.

CQ lovers should take it easy!

Comment

You can ask this question in a different way to make it clearer:

Would you rather Iran win, let’s say, 5 ACs but never qualify for the World Cup? Or qualify for 5 World cups and not win any AC?

Which would you pick?

For me it will have to be the World Cup, telling me that the WC qualification is more important.

I live in a non football playing country but when the WC came about everyone showed some interest in the WC and Iran’s performance and close calls raised Iran’s profile here, even if we didn’t go to the next round, everyone was talking to me about it. Even the girls were suddenly interested in Iran 😊. However now with Asia Cup and Iran doing well, no one knows and no one cares. That again tells me clearly which one is more important.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                  Three Asian Cup Championships. Especially now that 4.5 teams from Asia make it to the World Cup while only one team can/could be the Asian Champion.
                  And in the future looks like getting to the WC will be much easier if they go with an expanded format.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
                  Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Well now that Fifa is expanding the WC participants from WC2026 onwards, winning Asian Cup’s first spot is more difficult than being among many (really many) who qualify for WC!
                    But still this doesnt take credit away from the incredible job done the last 8 years and the hardship the team endured! Dameshoon Garm!
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

WC knockout stage appearance > Asian Cup title > WC qualification

Comment

What's past is past. Currently the biggest thing is to keep Sir CQ for another 4 years!

Comment

if I had to choose between winning the asian cup this year or qualifying to the next WC I would 100% choose qualifying to the world cup.
                          Bookmark the PFDC Calendar for TM & WCQ games
                          http://sites.google.com/site/pfdccalendar/
                          [Click on a game to see detailed description including time]
                          Villa + Messi =

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                            WC knockout stage appearance > Asian Cup title > WC qualification
                            Not necessarily especially once the knockout stage contains 32 teams.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Obviously 3 Asian championships in a row! The true golden age of our football was 1968-1978 (which obviously could have lasted much longer) and we are nowhere close to it now.

Comment

Football in an industry, and it is not a sport anymore.
                                By only qualifying to the world cup and playing the group stage games, TM makes somewhere between $12M to $15 M.
                                But with being Asian champion, TM only makes $5M.
                                But then again, it is just a matter of perspective and this in only my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X