Day 6 [AFC Asian Cup 2019] - Date, Time, & Live Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
    Assuming this holds and we won't have any more surprise results in this group, fair to say the 3rd team in group B won't be one of the ones progressing to the next round.
    Palestine beating a not-motivated Jordan won't be a surprise. Jordan will even secure the 1st place in the group and I think they will rest their main players for Palestine match.

Comment

with this win
      Jordan secures first place, as best Australia can do is 6 points and head to head is the first tie breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by rdwrrr View Post
        with this win

Jordan secures first place, as best Australia can do is 6 points and head to head is the first tie breaker.
        Yup, if Australia win tomorrow vs. Palestine, they need just a tie vs. Syria to go ahead as second placed team. They will end up on the other side of the bracket (meaning, we can only meet them in the Final), if Iran tops their group.

Comment

Saeed Murjan almost makes it 3-0.

Comment

It's a shame they have advanced.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
              Am I the only one who thinks Australia beating Palestine tomorrow isn't a given ?!

I mean, if you look at their results in Middle East since joining AFC, Australia has really struggled with all sort of Arab teams when playing in MENA.
              Nothing in life is given never mind a football game result.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                It's a shame they have advanced.
                Why? they beat Australia!

Also I take teams like Jordan, Syria and Iraq anytime over southern Persian Gulf countries!

And don't forget as former colonies of the Iranian empires they got the genes (look at it that way )

Comment

With Syria losing to Jordan, the third place team from this group may not even make to the next round if Aussies win their next two game and Jordan tie or win against palastines.

Comment

Aussies can still be first -- if they score more goals, the first tie breaker is Goal Difference.

Comment

I wouldn't put it past Jordan to play poorly against Palestine. Jordan is half Palestinian in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                        Aussies can still be first -- if they score more goals, the first tie breaker is Goal Difference.
                        Nope. head to head

Comment

Watching the Jordan fans. Getting very cocky now and looking at title. I’m impressed. Imagine TM Jordan in final ! ....

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_A...up#Tiebreakers

iebreakers
                            Teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss), and if tied on points, the following tiebreaking criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine the rankings:[4]

Points in head-to-head matches among tied teams; Head to Head
                            Goal difference in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
                            Goals scored in head-to-head matches among tied teams;
                            If more than two teams are tied, and after applying all head-to-head criteria above, a subset of teams are still tied, all head-to-head criteria above are reapplied exclusively to this subset of teams;
                            Goal difference in all group matches;
                            Goals scored in all group matches;
                            Penalty shoot-out if only two teams are tied and they met in the last round of the group;
                            Disciplinary points (yellow card = 1 point, red card as a result of two yellow cards = 3 points, direct red card = 3 points, yellow card followed by direct red card = 4 points);
                            Drawing of lots.

Comment

India is playing really good, 2 huge chances for India

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know we are all cheering for India, rightfully so, but I want UAE to win. Don't want them on our side of the bracket - so they need to finish first. They suck, but they have refs on their side.

Comment

Working...
                                X