Round of 16 bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by freak View Post
    If Korea and Saudi win, and Iran draw or win, and Japan lose to Uzbekistan, all of the favorites will end up on the other side of the bracket. The "toughest" team we will face all the way to the final would be historically second-tier teams. Of course, this doesn't mean anything because all is possible in the knockout stages. I'm also pretty sure AFC will not let Iran win this tournament no matter how easy the path to the final is but still, something to think about:
    To be honest, I don't even want this bracket for TM. It will dilute our finals appearance (e.g., "Iran had the easy side of the bracket and didn't play anybody good until the finals"), and it may cause our players to become complacent and under-estimate our opponents and look forward to the final in advance.

Comment

https://www.bovada.lv/sports/soccer

South Korea has better odds to beat China tomorrow than Iran has to beat Iraq. In a sense that's a good thing. I hope both Iran and Korea are winners tomorrow.

However the following day Japan is heavily favored against the Uzbeks which I don't understand that high of a difference between the two.
      click All in front of (NEXT 24) and you'll see the odds to all Asian cup games.

Comment

we will win the Asian Cup we are meany years number 1 of ASIA and TOP we must show it this time. I hope we get easy team in the next round

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
          At the end of the day it doesn’t matter who we play after beating Iraq

We are a head and shoulder better than all of them
          Jenabeh Sarbaz aziz thank you sir, exactly right.

Comment

this game is a rivalry duel, I can see a draw here or a late winner for us. We are head and shoulder better than them but they have spirit , and a lot of fire when it comes to playing mighty Iran.

Comment

My perdiction is 1-0 Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                To be honest, I don't even want this bracket for TM. It will dilute our finals appearance (e.g., "Iran had the easy side of the bracket and didn't play anybody good until the finals"), and it may cause our players to become complacent and under-estimate our opponents and look forward to the final in advance.

Exactly. We need at least one powerhouse in our bracket.

Comment

2-0 Iran 🇮🇷

Comment

i think 2-0 iran also

Comment

CHN - THA
                      KOR - BAH

are confirmed now.

IRI must win group to avoid KOR until the final.

Comment

^ I don't think Korea vs. Bahran is yet confirmed.

for that to happen, either of the following 3 scenarios should happen in terms of which 3rd teams advances: A B C D , A C D E , A C D F (which is likely).

Right now for us, if we win our group, the options are: 14% Palestine, 57% Lebanon and 29% Oman (assuming Lebanon and Oman both finish third).

We'll have a clearer picture after the Yemen - Vietnam match as it could knock Palestine out and eliminate another possibility

Comment

UAE vs. Kyrgyzstan next round is looking very likely and can be confirmed later today providing Vietnam don't beat Yemen by 3 goals or more.

Comment

Comment

So it looks like we will play either Oman/Turkmenistan or maybe Lebanon/North Korea

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                                So it looks like we will play either Oman/Turkmenistan or maybe Lebanon/North Korea
                                Let's hope North Korea make it, lol.

The easier the route, the better!

Comment

Working...
                                X