Im worried about fatigue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    what kind of BS is this?what does football got to do with politics?
    LOOOOL Ehsan you are an absolute treasure

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      With 5 key players being injured thats going to put a ton of pressure on our starting 11. We don't have much of a deep bench.. im worried about the impact. And for this reason We are the under dogs
      I think saying "5 key players being injured" somewhat underestimates the talent level and determination of the rest of the team. If Jahanbakhsh returns soon, we might only be ruing the absence of Saeed and Gholizadeh. Still, my biggest fear is not fatigue, as Queiroz has placed his entire team on guard, and he's been rotating the players quite effectively-at least by the account of many experts on this site. I am actually wearier of the emergence of a number of Arab teams, including Jordan, UAE, and Qattar, to name a few. These three teams have spent some time and resources building their soccer infrastructure and, based on their performances so far, have performed quite admirably. And at this tournament, their resolve seems to have grown even stronger simply because they're competing on Arab soil. Many Arab teams also have a tendency to put it into high gear when they face Iran, and that makes the competition even more engaging.

Iran, coached by a great tactician, is certainly in a good position to exploit its myriad advantages-its mental and physical prowess, its tactical superiority, and the invaluable experience it has garnered in a world-class competition, to name a few-to overcome the adversities. I just hope that they'll be able to maintain their poise and refrain from committing the costly errors of the past tournaments, especially yellow/red cards and missed penalties, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
        Honestly there is no thing as weaker or stronger in this tournament ! all teams are ready to win. And from my experience you can't never ever take a game easy in this asian cups , there is always something (god forbid) that mess up our plan!

few times the ref
        few times our own stupid players
        And few surprises !

as CQ said we should play every game as its our final game. You migh think oman , lebanon or even china are easy opponent but trust me in 90 minutes in asian cup anything could happen. No easy games, no matter how good we are.
        i didnt said there are weak teams... all opponents are tough to play against. but there is definitely a difference between playing yemen or playing japan....

thats why i think it is better to miss 1-2 players in the next round instead of missing 1-2 players against japan, s.korea etc.

Comment

I just wanted to bring this up now that im over the asian cup debacle. Clearly i was right and we were fatigued. Not having ezzatollahi and gholizadeh was the nail in the coffin. We were thin at centre mid position. Fatigue was a problem for all 3 goals vs japan.
          Hope wilmots can fix this but i doubt it. I really think we dont even qualify for next world cup
          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

We are starved in midfield anyway and have been for over a decade. There is no one coming through in central midfield, not even on the flanks. A lot of our best players are more wing-forwards rather than left or right pistons.

Ezatollahi is great, I love him, but he still has some development to do. And in any case he is more of a defensive midfielder.

We need something special at grass-roots level or the next decade will be very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              We are starved in midfield anyway and have been for over a decade. There is no one coming through in central midfield, not even on the flanks. A lot of our best players are more wing-forwards rather than left or right pistons.

Ezatollahi is great, I love him, but he still has some development to do. And in any case he is more of a defensive midfielder.

We need something special at grass-roots level or the next decade will be very disappointing.
              Shekari to me is the total package. If he can just get some valuable games and experience. Strong, good hold up and creative play, great shot, normal speed...
              A shame he's being benched in Kazan so much.

Comment

Yes, Shekari looks like he could be the complete midfielder in the Bagheri mould but still has a looooot of development to do, particularly in the conditioning/physical aspects of the game.

My biggest worry is that our previous coach, much as some here hated him, managed to eke out far beyond the sum of the parts for our national team.

I.e. we have been hugely overachieving given the players we have (this guy really got every single ounce of skill in people like Ebrahimi and Amiri who I don't think would be near our 1998-2008 squads), and suddenly we might go into a relative freefall. I really hope not...

Comment

Everybody wants to be a winger like cristiano ronaldo but mobody wants to be a gattuso gerrard yaya toure cambiasso ETC
                  Those positions are must have for a winning team
                  WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                    I'm far more worried about temperament and mentality than squad depth.

CQ has developed a robust system of play and squad that can adapt to both the opponents and the players we have available that is perfect for this type of draining tournament football.

From our showing so far I think we need to improve the mental aspect significantly - both with respect to remaining calm and not reacting to opposition or referee provocation and being resilient and confident enough to believe we can beat any team.

Ideally we need some sort of Tibetan guru to lead the team on a group mindfulness session before each game.
                    And you were right we messed up mentally and we were fatigued
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I just wanted to bring this up now that im over the asian cup debacle. Clearly i was right and we were fatigued. Not having ezzatollahi and gholizadeh was the nail in the coffin. We were thin at centre mid position. Fatigue was a problem for all 3 goals vs japan.
                      Hope wilmots can fix this but i doubt it. I really think we dont even qualify for next world cup
                      As KC would say you are incorset- had absolutely nothing to do with fatigue. That loss was due to a mental failure CQ had failed to address some our match against Morocco. Nothing more nothing less
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I saw a photo on pfdc twitter. Rezaei ezzatollahi gholizade and 2 others i cant remember who are injured for this.

How are we deep at cm position? Amiri and ebrahimi and dejagah will be dead tired if we go far. Also at striker positikn we have 2 strikers taremi and azmoun.
                        Like I called it in 2019 asian cup, major reason we lost was we have no depth at CM with injuries at the time and right now we have Ezzatollahi who is decent at centre mid. We need CM like Ando, Neku, Ebrahimi, Amiri. That performance those lads gave us in the centre mid from 2014 until 2019 was amazing but we are gonna have a huge gap in CM position. We have fire power, a goalie and some wing back but that centre mid position that requires a gattuso is not there.. Please advise me of any players on your radar for CM and I will dis regard posts with Nourollahi
                        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Like I called it in 2019 asian cup, major reason we lost was we have no depth at CM with injuries at the time and right now we have Ezzatollahi who is decent at centre mid. We need CM like Ando, Neku, Ebrahimi, Amiri. That performance those lads gave us in the centre mid from 2014 until 2019 was amazing but we are gonna have a huge gap in CM position. We have fire power, a goalie and some wing back but that centre mid position that requires a gattuso is not there.. Please advise me of any players on your radar for CM and I will dis regard posts with Nourollahi
                          Don't worry. Dejagah will join Esteghlal...regain beast mode and then join our WC team and create magic...can you imagine??? Lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                          X