which is bigger?2 back to back world cup or 3 asian cup championship?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: which is bigger?2 back to back world cup or 3 asian cup championship?

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,769 Posts

which is bigger?2 back to back world cup or 3 asian cup championship?

Meet your Persian Love Today
    with CQ we have been to 2 back to back world cup, could we say this is harder than 3 consecutive asian cups?if 2 back to back world cup qualifiers is bigger and harder can we say this is the golden period of TM football?

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,925 Times in 4,879 Posts
    Winning the Asian cup is harder than qualifying for the world cup.

That should be enough to answer your question.

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Camran khan For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Similar to what matters most finishing in top four or winning the cup title

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,363 Times in 5,542 Posts
    Three Asian Cup Championships. Especially now that 4.5 teams from Asia make it to the World Cup while only one team can/could be the Asian Champion.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KC McElroy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Both answers above are very logical. I want to make some additions. Back then, it was harder to qualify for the world cup. AFC and OFC had only one spot. We didn't enter 1970, we probably would have qualified if we did. In 1974, from what heard we had an unlucky first leg semi-final game against Australia and lost it 3-0. In the return leg, we won 2-0 and that was not enough. Iran was a powerhouse in 1970s. There was a huge gap. The B team was able to beat any other Asian team.
    Anyway, I think the team we had in the late 90s and early 2000s was much stronger than this team. Australia was a superb team and we eliminated them. Some might say we were lucky but, we were very unlucky not to qualify from the group and the playoff against Japan. I don't even want to talk about 2002 (that Bahrain game). We could have eliminated Ireland if Karimi didn't miss those two one on ones in Dublin.
    The team we have now is good but not the best.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    For me winning a silverware is a more special occasion that gives more memories than qualifying especially if you follow a big team that is expected to qualify.

There are some qualifying moments like yours vs Australia or England vs Croatia that are an ever lasting memory for the fans but a title win is memorable every time.

I don't think when you guys booked your place for the last world count as the top three memorable games of Iran ?

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,029 Times in 1,769 Posts
    the reason i am comparing is because back in the late 60s to end of 70s, there were not alot of strong asian teams, and we won 3, but the 1970 world cup ,1974 world up we failed to qualify. however now there is more spots, however now teams have improved and is not as easy as long time ago. that is my atgument i believe qualifying for world cup is harder and is a bigger achievment.

شریف حریف نداره
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,363 Times in 5,542 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    the reason i am comparing is because back in the late 60s to end of 70s, there were not alot of strong asian teams, and we won 3, but the 1970 world cup ,1974 world up we failed to qualify. however now there is more spots, however now teams have improved and is not as easy as long time ago. that is my atgument i believe qualifying for world cup is harder and is a bigger achievment.
    We didn't enter the 1970 World Cup qualifiers. We were in the round of 16 of the 1978 World Cup.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,571 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Being in the world cup is more important the winning the asian cup
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

12. The Following User Says Thank You to persiangodfather For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 Times in 3,653 Posts
    3 AC .… hands down & without a second wasted

Now, if you had said 2 consecutive round of 16 WC, then I'd have chosen that.
    but mere qualifying for WC, vs 3 championships? AC

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Doctor DOOM For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 132

You do not have permission to view the list of names.