Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name Your TM All-Star Squad (1998-Present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol someone above says nikbakht hahahahhahaha

Comment

Just a note:

Abedzadeh,was great, greatest in fact, but now I believe Beirnvand is the most solid goalkeeper we have ever had

Karimi and Azizi are both great players, but a combination of both would be disaster; too selfish and complaining players. Just go back and look how much Azizi used to complain / especially in games iran was losing...(he wouldn't give up either and that's why we beat Aussie but he complains all right). As for Karimi? yeah he is great, we all are so proud of seeing 4 Irish players surrounding him and Karimi trying to dribble them all instead of passing the ball (opportunity as space would be open for others), did he ever score against the Irish team though? nope! I would have him sitting on the bench and come in maybe in 80th minute or use him to rest the starting 11.

As for Daei; the guy can't even run. runs like a "ghassab" but for some reason he scores goals. never got that, he is a finisher for sure especially in the air as you all know.....so yeah, I guess he can be in the starting 11.

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
        Name another player that we have had that can run the left flank like Nikbakht.
        "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

----------------------Abedzadeh-------------------------------
          Zarinche........Fekri----------Pashazadeh------Seyed Abbasi
          ----------------------Nekounam-------------------------------
          Navazi-------------------------------------------Nikbakht------
          --------------------Mansourian---------------------------------
          -------------Majidi----------Enayati----------------------------
          "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

--------------Abedzadeh-----------------
            Kaabi----J.Hosseini---PAG--------MiMo
            -------------Nekounam------------------
            Mahdavikia---K.Bagheri------A.Karimi
            ----------------A.Daei--------------------

Comment

Nikbakht, for a two-year stretch, was an absolute handful for opposing defenders. Tall, fast, agile, great in the air, eye for goal, extremely athletic. He was one of our better players during WCQ2002. Very underrated.

Comment

Abed
                Kia - Golmo - Sed Jalal - Minavand
                Bagheri - Ando
                Karimi - Daei - Azmoun - Azizi

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                  Just a note:

Abedzadeh,was great, greatest in fact, but now I believe Beirnvand is the most solid goalkeeper we have ever had

Karimi and Azizi are both great players, but a combination of both would be disaster; too selfish and complaining players. Just go back and look how much Azizi used to complain / especially in games iran was losing...(he wouldn't give up either and that's why we beat Aussie but he complains all right). As for Karimi? yeah he is great, we all are so proud of seeing 4 Irish players surrounding him and Karimi trying to dribble them all instead of passing the ball (opportunity as space would be open for others), did he ever score against the Irish team though? nope! I would have him sitting on the bench and come in maybe in 80th minute or use him to rest the starting 11.

As for Daei; the guy can't even run. runs like a "ghassab" but for some reason he scores goals. never got that, he is a finisher for sure especially in the air as you all know.....so yeah, I guess he can be in the starting 11.
                  really??? on what basis can you say beiranvand is most solid we've ever had? he's only been our #1 for 2-3 years and i don't see him anything more than "strongly above average".

agreed with you on daei. he's the stiffest, most awkward runner ever. the guy is like a dried out sponge, yet somehow he scores. never made sense to me either

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
                    really??? on what basis can you say beiranvand is most solid we've ever had? he's only been our #1 for 2-3 years and i don't see him anything more than "strongly above average".
                    agreed with you on daei. he's the stiffest, most awkward runner ever. the guy is like a dried out sponge, yet somehow he scores. never made sense to me either
                    Bro...

You put Jahanbakhsh next to Karimi, you made me die of laughter for a good 10 minutes

Comment

I doubt you are old enough to remember his games from 2000-2005 for Team Melli.

He was probably the unluckiest TM player in history who got injured before every major tournament. Otherwise he would have shone even more.

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                        I doubt you are old enough to remember his games from 2000-2005 for Team Melli.

He was probably the unluckiest TM player in history who got injured before every major tournament. Otherwise he would have shone even more.
                        He had 1 great year but the other 4 were really really erratic. He was always an exciting player on form and we have some amazing memories (king of jordan salute) I disagree that he patrolled his line as well as suggested because he often made mistakes and that side of the pitch was punished.

Having said that for that 1-1.5 year when he was on-form he was majestic.

