Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    just the prospect of having two comparatively less deadly games for our 1/8 and 1/4 finals is something of a gift.

we can afford to still use some squad players off and on, allowing some minutes to our main players to keep them fit. But not so much to tire them.
    That would mean far more fresh legs for th big Semifinal game where our hardest test will be. And having a fit, ready and rested main team is a tremendous advantage.

especially if the semifinal opponent had to go through some rough games in 1/4 finals. (Japan vs Korea? or Japan vs Saudis? … dont remember the bracket). A 120 minute 1/4 final may not be too improbable for them. Which increases our advantage further.

All in all I hope CQ makes use of this advantage properly and finishes our opponents off in the 1st half itself, so we dont have to worry about extra time and … , and keep some deciding players fresh.
    Knowing CQ, there's no way this "cycling players for the sake of keeping them fresh" thing continues into the knockout stages. He's going to field the best 11 that are most capable of winning the game in regulation. He won't "save" players for hypothetical later matches.

Do coaches in the world cup rest players during knockout rounds?

Comment

At last got to watch the game. Congrats to our boys for finishing on top of the group. Also congrats to the Iraqi team for putting up a hell of a fight.
      My take on this game was we were just a bit off, every shot was a foot short or long a bit right or left, tackles were a bit off, everything was a bit off, however we still were able to control the game and reach our goal for the group stages. I know everyone is disappointed for not winning as I am but it's like playing poker some days no matter what cards you draw it's always one short, you get 2 aces someone has a pair, you get a pair some has 3 of a kind so forth and so on. on those days you should just play your cards really close to the chest and your goal should be not to lose. Anyways, I kind of learned what it must have felt like for Morocco, Spain and Portugal fans in the WC. I felt like our boys kind of started to fade as the game went on, that might be a serious issue in the up coming games. If the chance had been scored by Sardar early on, it would have been a totally different game. sorry for the long post. I'm proud as a peacock of our TM love those boys everyone of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        especially if the semifinal opponent had to go through some rough games in 1/4 finals. (Japan vs Korea? or Japan vs Saudis? … dont remember the bracket). A 120 minute 1/4 final may not be too improbable for them. Which increases our advantage further.
        You're definitely right in the fitness advantage, but I think that advantage diminishes when considering Japan and Korea. They have much more modern levels of fitness and stamina compared to other asian countries like the Saudi's. I remember at the world cup everybody was writing off Croatia because they kept having knockout games that dragged into penalties. But then you would see them again in a couple days, still sprinting the full 90. And while I do think Croatia were the exception rather than the rule, I don't think Japan would be very far off in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          Knowing CQ, there's no way this "cycling players for the sake of keeping them fresh" thing continues into the knockout stages. He's going to field the best 11 that are most capable of winning the game in regulation. He won't "save" players for hypothetical later matches.

Do coaches in the world cup rest players during knockout rounds?
          As much as I would like to agree with you on the first part of your post, but in WC there are no 3rd. teams advancing to the knockout round, I am sure if there were such case, most powerhouse teams would have fielded somewhat their B team or rested some of their key players.

Comment

I don't know what there is to rate. Our plan on offense today was Vahid Amriri's long throw ins. that's not going to cut it against any of the top Asian teams.

Comment

Beiranvand - 8.5. Good anticipation for each of the times he was called on. Exudes confidence
              Ghafouri - 6 A few nice overlaps but positioning was poor and right side always seemed to have a gap
              Hosseini - 5.5 Not his usual self. Positioning was odd a lot of the time.
              Kanaani - 6.5 Seemed a very confiden , strong presence but still had 1-2 sootis.
              Mohammadi - 8 Controlled his line perfectly. Flawless defensive performance. Not much attacking threat.
              Cheshmi - 6 Cumbersome, didn't protect his defenders well enough
              Ebrahimi - 6.5 All round midfield role meant he pushed up a lot and got into good positions but not much came out of it
              Amiri - 6.5 Ran around a lot but not enough end product. Throw-ins all good
              Ghoddos - 5 Because of his foul. Corners were also really sub-par. Otherwise played OK
              Jahanbakhsh - 4.5 Not really in the game but he's only just come back from injury so can't blame him
              Azmoun - 8 Miss in the first half was poor. Apart from that hustled, dropped a bit and helped thread balls to people which should have been used better, and even did better headers in our defence than our defenders.

Taremi - 5.5 Didn't really get much of the ball
              Torabi - 6.5 Had an impact and won some dangerous set pieces.
              Dejagah - NoT Rated. Too short to have an impact but helped calm things down

Comment

Originally posted by P-Money View Post
                I imagine whould you say the same if our coach was iranian ?

Truth is Iran could not win and Iraq was much better, you may play for a single point and that was enough but does that explain why you dont have a single combination for 30 minutes of the match and look like you are india playing against brazil ?
                Iran finished first
                Iraq finished second

“It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

wish we switched to 4-4-2 and let Sardar play with another striker....he CANNOT lead an attack all by himself

Comment

What is going on with Hosseini? Since he was benched in Trabzon he isn't the same player.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                      wish we switched to 4-4-2 and let Sardar play with another striker....he CANNOT lead an attack all by himself
                      We pretty much do. The way we're set up, Taremi (and or Ansarifard) pinches in and lets Amiri/Ghoddos occupy the flank to make the cross from the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
                        We pretty much do. The way we're set up, Taremi (and or Ansarifard) pinches in and lets Amiri/Ghoddos occupy the flank to make the cross from the left.
                        We played pretty defensive today. We were clearly going for at least a tie, so we can finish as table-toppers.

In the future, with Taremi there beside Azmoun, we will be more offensive.

Comment

ghoddos did nothing wrong here, he was still in stride when the violent iraqi player tried to injure him. props to ghoddos for not backing down to any of those iraqis that circled him

even tho this game had no meaning i wish we could have put a few passed this soorkah team
                          SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                            We played pretty defensive today. We were clearly going for at least a tie, so we can finish as table-toppers.

In the future, with Taremi there beside Azmoun, we will be more offensive.
                            Yeah, I meant our tactic/s in general.

Today we were trying to counter more than trying to dominate possession in the opposition's half.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam van Dam View Post
                              ghoddos did nothing wrong here, he was still in stride when the violent iraqi player tried to injure him. props to ghoddos for not backing down to any of those iraqis that circled him

even tho this game had no meaning i wish we could have put a few passed this soorkah team
                              Careful, people might say you are under the influence of psychedelics voicing that opinion. I agree, he was going full speed in stride.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                Careful, people might say you are under the influence of psychedelics voicing that opinion. I agree, he was going full speed in stride.
                                Thats why I don't like instant replay used for judging thee sort of situation. They look a lot worse on replay than in real life speed .
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X