Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Round of 16: Iran - Oman; Info, Updates & Live Reports (20.01.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Round of 16: Iran - Oman; Info, Updates & Live Reports (20.01.19)

Match Information
    Game: Iran - Oman
    Venue: Mohammed Bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
    Date: Sunday 20 January 2019
    Local Time: 21:00 GST
    Tournament: AFC Asian Cup 2019
    Stage: Round of 16

Match Report
    Eurosport
    AFC

Officials
    Referee: Cesar Ramos (MEX)

Latest head-to-head results

Facts and figures

Time Zones

Broadcasters
    TV Channels list

Trailer

Thank you so much for this Thread Kiarash jan!
    Before i judge about possible Lineup-Strategies, lets consider these points:
    - We rested one day more than Oman.
    - As CQ said it, he achieved his goal by Rotating the players and involve every single player into our success, which has def. positive impact on Team-Chemistry, as everyone
    feels part of this campaign and get a feeling for the atmosphere. So our "main players'' not just rested one day longer than the Oman Team, yet they had
    also mostly rest in the last game and the last 20 min of our game against Vietnam.
    From this perspective we should have the edge for this game. ( I am not going to comment and count our internal-problems.)
    Oman is a very tricky opponent, many times we struggled against them. My
    Lineup for this game:
    ------Beiro------------
    --M.Hosseini---PAG----
    Rezaian-----------MiMo
    ---Ebrahimi--Haysafi
    Dejagah--Taremi-Torabi
    ------Azmoun----------
    I hope that we can capitalize on Corners, Throw-Ins and Crosses into the box,
    since we have a taller Team and the air-advantage. The only player that can take decent Free-kicks
    and Corners is Dejagah! AJB and Ghoddus suck in this Term, so that we loose a strong tool
    to score if one of these take the Corners.
    I think Haysafi, Dejagah should def. start this game since they are more mature and can help
    us with their Experience. We havent been able to win a Game in the Knockout-stage, since 2006! Sunday we have
    the opportunity to break this negative Record, therefore we have to be mentally prepared.
    Dejagah is our best Player, he should start this game, he gives us much more
    pace, creativity and power in the midfield.
    Ebrahimi and Haysafi should close-up the midfield and secure us the control of the game with their
    physicality.
    Rezaian is more fluid, creative and offensive-minded than Vouria. I have the feeling that Rezaian can take
    better crosses and breakdown the right side. MiMo is our Jordi Alba, speedy, sharp, good crosses, nice tackling,
    good positioning.
    Taremi, Torabi and Azmoun are deadly together. I prefer Torabi over Amiri (he can be key as a sub. player.)

Comment

With all the drama surrounding the team....scoring the first goal is more important than ever.

I get flashbacks of the ugly fight between Badavi and Alavi (or Rezaei ?) in 2004 ... and conceding first here (especially for our team that we almost never trial a game in Asian level these days) could have such an adverse psychological impact and of course Oman would start grass-rolling immediately.

We must start strong, similar to Iraq game. Oman will well know of what's going on with our TM, so they'll be smelling blood. We need to shut them off fast and quick before they get any funny ideas.

Comment

I feel great about this game especially with players like PAG, Ramin, Dejagah, Taremi, Hajsafi getting good rest from the last game.
        I hope we can score quick and early so we can sub out Azmoun and give some minutes to Jahanbakhsh.

If we can get through this game without Ghoddos playing any minutes, that would be great too.

Comment

Wow i just noticed that our last matchup in WCQ was with a lineup that is VERY similar to our current full strength lineup. Azmoun and Saeid looked so young too.

I don’t think our team will be intimidated by our past struggles against them. I expect a more fluid, attacking lineup and a comfortable 2-0, 3-0 win.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
            W

I don’t think our team will be intimidated by our past struggles against them.
            I think so too since their only experience with Oman is a 2-0 win at the very end of the 3rd round of Qualifiers that was tame and comfortable. Hopefully they dont take them too easy.

Comment

What's your guys's expected lineup? I think we will lineup the same way we did against Yemen:

---------------Beiro--------------
              --Ramin--PAG--Hosseini--Ehsan
              ----Dejagah--Omid--Vahid---
              --Torabi--Sardar---Taremi----

Comment

^ really hard to predict. I think he'll keep rotating but will line up sth close to the Yemen match. But I don't dare trying to predict anything anymore.

Comment

I remember their coach pim verbeek when he was coaching SK - they weren't a bad side at all but thats about as much as I know about him.

To our dutch members - how is he regarded in Holland? a no name that isnt known or does he have a reputation?
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Cesar Romos (Mexican) is assigned as the referee for the Iran-Oman match.

https://tamasha.com/v/RNLdA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9sar_Arturo_Ramos

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                      Cesar Romos (Mexican) is assigned as the referee for the Iran-Oman match.

https://tamasha.com/v/RNLdA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9sar_Arturo_Ramos
                      That's the guy who gave Syria a penalty after their own players tripped over themselves.

https://the18.com/soccer-news/terrib...yria-asian-cup

Comment

Biro
                        Ramin-PAG-Kanani-Milad
                        Ebrahimi-Dejagah-Amiri-Haji
                        Azmoun-Taremi

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                          To our dutch members - how is he regarded in Holland? a no name that isnt known or does he have a reputation?
                          Basically a no name in the Netherlands as a head coach. He's mostly known here for being Guus Hiddink's assistant coach and some people might also remember that he used to be South Korea's and Australia's head coach, but that's about it.
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Biro
                            Ramin-PAG-Kanani-Milad
                            Ebrahimi-Hajsafi
                            Torabi - Dejagah -Taremi
                            Azmoun

This is the lineup I would like to see, but I think CQ will go with the PAG/Majid pairing in the back.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                              Biro
                              Ramin-PAG-Kanani-Milad
                              Ebrahimi-Hajsafi
                              Torabi - Dejagah -Taremi
                              Azmoun
                              This is the lineup I would like to see, but I think CQ will go with the PAG/Majid pairing in the back.
                              Kanaani has played back-to-back games, he will go with PAG and Majid.

Comment

Working...
                              X