Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Group E & Group F Final Matchday [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Group E & Group F Final Matchday [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Oman.png VS Turkmenistan.png

General Info
    Match #33: Oman - Turkmenistan
    Date: Thursday 17th January 2019
    Local Time: 17:30
    Venue: Mohammed bin Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi

Japan.png VS Uzbekistan.png

General Info
    Match #34: Japan - Uzbekistan
    Local Time: 17:30
    Venue: Khalifa bin Zayed Stadium, Al Ain

Group F Info
    Wikipedia

Time Zones
    Los Angeles - Vancouver: 05:30
    New York - Toronto: 8:30
    London - Lisbon: 13:30
    Amsterdam - Paris - Berlin - Stockholm: 14:30
    Tehran: 17:00
    Melbourne: 00:30 [Next Day]

Saudi Arabia.png VS

General Info
    Match #35: Saudi Arabia - Qatar
    Local Time: 20:00
    Venue: Zayed Sports City Stadium, Abu Dhabi

VS

General Info
    Match #36: Lebanon - North Korea
    Local Time: 20:00
    Venue: Sharjah Stadium, Sharjah

Group E Info
    Wikipedia

Time Zones
    Los Angeles - Vancouver: 08:00
    New York - Toronto: 11:00
    London - Lisbon: 16:00
    Amsterdam - Paris - Berlin - Stockholm: 17:00
    Tehran: 19:30
    Melbourne: 03:00 [Next Day]

I don't want Japan and Iran to face each other till the final, so hoping Uzbekistan doesn't loses this

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
      I don't want Japan and Iran to face each other till the final, so hoping Uzbekistan doesn't loses this
      As far as I'm concerned, Iran was bound to play either Australia or Japan in the SF. The dubious nature of Group E playing AFTER Group F means that Saudi Arabia will know how the brackets line up before they play Qatar. Should Japan win and end up in Iran's half, I believe the Saudis will go for the victory over Qatar to face Iraq in the R16 rather than Japan. Else, if Japan does not beat Uzbekistan and Uzbekistan ends up in Iran's half, I think the Saudis will be happy to settle for a draw with Qatar and take on Uzbekistan instead.

There's obviously a chance of both Japan and the Saudis ending up on the bottom half of the draw but I seriously doubt it will happen with Group E playing after Group F.

Comment

Iran pretty much already has a guaranteed spot in the semis.

If Uzbekistan can squeeze out a draw against Japan then Iran will basically have one foot in the final.
        Should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by paas View Post

If Uzbekistan can squeeze out a draw against Japan then Iran will basically have one foot in the final.
          Foolish comment - I guess we can all go to sleep and wake up on Feb 1st to watch the final. Then again, I'd expect nothing less after the nonsense you spewed in the CQ vs Branko thread.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
            Foolish comment - I guess we can all go to sleep and wake up on Feb 1st to watch the final. Then again, I'd expect nothing less after the nonsense you spewed in the CQ vs Branko thread.
            Actually not at all, unless you think Oman/Lebanon and China can give us any form of trouble to reach the semis.
            Yes we got a joke of a draw.

And if I recall correctly, you were the one spewing nonsense in the other discussion and didn’t have anything to say to my point by point response to your nonsense. We’ll leave that for after the tournament though.

Comment

Actually not at all, unless you think Oman/Lebanon and China can give us any form of trouble to reach the semis.
              Yes we got a joke of a draw.

And if I recall correctly, you were the one spewing nonsense in the other discussion and didn’t have anything to say to my point by point response to your nonsense. We’ll leave that for after the tournament though.
              Ideally, they shouldn't. But this is the AFC after all; Saudi Arabia shouldn't have given us a problem in 1996, China shouldn't have given us a problem in 2004, and Iraq shouldn't have given us a problem in 2015. Similarly, Iraq shouldn't have given South Korea a problem in 2007 and UAE shouldn't have given Japan a problem in 2015. Tournaments is filled with surprises and yes, we are all vulnerable depending on the circumstance.

As for the other thread, I didn't bother to respond because there's no point to respond further. You know as well as I that if we wanted, we could probably go back and forth for 300 pages and not budge from our positions. Easiest thing is to just move on.

Comment

Ideally, they shouldn't. But this is the AFC after all; Saudi Arabia shouldn't have given us a problem in 1996, China shouldn't have given us a problem in 2004, and Iraq shouldn't have given us a problem in 2015. Similarly, Iraq shouldn't have given South Korea a problem in 2007 and UAE shouldn't have given Japan a problem in 2015. Tournaments is filled with surprises and yes, we are all vulnerable depending on the circumstance.