Comment

---------------------------Beiranvand--------------------------------
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                          --------------Rezaei----------------------Hosseini-------------------
                          ---Kaebi-------------------------------------------------Minavand---
                          -------------------Bagheri----------Nekounam----------------------
                          ----Mahdavikia----------------------------------------Zandi---------
                          -----------------------------Karimi-----------------------------------
                          -----------------------------Daei--------------------------------------

Coach: Carlos Queiroz

Substitutes:

Goaltenders:
                          Abedzadeh
                          Rahmati

Defenders
                          Zarincheh
                          Golmohammadi
                          Pouraliganji

Midfielders:
                          Estili
                          Dejagah
                          Jahanbakhsh
                          Shojaei
                          Hajsafi
                          Teymourian

Forwards
                          Azizi
                          Hashemian
                          Ghoochannejhad
                          G.R. Rezaei
                          Azmoun

****DREAM TEAM****

Comment

-------------Beiranvand-----------------

Kaabi---Rahman Rezaei---PAG-------MiMo

-------------Nekounam-----------------

Mahdavikia---A.Karimi------Dejagah

----------------Azizi--------------------
                            -------------Hashemian----------------

Abedzadeh was a good keeper, but sometimes too overconfident and this almost cost us VS USA in the world cup (I'll never forget him standing there and just watching the ball as it hit the crossbar). Beiranvand gets the nod instead because he's been very solid, and has that extra weapon with his insane throws.

Rezei is without a doubt the best center back we've ever had. This guy was starring every week for Messina in the Serie A, when it was still a very strong league, and definitely the best defensive league in the world.

For defensive mid it was between Nekounam and Teymourian, but I had to go with the first, simply because i rate him as one of the top 5 - 8 players in Iran's history. What he achieved in the strongest league in the world, La Liga, is simply unparalleled by any Iranian footballer ever. He captained his team in the best league, and took them from religation candidates, to Europa league calibre, all while scoring some of the nicest goals in the league, while being a defensive midfielder! He also crushed in for TM on a regular basis of course.

Mahdavikia is an absolute no-brainer on the right - unmatched in that position

Karimi of course in his prime was the most naturally gifted player we've ever had, and might ever have. - If he was more professional, he could have been a world class star.

Azizi is right behind Hashemian - He was just so lethal with his pace and amazing ball control. Also played in Bundesliga. He was always clutch for us in big games: Scored in both legs VS Australia in 97, also played really well VS USA and was ABSOLUTELY ROBBED of a 100% penalty - Worst refereeing mistake I've ever seen in a game, when it comes to penalties.

Hashemian VS Daei - This one was REALLY tough, because Daei was clutch, and he's a legend. However, Hashemian in his prime was a much more skilled player, just as dangerous in the air (was known as "the helicopter" in the Bundesliga), and was constantly playing in Europe.
                            He was also much more well rounded than Daei because he had exceptional dribbling skills, which added so much more to his game. If he didn't have that exile from TM, and if Branko was insane enough to constantly start grandpa Daei at age 36, Hashemian would have been the main focus of our attack instead and scored way more goals than he did for TM. - Let's not forge the super clutch goals he did score (VS Qatar i think, when we were about to be eliminated in qualifiers - he may have also scored against Jordan in similar situation, and let's not forget his 2 incredibly important goals VS Japan in the qualifiers.

Comment

GK Beiranvand

RWB Mahdavikia
                              CB Rezaei
                              CB Taghipour
                              LWB Hajsafi

CDM Bagheri
                              CDM Nekounam
                              CAM Mobali

RW Kazemian
                              CF Karimi
                              LW Khaziravi

Bench:

Abedzadeh
                              Golmohammadi
                              Hasheminasab
                              Kaebi
                              Minavand
                              Jahanbakhsh
                              Azmoun
                              Hashemian
                              Daei
                              Azizi
                              KHAZIRAVI 4 LIFE !!!!!!!!!

Comment

not funny, i liked Nikbakht also very much, he always gave 100% and was one of the good players which rescued us here and there...specially vs. jordan...when ameer shafiee and co. give us a hard time.... for a left wing Nikbakht Vahedi is a real candidate, he was always there for team melli with heart and run and worked hard.....same for Hossein Kaabi which was our Phillip Lahm for years on the right back, but people name mahdavikia here, although mahdavikia played right wing and middlefield all the years, till he become old and went back to defense again...
                                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X