Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran vs Iraq Post Match Ratings

Post your ratings in here!

My takeaway was that everyone was poor for the most part, but it was a tough game that we can learn from and we do have the easy bracket.
    PAG, Ramin, Dejagah, Taremi need to start again next game

Beiranvand was the MotM and was the key to us winning our group. Be grateful we have a GK like him for another 7 years or more.

Amiri = mindless
    Cheshmi = He does not belong to TM

Ezatolahi = if we don't win this cup, because we have a gap in the middle. No one seem to be able to fill his position.

Comment

We got the job done and we rested important players like Dejagah, Taremi and Rezaian. Alireza got his feet wet, although his performance was not good at all.

Onwards and upwards!

Comment

irmatov 0/10

SHOW TIME!

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but has every single player played so far not counting the GKs?

Comment

I barely even noticed Jahanbakhsh until he got subbed..

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
              Correct me if I am wrong, but has every single player played so far not counting the GKs?
              Shojaei?

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                Amiri = mindless
                Cheshmi = He does not belong to TM

Ezatolahi = if we don't win this cup, because we have a gap in the middle. No one seem to be able to fill his position.
                Ezatolahi is easily our biggest lost.. Hopefully Hajsafi can play in the CDM role next to Omid.
                I will say Cheshmi is a better alternative than Nourollahi

Comment

Not much from ARJ in this game.

MilMo had some good stops.

Kannani played well and showed he deserves a spot in the team.

Comment

I didn't expect a pretty game, for many obvious reasons.
                    1- we only needed a draw.
                    2- it is still Iraq and they come in full force , no matter what stage
                    3- some coaches try to rest certain players for later stages
                    rest assured, we WONT see this Iraq ever again during the rest of the tourney.
                    they killed themselves with their press all over the field. Which means they will have nothing in the tank for the next game. I predict an early exit for them.

That press denied a lot from our experimental line up.
                    cheshmi at DM, kanaani at CB, Hosseini still not what he was at WC, Ghodoos in the process of fitting in, …
                    all point to a line up we may not see again in the upcoming games

I expect better games from our main lineup.
                    Hopefully Saman will fit in quickly as he seems a very capable and classy player with lots of one touch passing that TM needs up front.

As for JB, I'm thinking he (and CQ) decided to not push too hard and go past his 2nd gear. I think we'll see the old JB soon, tearing sh*t up

Comment

At least we can say, Kanaani is a much better selection than Khanzadeh

Comment

Look, a lot of people would bash our team for what they saw today, but i'll be honest this was exactly what i expected and we must give the squad and coach the proper congratulations.
                        1. Our rotation was exactly what was needed for long term fitness through the tournament
                        2. We pressured the iraqi goal and negated any opportunities for them to create clear-cut chances.
                        3. We showed a very physical, gritty match; reminded me a ton of the game against Portugal. Quieroz tried to emphasize the aerial game as much as possible. Thats really the only option you have when Cheshmi is your holding midfielder.
                        4. We nearly scored a few times from the handful of corners, free-kicks, and long throws we got. If we focused a bit more on our delivery and finishing, game could've been settled at a 1-0.
                        5. Anybody who expected free flowing football had to have been very unaware of the circumstances. Quieroz was playing for the big picture, and there is a lot of tension between both sides. Tons of fouls, high intensity defensive work, and absolutely 0 risks being taken by either side when going forward.

I can't pick on any individual player since it seemed like one of those games where everybody was adhering to a strict gameplan. My only negative rating would be to Ghoddos who lost his head a bit there and could've easily gotten a red. Top marks for Beiro for being very composed in goal and having strong exits.

We got the job done, with little doubt against it throughout the match. Top of the group, smoother path to the final. Khaste nabashid team melli.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                          Masoud Shojaei has not played.

Comment

Team Melli B team did well. Good game to clear the cob webs before the real action begins.
                            Some positives some negatives but let’s not look to much into this.
                            Iraqis have some very very talented players. That 18 year old will go onto become the next Daei of Asian football. Hope he chooses Rangers in Scotland instead of the stupidly rich offer he got to join the Edited - A*** Do not use this term here ever again! Friendly warning! - Amin Gulf League. Love to see him in the Persian Gulf League as well, just to see his creativity and energy test Iranian defenders before he shifts off to the big leagues.
                            Last edited by Amin_; 01-16-2019, 11:32 AM.

Comment

It was our midfield that didn't function properly, and as a result our defense had to suck up the pressure and our offense left in the dark with not being sent the ball.

We had bad crosses, poor direct shots, and overall poor passing. All courtesy of a poor midfield.

Comment

Working...
                              X