Our Achilles' heel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Achilles' heel

I am very much worried about discipline and unnecessary risk of getting red cards.

Hosseini could have gotten one against Yemen, Ghoddos today. I've also seen a couple of ellbows thrown and players on yellow cards committing numerous fouls afterwards.

All of this might be normal in England, not necessarily punished by refs, unintential and so on, but knowing our history with poor refereeing at this tournament, I wonder why we take that risk.

I really hope Queiroz addresses this immediately, or it might break our neck.

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
    I am very much worried about discipline and unnecessary risk of getting red cards.

Hosseini could have gotten one against Yemen, Ghoddos today. I've also seen a couple of ellbows thrown and players on yellow cards committing numerous fouls afterwards.

All of this might be normal in England, not necessarily punished by refs, unintential and so on, but knowing our history with poor refereeing at this tournament, I wonder why we take that risk.

I really hope Queiroz addresses this immediately, or it might break our neck.
    It's one of the downsides of being one of the more physical teams in the tournament. We've gotten lucky so far and I hope CQ fixes it because I don't think the 3rd time we will be as lucky.

Comment

Shows we are competitive and fighting hard for the flag. But discipline is always an issue in tournament play.
      Altho GHODDOS today was stupid for what he did. Just like Ezatollahi against China before the WC.

Comment

Energy is so important for this tournament.

The next succession of games ... Round of 16, Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Final will be played fast and furiously! We need the whole squad to win this tournament. There are like 3-4 day rests between each game.

Our next game is on Sunday.

Comment

You have a valid point M-R,
          One of the few criticizes i have about Queiroz is he also is the person who is constantly after the referees and kind of making the players on the field nervous.

Comment

we are not only master of kick and rush, but also kharaki and rush..
            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
            -

Comment

by enlarge its nature of the beast ...!
              our aggressive , all-out-pressing and overall physical style of play lends itself to such incidents...!
              i can imagine Hossaini miscalculating his silly slide tackle but the dumb, clearly Retaliatory, stamp by Samaan today was of the nature that really needs to be addressed by the coaching crew, so it wont repeat itself..!
              aside from those incidents we've done all right i'd say walking the tight rope within our team tactical framework..!!
              to be fair though, Samaan got hacked hard a couple of times prior, upon receiving the ball and ref just blew foul and didnt caution the iraqui players...!
              this time the iraqi player Just managed to time his slide tackle right to take away the ball before taking out Saman again and frustrated by earlier incidents he took exception to that challenge ..!
              beside today, he was the biggest victim of CQ's decision to rest some key offensive starters and was burdened today with way too much responsibilities in MF and Attack with scrubs around him who couldnt carry their weight and combine with him ...!!
              Last edited by BacheLot; 01-16-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Ghodoos and Amiri both will be in the bench for next match
                CQ will risk them getting 2 yellows back to back and get suspended for the
                1/4 finals.

Comment

Unfortunately this has been the case since the first game. our boys need to calm down or it will cost us.

Comment

AFC will wipe all previous cards and suspensions starting with the quarters. So no player is in danger of missing the quarter final game.

Comment

Freak

Are you sure man ?
                      That’s great news then 👌👍

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                        AFC will wipe all previous cards and suspensions starting with the quarters. So no player is in danger of missing the quarter final game.
                        Do they wipe cards after quarters? Or before? I assumed they get wiped out at the quarters means after the quarters, but could be wrong (i.e., the yellow card tally still counts for the QF match and another yellow in QF means missing the SF).

Comment

I believe it is after QF.

Comment

Yes it is AFTER the QF game they get wiped. So if a player gets a second yellow in the QF then they will miss the semi..

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                              After QF games.

Comment

Working...
                              X