Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rarely seen Ali Daei Goal against Oman/ One of his best goals ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf9_cnjeXRY

Daei scored this in the qualifiers of the 1996 Asian Cup. I have not been able to find it in better quality but saw this about 15 years ago and to this day think its one of the best goals ever scored by Daei. Everything he does is a masterpiece. What a beauty. Enjoy this and if anyone has a high quality of this goal please post the whole play.

Damn. What a beast. Look at that speed for the big fella! He was quite fast in his younger days. Speed, vision, accuracy. A true goal scorer.

Comment

why was azadi so wild for an asian cup qualifer?!

Comment

Iran vs Oman FULL MATCH - 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifying - March 29, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4Aiil6MCXA

Comment

wow what a strong individual effort
          SHOW TIME!

Comment

Everything Daei did was perfect. That’s what makes this one of his best goals ever. The speed and mobility up front and on the side for for a guy his size is amazing. Y

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
              why was azadi so wild for an asian cup qualifer?!
              I feel like Azadi was just way more raucous in the 90s. It was always packed for friendlies, LG Cups (lol), ACQ and WCQ (whichever round). You can hear how loud it used to get in that clip.

Nowadays, it's different. People show up late, leave early, it's rarely packed, and when it is, it isn't as loud as it should be or used to be. I really have no idea why the sudden change, probably a confluence of factors, but it's definitely noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                I feel like Azadi was just way more raucous in the 90s. It was always packed for friendlies, LG Cups (lol), ACQ and WCQ (whichever round). You can hear how loud it used to get in that clip.

Nowadays, it's different. People show up late, leave early, it's rarely packed, and when it is, it isn't as loud as it should be or used to be. I really have no idea why the sudden change, probably a confluence of factors, but it's definitely noticeable.
                The culture is changing as well. Economic factors. Political. etc.

Comment

Ali Karimi said Ali Daie has never scored a goal dribbling someone. He just dribbled 2 people. Someone send this to him

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
                    Ali Karimi said Ali Daie has never scored a goal dribbling someone. He just dribbled 2 people. Someone send this to him
                    Lol what a weak criticism to make of Daei the Legend.

This is what hypes me when I play against the Spanish guys I play with who think stepovers/nutmegs/dribbles are the be all end all of football. I play a rough CDM role and tackle/press/harass them and its equally as satisfying as scoring.

Daei didn't need dribbles with his insane finishing and positional sense.

Comment

Here is an even older one when he used to wear #9.

Comment

perfect example of what set him apart (along with HASHEMIAN) ... he never gave up .... made something out of nothing.
                        BRILLIANT World Class goal. So glad he is in the record books and gets worldwide recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post

Even for club matches it would be filled to the brim. It's still pretty loud and rambunctious but back then it was a completely different animal.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by beri486 View Post
                            Here is an even older one when he used to wear #9.

Bank Tejarat vs. Keshavarz. It looks like Amjadieh, probably 1992 season.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Thanks for posting the video. I also watched it around 15 years ago when it came out, and I was thinking wow it must be the nicest Daei goal for TM.

Comment

Working...
                              X