3. Amiri has taken a dive in TM usefulness
    4. Cheshmi is not TM material
    5. Ezzi is majorly missed
    6. We don't have any players missing for the next game
    7. We are missing a dribbler ... Gholi
    8. Lots of trust for our goali

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
      Team Melli B team did well. Good game to clear the cob webs before the real action begins.

Some positives some negatives but let’s not look to much into this.

Iraqis have some very very talented players. That 18 year old will go onto become the next Daei of Asian football. Hope he chooses Rangers in Scotland instead of the stupidly rich offer he got to join the Arabian Gulf League. Love to see him in the Persian Gulf League as well, just to see his creativity and energy test Iranian defenders before he shifts off to the big leagues.
      He is 21-22 and there is no interest from the Rangers. It's all agent talk.

And please - comparing him to Daei? Chill out dude.

Also - WTF A**bian Gulf? I hate when you do this Spyder.

Comment

Calm yourselves down people. Some of you complain and worry like a headless chicken.

TM did exactly what it needed to do. Minimum exertion and advanced top of the group. That was the whole point. We are not going to go into gear 2 or 3 or 4 just so we get a "revenge" win like some of you want.

Iraq pushed hard, and they couldn't do anything. They had to win, but they couldn't. They parked the bus and we should have at least a few penalties.

Overall:

Beiranvand - 7. He made one great save, but he was in poor position in the first place. Some of you think he came under a lot of pressure because he was rarely challenged so every save seemed like a big deal.
        Ghafouri - 6.5 Forgets his position defensively too much. Great on the attack.
        Hosseini - 6 - poor positioning and poor in air performance when challenged.
        Kanaani - 7 - good clean work
        Mohammadi - 7.5 - Speedy, great defense and great work on the transitions. His negatives are he makes some errors, but he recovers quickly due to speed.
        Cheshmi - 7 - Was a decent DM. Nothing amazing.
        Ebrahimi - 7 - Great physically. His passes are bad though. Shows why against better teams he's usually a deep lying DM.
        Amiri - 7 - Again, great physical play. Ran and beat every opponent physically.
        Ghodoos - 7 - Great hustle and awareness of space but his final touches and set pieces were bad. Bad tackle by him, needs to keep his cool. AFC will probably ban him now.
        JB - 5.5 - Just wasn't in the game, but that's ok. No one should expect much considering it was his first game in 2 months. He'll get better, probably will be a sub going forward.
        Azmoun - 7.5 - not fed well but did his best

Subs
        Taremi - 7 - Good hustle, but Iraq parked the bus. Hard to find space.
        Torabi, Dejagah - N/A - didn't play enough.

Overall good squad rotation and really smart team tactic to avoid wasting energy.
        This is a very long tournament.
        Tournaments starts now!

Comment

stop expecting too much from Jahanbakhsh, now people have stopped picking an Azmoun and JB is next in line I guess. He just got back!

I would rather pick on Ghoddos, what's up with that behavior? I hope he doesn't get suspended by AFC

Beiranvand 10!
          Dejagah is needed in the game

Overall with the referee's UNINTENTIONAL missed penalties and a free kick in mind, with this lineup and our results, and Iraq not wanting to lose a game but us being okay with a draw with did good!

Comment

Team Melli B team did well. Good game to clear the cob webs before the real action begins.
            Some positives some negatives but let’s not look to much into this.
            Iraqis have some very very talented players. That 18 year old will go onto become the next Daei of Asian football. Hope he chooses Rangers in Scotland instead of the stupidly rich offer he got to join the Zahre Maar League. Love to see him in the Persian Gulf League as well, just to see his creativity and energy test Iranian defenders before he shifts off to the big leagues.
            Correct your post.
            NO such thing as the AR AR League.

You're massive troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              He is 21-22 and there is no interest from the Rangers. It's all agent talk.

And please - comparing him to Daei? Chill out dude.

Also - WTF A**bian Gulf? I hate when you do this Spyder.
              Says 18 here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohanad_Ali

P.s. I love pulling your chain

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                It was our midfield that didn't function properly, and as a result our defense had to suck up the pressure and our offense left in the dark with not being sent the ball.

We had bad crosses, poor direct shots, and overall poor passing. All courtesy of a poor midfield.
                Agreed, the combo of Amiri-Ebrahimi-Cheshmi simply lacks enough technique and quality on the ball to move it into space. Amiri especially looked poor. I think the goal though was never to work it up the way we did against Vietnam. Rather i think it was to maintain a steady, safe defensive block with those players mentioned (who all work very hard and have very physical traits), to loft it towards Sardar and try to win second balls/throw-ins/free-kicks/corner; then, to score from the dead balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                  It was our midfield that didn't function properly, and as a result our defense had to suck up the pressure and our offense left in the dark with not being sent the ball.

We had bad crosses, poor direct shots, and overall poor passing. All courtesy of a poor midfield.
                  I think it's partly due to CQ not wanting too much energy spent for this game. And Cheshmi other than his destructive duties, was abysmal in passing or forward moves. Which reduced our game in the middle of the pitch.