As for the other thread, I didn't bother to respond because there's no point to respond further. You know as well as I that if we wanted, we could probably go back and forth for 300 pages and not budge from our positions. Easiest thing is to just move on.
                When we play china, you’ll see what I mean.

And if you didn’t want to respond in the other discussion that’s fine, but don’t turn around and talk shit now.
                If you want to say something then do it in a civilized way.

Comment

When we play china, you’ll see what I mean.

And if you didn’t want to respond in the other discussion that’s fine, but don’t turn around and talk shit now.
                  If you want to say something then do it in a civilized way.
                  Again, I'm not saying we're not a better team than China. But again, it doesn't mean that crazy things can't happen.

And I'm not talking crap now but the problem is you jump from thread to thread with a certain predisposition towards CQ. Just recently, you say that he was outclassed in the managers half in the match versus Iraq. How? He has rotated the squad beautifully and put us in the position we want to be in.

Truthfully, I don't think you're anti-CQ but rather a hardcore Persepolisi; when you only have so many forum posts, it's easy to see where you're coming from.

1. Insinuating that Nekounam's celebration (kissing his blue armband in 2013) was a dedication to Esteghlal fans.
                  Link: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...46#post2060046

2. Attacking respected members on the forum (KC and Rugs), going so far as calling KC "scum"
                  Link: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...30#post2076130

3. You vanish from the forum for 6 years and show back up to write essays on Branko and trash CQ at every give opportunity? I'm sorry but when a member shows up ever so rarely to defend a position so vehemently, I can only imagine that they have some agenda. Your bias permeates everything you write and that's why it's not worth responding to your posts.

Anyway, respond as you wish. I'm done.

Comment

if uzbekistan is first, our bracket is easier. but CQ will drill in all the game we are under dog. but reality is, if saudi dont win also
                    then uppser bracket contender teams are
                    1. iran
                    2. uzbekistan
                    3. qatar
                    4.jordan
                    5. china

while lower bracket have
                    1.saudi
                    2. iraq
                    3.japan
                    4.korea s.
                    5.aus
                    6.uae

hence the lower bracket is much harder. since first game would be
                    japan vs aus in round of 16, saudi vs iraq and quater would be saudi/iraq vs s.korea.
                    even though we are not guantree a final on feb 1, however it is true our path is much much easier,but nothing is guantee

Comment

Again, I'm not saying we're not a better team than China. But again, it doesn't mean that crazy things can't happen.

And I'm not talking crap now but the problem is you jump from thread to thread with a certain predisposition towards CQ. Just recently, you say that he was outclassed in the managers half in the match versus Iraq. How? He has rotated the squad beautifully and put us in the position we want to be in.

Truthfully, I don't think you're anti-CQ but rather a hardcore Persepolisi; when you only have so many forum posts, it's easy to see where you're coming from.

1. Insinuating that Nekounam's celebration (kissing his blue armband in 2013) was a dedication to Esteghlal fans.
                      Link: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...46#post2060046

2. Attacking respected members on the forum (KC and Rugs), going so far as calling KC "scum"
                      Link: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...30#post2076130

3. You vanish from the forum for 6 years and show back up to write essays on Branko and trash CQ at every give opportunity? I'm sorry but when a member shows up ever so rarely to defend a position so vehemently, I can only imagine that they have some agenda. Your bias permeates everything you write and that's why it's not worth responding to your posts.

Anyway, respond as you wish. I'm done.
                      Then don’t respond. Seriously

And you are right. Me saying we basically have a spot on the semis shows I have a certain predisposition towards CQ. Whatever that means.

1. I don’t know where you dug that up from and why you’ve been holding onto it for 6 years, nor do I see how its related to anything, but you can check the link yourself I guess.

2. Right. Respected members that call Iraq “arogh”. Got it.

3. I literally came back to get steaming links to watch the matches and made the mistake of engaging in the “discussions”. Don’t worry I won’t stick around for long.

Comment

Having NK or Lebanon as a Round of 16 opponent would be a dream (neither team has scored, and both have taken a total of 8 shots the whole tournament). Then followed by either China/Thailand...man, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Comment

Matches need to be played out on the pitch. It's very dangerous to think this way. But I agree if Japan goes to the other side of the bracket it would raise our chances to go to the Final at least.

Comment

http://www.the-afc.com/asiancup/matches/2018/983237
                            Japan has changed 10 out of 11 starters from the previous game. Uzbekistan has changed only 5 players.

Comment

Come on Uzbekistan! Come on Saudis!

Comment

Working...
                              X