X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^it's not worse than the Syria penalty....all over the news here

Comment

Player Ratings:

Beiranvand: 10 Made the difference between us facing easier team rather than Saudi Arabia or Qatar, put us in an easier bracket. Low key thought that was going in, I know for a fact if that was Courtois in goal he would have conceded that header. MOTM FOR ME BEIRANVAND!

Hossieni: 7 Played good and with lots of gheyrat, but his fans know he has waaaaay more in his locker than what he showed us today. Should definitely start rest of our matches and I believe he's been a good boy since the Quieroz mini-time out that was imposed on him.

Kanaani: 8 Was very active and successful in our defensive back line today, credit to Quieroz for unearthing this player. Makes good back up for Pouraliganji/Hosseini, if god forbid something happens.

Ghafouri: 5 Not the same Ghafouri that faced Iraq 4 years ago, that's for certain. While he lacked pace and gave up the pall a couple of times, he did what he needed to do.

Mohammadi: 4 Milad khabi?!?! Pasho soob shod!!! Definitely not his usual self, hope to see improvements from him!

Cheshmi: 3 Not the same Cheshmi from the World Cup, come on man you have got to do better...

Amiri: 2 I'll say this, he did run a lot. But unfortunately this is football, not a marathon... Gave terrible passes, did not read play at all, etc...

Ebrahimi: 5 Last game and the game before that he was Pirlo, today he was just mediocre.

Jahanbakhsh: 1 Had he not been coming from injury and lack of playtime, I would have gave him a 0. But can somebody please tell me when was the last time he had a great, dominant performance for TM? Even when Quieroz plays attacking football in our friendlies man was still invisible. Where as today he wasn't invisible, rather just get giving up the ball and failed to capitalize on that good chance. I wish he was played as 2nd striker, probably was an early match to start him anyway, especially if it's the West Asian Derby :P

Ghoddos: 5 Personally, I think this was a very challenging match for Ghoddos to start in. First real test for him and he did preform to his set standard. Additionally, Ghoddos got very lucky not to have been sent of for his challenge, any other ref it would have been a sending off. 100% Terrible free-kicks from today as well.

Azmoun: 5 Should have done better on that header and not have hit it khakoshi, kind of expected better from him since they were mentioning being on form on TV. But to be fair he did not get too many chances and the kind of service he'd be satisfied with.

Substitutes:

Taremi: 6 Held up the ball well, but needs to do better at short passing...

Torabi: 6 Short bursts forward, once which could have actually been an opportunity.

Dejagah: 6 Not much to say, did what he needed to do.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        Wow, I've seen much worse posts go without any warning. Just so I'm clear, the term "Arab Gulf" is a red line, but people using terms like "rape" to describe a football match routing is tolerated?
        That term doesnt exist so you are talking about non sense, Hense why you should get banned

Rape is fine depends on context
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

We once again showed we are the superior team. We won the group, and Arogh gets a pity second place.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
            To Spyder, in case you don't see your edited post:

Do not use the term A**** Gulf here ever again, not even for "pulling your leg" purposes! You got a friendly warning now, but next time you'll be banned!
            Amin jan, it's good to be firm when it comes to this matter but bigger crimes have been comitted on this forum.
            Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Even the english commentator was talking smack about how horrible the ref was...

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                first one was not a penalty.
                2nd one was. but seeing the crowd around the ball, I can understand ref not seeing it
                I forgot to add the penalty Ebrahimi didn't get when the Iraqi defended tripped up his legs.
                3 calls for a penalty at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                  ^it's not worse than the Syria penalty....all over the news here

lol.
                  that was just ridiculous.
                  he was trying to make amends for a more acceptable call for penalty that he missed.
                  which is even worse as you are not supposed to do that if you're a ref

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
                    Amin jan, it's good to be firm when it comes to this matter but bigger crimes have been comitted on this forum.
                    The user used it on purpose and to be provocative. Its a stupid term and should not be tolerated on this site. User also has a history of being a bigot on this topic.