I seriously doubt we would play like this again in games where we need to WIN.

I'm happy we didn't have any injuries, seeing how physical Iraqis played their game.

Comment

A. Beiranvand - 9 MOM
                    V. Ghafouri - 6 - did the basics, gave up the ball alot
                    M. Kanani - 6 - good at defending corners, bad through balls
                    R. Cheshmi - 6 - meh
                    M. Hosseini - 7 - solid defending, good long passes
                    M. Mohammadi - 7 - Talented, but dumb as a rock. would be an 8 if he didn't make so many dumb decisions.
                    O. Ebrahimi - 7 - did what you expect him to do.
                    V. Amiri - 5 - weak, made risky decisions, cried like a baby while contributing nothing. back to his pre-world cup form.
                    S. Azmoun - 6 - didn't score the one sure chance he was given. unfortunately wasn't really given service.
                    S. Ghoddos - 6 - would be a 7 if he didn't make that awful red-card worthy challenge.
                    A. Jahanbakhsh - 4 - Rusty

All subs - 6

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                      Correct me if I am wrong, but has every single player played so far not counting the GKs?
                      masoud shojaei . but apart from him yes

Comment

Says 18 here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohanad_Ali

P.s. I love pulling your chain
                        He is 21-22, read here: https://ahdaaf.me/2017/12/12/the-ira...-the-gulf-cup/

Mohannad is not even his name.

Wait, saying a historically-inaccurate name is pulling my chain?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          Calm yourselves down people. Some of you complain and worry like a headless chicken.

TM did exactly what it needed to do. Minimum exertion and advanced top of the group. That was the whole point. We are not going to go into gear 2 or 3 or 4 just so we get a "revenge" win like some of you want.

Iraq pushed hard, and they couldn't do anything. They had to win, but they couldn't. They parked the bus and we should have at least a few penalties.

Overall:

Beiranvand - 7. He made one great save, but he was in poor position in the first place. Some of you think he came under a lot of pressure because he was rarely challenged so every save seemed like a big deal.
                          Ghafouri - 6.5 Forgets his position defensively too much. Great on the attack.
                          Hosseini - 6 - poor positioning and poor in air performance when challenged.
                          Kanaani - 7 - good clean work
                          Mohammadi - 7.5 - Speedy, great defense and great work on the transitions. His negatives are he makes some errors, but he recovers quickly due to speed.
                          Cheshmi - 7 - Was a decent DM. Nothing amazing.
                          Ebrahimi - 7 - Great physically. His passes are bad though. Shows why against better teams he's usually a deep lying DM.
                          Amiri - 7 - Again, great physical play. Ran and beat every opponent physically.
                          Ghodoos - 7 - Great hustle and awareness of space but his final touches and set pieces were bad. Bad tackle by him, needs to keep his cool. AFC will probably ban him now.
                          JB - 5.5 - Just wasn't in the game, but that's ok. No one should expect much considering it was his first game in 2 months. He'll get better, probably will be a sub going forward.
                          Azmoun - 7.5 - not fed well but did his best

Subs
                          Taremi - 7 - Good hustle, but Iraq parked the bus. Hard to find space.
                          Torabi, Dejagah - N/A - didn't play enough.

Overall good squad rotation and really smart team tactic to avoid wasting energy.
                          This is a very long tournament.
                          Tournaments starts now!
                          why cant we expect more from our team over a war torn Iraq. If you watched the game you should be disappointed. Terrible passing, terrible dribbling. Second half was absolutely dreadful football. Yes we topped the group, but unless apologists like you expect more, we will be happy with tying Iraq. I for one, and many other members want our team to improve and not make excuses. You cant tell me you werent gtting nervous towards the end of the game, they had more possession and even had that great header than beiravand saved. So in other words, expect more.

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                            stop expecting too much from Jahanbakhsh, now people have stopped picking an Azmoun and JB is next in line I guess. He just got back!

I would rather pick on Ghoddos, what's up with that behavior? I hope he doesn't get suspended by AFC

Beiranvand 10!
                            Dejagah is needed in the game

Overall with the referee's UNINTENTIONAL missed penalties and a free kick in mind, with this lineup and our results, and Iraq not wanting to lose a game but us being okay with a draw with did good!
                            Exactly, we need to continue encouraging JB, don't break the man. He's young, needs the experience with TM.
                            Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

CQ got exactly what he wanted! No suspensions , no injuries , rested the players and most importantly got the group leader position ! Also gave playing to Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Game stats Iran v. Iraq:

Shots on target: 1-3
                                Shots off target: 7-5
                                Blocked shots: 7-0
                                Possession: 46-54%
                                Corners: 4-2
                                Offsides: 0-2
                                Fouls: 20-16
                                Yellow cards: 2-3
                                Crosses: 15-15
                                Counter attacks: 1-0