Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
    Amin jan, it's good to be firm when it comes to this matter but bigger crimes have been comitted on this forum.
    And that's why he got away with a friendly warning, even though it is not his first time using it on purpose like Nokhodi already mentioned.

===

Message to all:

Please do not keep continuing about this and derailing this thread any further. Thanx.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
      Look, a lot of people would bash our team for what they saw today, but i'll be honest this was exactly what i expected and we must give the squad and coach the proper congratulations.
      1. Our rotation was exactly what was needed for long term fitness through the tournament
      2. We pressured the iraqi goal and negated any opportunities for them to create clear-cut chances.
      3. We showed a very physical, gritty match; reminded me a ton of the game against Portugal. Quieroz tried to emphasize the aerial game as much as possible. Thats really the only option you have when Cheshmi is your holding midfielder.
      4. We nearly scored a few times from the handful of corners, free-kicks, and long throws we got. If we focused a bit more on our delivery and finishing, game could've been settled at a 1-0.
      5. Anybody who expected free flowing football had to have been very unaware of the circumstances. Quieroz was playing for the big picture, and there is a lot of tension between both sides. Tons of fouls, high intensity defensive work, and absolutely 0 risks being taken by either side when going forward.

I can't pick on any individual player since it seemed like one of those games where everybody was adhering to a strict gameplan. My only negative rating would be to Ghoddos who lost his head a bit there and could've easily gotten a red. Top marks for Beiro for being very composed in goal and having strong exits.

We got the job done, with little doubt against it throughout the match. Top of the group, smoother path to the final. Khaste nabashid team melli.
      well said ..

Comment

cheshmi did his job well, but please i hope we dont use him again. start dejagah. everytime i hear his name i think of that bloody damn erfan paydar song he made about dejagah..

Comment

I still think it was a mistake to rest the key players. It was a big risk. But in the end, we got the result, so all done right, retrospectively.

Comment

This kind of the match was expected, so the motivation and avoiding injuries and cards were the reason why we didn't play our best match , so the level of intensity from our side wasn't at it best.
            I missed part of the 1st half but in second we weren't good at all. Have to say this is probably best Iraqi team in last 10 years or more. Lots of skill players.
            My main concern is the defensive midfielder position, Ebrahimi is playing all the matches, and we noticed even in WC during the Portugal match he wasn't at his best. He had great game against Morocco, Ok match against Spain and was so so against Portugal. Plus there isn't anyone really to play next to him to replace Ezzatollahi. Cheshmi, Nourollahi, and Hajsafi are the other options but none are as good as Saeid.

Comment

We rested some key players, and finished top of the group without conceding a goal.

Positives from today:
              - Mohammadi was a solid LB (constantly praised by the commentators as well) hopefully Carlos trusts him and plays him instead of Hajsafi and moves Hajsafi to DM
              - Kananizadegan (cant spell his name lol) is proving to be a solid CB
              - Beiranvand is on his game for this tournament
              - Carlos is trusting Ghoddos to play 90 minutes now
              - Jahanbakhsh finally got some minutes under his belt (Still very rusty)

Negatives:
              - we were beaten on every header
              - We are missing Ezatolahi a lot in the middle, Cheshmi did nothing transitioning from defense to offense
              - Jahanbakhsh still no where close to match fit
              - Carlos did not alter any game plans and the second half we just sat back (was hoping when we saw headers weren't working we would switch up our plays)
              -> The ref, wtf was he doing?

Overall, we should be rested for the next game, and we have an easier route (although Oman is unpredictable), and it is clear exactly where we need to work on, and who is consistently performing and who isn't
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Beiro was solid, two great saves, one good exit, and a couple of good throws plus other stops and play participation that were expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                  I still think it was a mistake to rest the key players. It was a big risk. But in the end, we got the result, so all done right, retrospectively.
                  Why? We didn’t need a win.

Why risk injuring someone like dejagah when a draw would have us top the group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Overall, it's pretty embarrassing if you don't blow out an Arab team, much less tie them. Wtf.

Comment

Has any player so far played 270 min besides Beiranvand?

Amiri by far did the most running, I wonder if there is a place we can look these types of stats up?

Poorest person for me on the field was Cheshmi, but he served his purpose as a anchor in DM. I also expected Taremi to have a bigger impact when he was subbed on.

All in all Iraq will be eliminated in their next game. They burned what ever was left in their tank.

Comment

Originally posted by tehroonieh MD View Post
                        Overall, it's pretty embarrassing if you don't blow out an Arab team, much less tie them. Wtf.
                        I hope you’re kidding.

Did you see how they pressed today ???

They exerted themselves 150%

They are absolutely done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Yellow cards don't expire until after the quarterfinals, so our players with yellows need to be careful.

Comment

The Iraqi coach seemed to have done a good job, organized the players and have ability to steal balls everywhere but he did not teach not using hand just like the Japanese player in Oman game.
                            The referee did not call two penalties after hand ball. So the referee screwed up.
                            Now our players: Yes resting some players was good but CQ probably underestimated Iraqi team. Also I would argue that Bashar had given their coach every tip. The other Iraqi Tareq should have never been brought to Iran. An Iraqi born 25-30 years ago and given the name as Tareq Aziz sounds like his father admired the Iraqi jack ass of the Sadaam era so he gave his son such a name. It is haraam to give salary to such a guy unless he changes his name.
                            Cheshmi had a hard time and always has done it. He cannot shoot the ball coming down from sky or at an angle. He cannot position himselfproperly.
                            Ramin Rezaiyaan missing in the game was so obvious. Voria was not bad but Ramin is one head and shoulder above him.
                            having one in Noke hamleh does not work for us. our crosses and corner kicks were not good enough so . Ghodos not the right guy for corner kicks. You need mahdavikia type person and that is Dejagah.
                            The referee seemed biased and his mistakes of not calling penalty shots psyched up some players and it became rough. The iraqis were trying to start fight to cause red cards. I never forget the time saddamis put electrical cable into the marshlands to fry the Iranian soldiers. Those Iraqis who apologize for the actions of their fathers can be forgiven. Anyway,the esteghlal management needs to use their brains before hiring a guy with the names like saddam or Taregh

Comment

Quite a poor match. Specially the 2nd half.
                              My main observation is if we want to win the games we must try and score within the first 20 minutes. Because the later we score, the harder it gets and the more nervous our team becomes. Had Azmoun's open net header had gone in, the result would have been close to 3-0.
                              Ref we pretty bad too. It is the 2nd time in this competition we have escaped a red card, and I think at least 1 penalty should have been awarded for us.

Also we suck at free kicks and corners, which were our strongest point when the good old Ando used to make goals out of them.

Beiranvand - 7.5
                              Ghafouri - 5.5
                              Hosseini - 5.5
                              Kanaani - 6.5
                              Mohammadi - 6
                              Cheshmi - 6
                              Ebrahimi - 7
                              Amiri - 6
                              Ghodoos - 4.5
                              JB - 5
                              Azmoun - 6

Subs
                              Taremi - 6
                              Torabi - 6

Comment

Alot of people saying that the referee screwed up and didn't call two penalties, but shouldn't we be happy since he missed a red card on Ghoddos?
                                Overall, this referee didn't seem to know what to do.
                                I think it was Ghoddos that was fouled close to the goal, but the foul was given to Iraq, and Amiri got a yellow on a normal challenge for the ball in the air.

Hope we don't get him again if we want fair decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X