Comment

Suggestion to Mods: We should have a self defense response whenever someone mentions that fake imaginary phrase that Spyder did.

Something like a window that pops up and plays these videos.

Comment

Beiranvand (7)
                        Kanaani (5)
                        Hosseini (6)
                        Ghafouri (5)
                        Mohamadi (6)
                        Ebrahimi (6)
                        Cheshmi (4)
                        Jahanbakhsh (3)
                        Ghodoos (6)
                        Azmoun (5)
                        Torabi (6)
                        Amiri (4)
                        Dejagah (6)
                        Taremi (5)

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                          Wow, I've seen much worse posts go without any warning. Just so I'm clear, the term "Arab Gulf" is a red line, but people using terms like "rape" to describe a football match routing is tolerated?
                          Yep, you got it right! Although personally I wouldn't use that term, but in footballing terms it refers to "totally overclassing and beating your opponent". However, if someone kept using it in multiple occasions, I'd probably warn them as well.

And I hope I don't need to tell you the sensitivity of using the wrong term A*** Gulf, especially as an Iranian in an Iranian forum.

And also, I'm sure you can imagine the traffic in here during big tournaments. The staff can not read every single post right away. That's why we have a "report bad post" option. So next time you see something that you find offensive, use that option to notify all the staff so we can react (or not, depends on our judgement in that specific case).
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

One thing though, if we want to keep playing this 'result oriented' football, only one outcome is acceptable. Winning the cup, anything else would be a failure.

So let's hope we will the cup

Comment

Beiranvand (8)- Made good saves when ne was needed, made great long throws to start attacks.

Kanaani (6.5) solid defensively but could do better with his passing.

Hosseini (7.5) solid defending and passing.

Ghafouri (6) could have been better, worked hard but wasn’t very effective with the ball

Mohamadi (7.5) shut down his entire flank very well, didn’t let anyone get by him and was annoying the Iraqis all game. Night and day difference between him and Hajsafi.

Ebrahimi (7) fought really hard, played RW at times because JB was literally non existent.

Cheshmi (2) absolutely worthless offered nothing and single handedly ruined the midfield with his lack of speed and vision.

Jahanbakhsh (3) not ready, invisible.

Ghodoos (6) started off really well, iraqis did not give him any space and fouled him at least 10 times. Very reckless foul by him which is why I give the lower rating.

Azmoun (7) did really well to try and get some shots off but ultimately the Iraqis suffocated our attacks by packing the box and not really giving us a way through. Handballs included.

Torabi (6) brought good energy going forward, but had a heavy touch.

Amiri (4) along with cheshmi was the biggest reason the midfield was ineffective. Worked hard as usual.

Dejagah (6) limited time but improved the midfield dynamic, it was obvious that CQ wanted to rest him.

Taremi (5.5) didn’t see much.

Overall, I’ve never seen Iraq put so much effort into a game. It’s as if they were playing a final.

Iraq will be absolutely crushed in their next games because their absolutely maniac pressing in this game has certainly gassed their entire lineup.

As soon as I saw the lineup I knew CQ wasn’t going for the win. He knew that we would tie and top the group. We managed to save important players( PAG, Rezaeian, dejagah, taremi, Torabi) and give them a rest for the knockout stages.

It also seemed like he wanted to give JB and cheshmi playing time but both of them were atrocious.

I was disappointed with the work in the midfield. I think the defense and forward line were solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Bonus Ratings:

Manager: 10 Was well aware of other manager's BS when they said they would only play their B-team and said we too were going to play ours. (#CQMINDGAMES)

Referee: 5 Only giving him a 5 because he did not ekragh Ghoddos Other than that the referee needs to take a hard long look at himself and think about early retirement.

Fans: 10 70% of the stadium belong to us today, we had at least 9,100 fans at the stadium today who were singing and chanting non-stop! Bravo!

Comment

Working...
                                X