No announcement yet.

Round of 16 bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi and Qatar now aren't the brothers of 2 years ago.

They are almost blood enemies now for the time being (at least temporarily) , so I'm certain neither side will want to be humiliated or lose to the other one.

Comment

Saudi usually wins these sort of games. They're good with mind games. They maximize their talent.

The stadium will also completely be against Qatar.

Comment

it's really hard to predict UZB-JPN, KOR-CHN and QAT-KSA. matches mostly because the better team is in 2nd place and has to win to finish first in the group. but here is my prediction about the rest of the bracket

Thailand vs 2nd Group C (CHN/KOR)
        Iran vs Lebanon
        Jordan vs Bahrain
        1st Group F (JPN/UZB) vs 2nd Group E (KSA/QAT)
        -----------
        1st Group C (CHN/KOR) vs Oman
        1st Group E (KSA/QAT) vs Iraq
        UAE vs Vietnam
        Australia vs 2nd Group F (JPN/UZB)

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
          Saudi and Qatar now aren't the brothers of 2 years ago.

They are almost blood enemies now for the time being (at least temporarily) , so I'm certain neither side will want to be humiliated or lose to the other one.
          Saudis hate Qatar now more than Iran. That's how bad it is.

Comment

This site has a good simulator.

https://ultra.zone/AFC-Asian-Cup-201...-Stage#group=f

Based on my picks, we'll play Oman in the round of 16 as long as we finish first.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              Saudis hate Qatar now more than Iran. That's how bad it is.
              Like a mob leader when one of the henchman speak out of turn

Comment

I can tell you guys that AFC isn´t interested in a Japan - Saudi Arabia match up in the Round of 16. In case Japan beats Uzbekistan and tops their group, get ready for some dubious calls in Saudi Arabia - Qatar in favour of the Saudies so they can top the group and avoid Japan.

Hosts UAE are pretty weak this year and won´t challenge for the title. Hence AFC and the hosts will do everything possible to push at least Saudi as far as possible.
                A Saudi Arabia - Japan match up in the Round of 16 at this point is pretty much unwanted.

On the one hand they want Saudi Arabia to stay in the torunament as long as possible on the other side a dozen of Japanese companies are sponsoring the Asian Cup and are official partners. Therefore AFC isn´t interested in an early elimination for Japan.
                I think UAE won´t allow Qatar to go very deep in their "own tournament".

They would make sure Qatar meets Japan in the Round of 16 and gets eliminated early if Japan tops their group.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
                  I can tell you guys that AFC isn´t interested in a Japan - Saudi Arabia match up in the Round of 16. In case Japan beats Uzbekistan and tops their group, get ready for some dubious calls in Saudi Arabia - Qatar in favour of the Saudies so they can top the group and avoid Japan.

Hosts UAE are pretty weak this year and won´t challenge for the title. Hence AFC and the hosts will do everything possible to push at least Saudi as far as possible.
                  A Saudi Arabia - Japan match up in the Round of 16 at this point is pretty much unwanted.

On the one hand they want Saudi Arabia to stay in the torunament as long as possible on the other side a dozen of Japanese companies are sponsoring the Asian Cup and are official partners. Therefore AFC isn´t interested in an early elimination for Japan.
                  I think UAE won´t allow Qatar to go very deep in their "own tournament".

They would make sure Qatar meets Japan in the Round of 16 and gets eliminated early if Japan tops their group.
                  There is conspiracy behind this Tournament at all. Look how many bad calls arab Teams got.

Badcalls can also happen because of incompetence no need to speculate on some "poshte parde"
                  fixtures.

Comment

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter who we play after beating Iraq

We are a head and shoulder better than all of them

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                      There is conspiracy behind this Tournament at all. Look how many bad calls arab Teams got.
                      Badcalls can also happen because of incompetence no need to speculate on some "poshte parde"
                      fixtures.
                      Those Arab teams were Lebanon, Syria and Oman. All more or less meaningless nations in the AFC.

Cup has been highly political since ever.

Nobody can tell me that it is a coincidence that Iran or even South Korea haven´t won this competition for decades.
                      You don´t find it strange that we played South Korea in basically every Asian Cup since 1996? AFC loves it when Iran and South Korea eliminate each other.

UAE and Saudi Arabia rule the AFC. From the East Japan has a lot of power.

Comment

the perfect path is

Korea win vs. china
                        Japan not win and become second in the group and play australia in the next stage.
                        saudis win vs. qatar and play iraq in the next stage and the winner play korea probably..
                        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          This site has a good simulator.

https://ultra.zone/AFC-Asian-Cup-201...-Stage#group=f

Based on my picks, we'll play Oman in the round of 16 as long as we finish first.
                          According to this simulator if all favorites win their remaining games and we tie with Iraq we will get Lebanon in the next round, winner of Thailand vs China in the quarters and the winner of Japan/Qatar-Bahrain/Jordan in the semis.

Comment

If Korea and Saudi win, and Iran draw or win, and Japan lose to Uzbekistan, all of the favorites will end up on the other side of the bracket. The "toughest" team we will face all the way to the final would be historically second-tier teams. Of course, this doesn't mean anything because all is possible in the knockout stages. I'm also pretty sure AFC will not let Iran win this tournament no matter how easy the path to the final is but still, something to think about:

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                              If Korea and Saudi win, and Iran draw or win, and Japan lose to Uzbekistan, all of the favorites will end up on the other side of the bracket. The "toughest" team we will face all the way to the final would be historically second-tier teams. Of course, this doesn't mean anything because all is possible in the knockout stages. I'm also pretty sure AFC will not let Iran win this tournament no matter how easy the path to the final is but still, something to think about:

[ATTACH]18385[/ATTACH]
                              Hence may Iraq coach "rest" his players against Iran just to "save" their legs in the bracket of death. Such an insecure hypocrite of a coach he is!

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post

[ATTACH]18385[/ATTACH]
                                Japan finishes second even if they draw Uzbekistan.

Comment

Working...
                                X