No announcement yet.

Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also what bothered me with this game was that we lost most of the aerial duels, something that we completely dominate Iraq on 4 years ago, and dominate every team in Asia on..

We're also a much taller team so we should've done better.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
      just the prospect of having two comparatively less deadly games for our 1/8 and 1/4 finals is something of a gift.
      we can afford to still use some squad players off and on, allowing some minutes to our main players to keep them fit. But not so much to tire them.
      That would mean far more fresh legs for th big Semifinal game where our hardest test will be. And having a fit, ready and rested main team is a tremendous advantage.
      especially if the semifinal opponent had to go through some rough games in 1/4 finals. (Japan vs Korea? or Japan vs Saudis? … dont remember the bracket). A 120 minute 1/4 final may not be too improbable for them. Which increases our advantage further.
      All in all I hope CQ makes use of this advantage properly and finishes our opponents off in the 1st half itself, so we dont have to worry about extra time and … , and keep some deciding players fresh.

1- I was hoping the table was so that Saudis would play Japan in he 1/4 finals, which would have taxed both the teams greatly.
      seems not so, as their winner would meet Jordan. A far more manageable opponent than each other.

2- as we know now, we meet Oman, followed by China (most probably), which still gives CQ a breathable room for under-taxing our main players (perhaps a half or so) to keep their legs fresh for the semis.
      Not bad.
      Not discounting Oman or China. But nobody can argue this isn't easier than our usual quarter-final opponents, south korea.
      And I'm not saying we take it easy either. It's just that the amount of pressure and strain upon our lads is thankfully less.

3- to answer Ramingeles, No. WC hardly has such disparity in quality between teams in the knockout stage. But seeing the likes of Thailand, oman, Bahrain, Kyrgizstan, …., so YES, in THIS asia cup, we can afford to under-use some main players and still get the job done.

4- I think we all can agree the most probable semifinal line up would be
      Iran-Japan
      Aussies-SKorea
      which makes for a mouth watering tourney finale

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        4- I think we all can agree the most probable semifinal line up would be
        Iran-Japan
        Aussies-SKorea
        which makes for a mouth watering tourney finale
        I am sure the semi final won't be those one. I bet Qatar will upset some of the favourites

Comment

^ Qatar beating SKorea?
          well, I'm not too sure.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
            we dont have another striker option besides Azmoun?

God he sucks
            Probably the dumbest post I've read on this forum this year, and looking at the general forum, that's saying a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              this is a mockery of an interview on sardar's part instead of showing some respect he's talking sh!t after he got shut down....what a sore loser shows he still hasn't grown up. what was worst of all when tarek came by and the interviewer praised him and said what a good game he played Sardar could barely speak. khaak to saresh is all I can say.....he should take notes from beiranvand's post match interview!
              He's competitive and when he's in this kind of mood, he plays better IMO. So I'm all for it.

Comment

I love Sardar's response: film hendi kheyli zeyad bazi mekard!

Damesh garm, some are too cordial after the game - forget that. He's got tiger blood.

Comment

I think some of us are overrating Sardar a bit.

He’s more of a target-man than a complete all-round striker like Son for example.

Yes, he is a very good finisher, he can put the ball in the net almost as good as any world class striker, especially with headers. (I think his aerial game is his best skill.)

But he seriously lacks quality in ball control and link-up play. This is his biggest weakness. From what I’ve seen from him so far he’s not a good dribbler and a bad passer. If he can fix this part of his game then I believe he can be world class.

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar R View Post
                    I think some of us are overrating Sardar a bit.

He’s more of a target-man than a complete all-round striker like Son for example.

Yes, he is a very good finisher, he can put the ball in the net almost as good as any world class striker, especially with headers. (I think his aerial game is his best skill.)

But he seriously lacks quality in ball control and link-up play. This is his biggest weakness. From what I’ve seen from him so far he’s not a good dribbler and a bad passer. If he can fix this part of his game then I believe he can be world class.
                    Completely different players. Son is more of a CAM, or winger. Sardar is a target forward. Big difference.

His link-up play is pretty good too, he has 4-5 assists for Rubin this year and that's saying a lot considering they average one goal per match. I think Sardar can improve his body strength, but I genuinely don't think he's being over-rated on these boards. He's that good. Pure natural talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                      Probably the dumbest post I've read on this forum this year, and looking at the general forum, that's saying a lot
                      Azmoun doesnt suck? He plays for a crap Russian team. If he was good he'd be playing in a better team after his CL performances. He has regressed and im not impressed w goals on Vietnam. Lets see if he can score against likes of Korea, japan, Australia
                      Would love it if he proved me wrong. But dont let ur man crush on him distract u from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                        He's competitive and when he's in this kind of mood, he plays better IMO. So I'm all for it.
                        last time he was in this mood he packed his bag and went home crying to his momma
                        SHOW TIME!

Comment

Azmoun doesnt suck? He plays for a crap Russian team. If he was good he'd be playing in a better team after his CL performances. He has regressed and im not impressed w goals on Vietnam. Lets see if he can score against likes of Korea, japan, Australia
                          Would love it if he proved me wrong. But dont let ur man crush on him distract u from the truth.
                          You sound clueless. He had offers for better teams but didn't take them, which was a mistake on his part but is not at all down to his quality or lack thereof according to you. You're not impressed with goals against Vietnam? Lol, well he should just pack up and go home shouldn't he? Because he has had the opportunity to score against other teams in this tournament has he? We've played 3 games and he has scored 3 goals. You saying he sucks because he "only" scored against Vietnam is the most logically inept argument I have ever heard. FYI he has scored two times in two games against Korea.

In case you needed a lesson on how football works, the striker doesn't just dribble past everybody and score. As a Juventus fan whose strikers do the complete opposite of this (Ronaldo, Mandzukic), you should know that better than anyone. Strikers need service. In CQ's defensive system, he has become Iran's third highest scorer I believe, and has one of the top goal to game ratios to boot. I think that's enough in terms of facts on why he doesn't suck. So no, the truth is he is one of the best strikers we have ever had and he is younger than when Ali Daei started his career. I don't have a man crush on him, I just recognize his quality and appreciate that we have a player like him on our team.

And LOL at crap Russian team. Sorry, I didn't know the rest of our team plays for Barcelona and Real Madrid. If he sucks, then 1) what do you have to say about the rest of our team, and 2) why are you even following Iranian football. We are not exactly Germany with a star-studded team for you to say Azmoun sucks based on the club that he plays for.

Comment

agreed. members here are already saying he's better than daei and is our best talent ever, but I've still yet to see him come up big for us like daei and gucci have.

2 goals vs vietnam doesn't mean shit, just like daei's 4 goals vs laos doesn't mean shit, but at the end of the day daei scored meaningful goals in the asian cup for us. hope sardar can come up big this time around.
                            SHOW TIME!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                              Completely different players. Son is more of a CAM, or winger. Sardar is a target forward. Big difference.

His link-up play is pretty good too, he has 4-5 assists for Rubin this year and that's saying a lot considering they average one goal per match. I think Sardar can improve his body strength, but I genuinely don't think he's being over-rated on these boards. He's that good. Pure natural talent.
                              Kasra always dropping the truth.

Comment

This is going to sound harsh but some of the responses here makes me wonder if people are just uber-trolling or, I've got to say it, a bit stupid. Im aging a month reading some of these

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X