Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Assuming we finish first which 3rd place team would you like us to face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NFL View Post
    I don't give a crap! a team that is aiming for the cup don't give a crap either!
    We have waited for 40 some odd freaking years and if we are gonna win it, I want it done in a grand fashion.!!!!!!!!!
    beat KSA, Australia, Japan, Korea .. who else is left?
    bring them on! We wana fuck asia up!!!!!!!!!!!
    Only possible if refs allow this.

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
      Only possible if refs allow this.
      ref and stupidity of our own players!!

Comment

Originally posted by Surenas View Post
        Fair football? I remember Grass rolling in Ashgabad, even Bahrain wouldn't win this contest against them
        And we played terribly there. Our entire attack was off of BASED GOD Khosro Heydari's awful crosses. I'd say we can take a 2-0 easy against them if we play with our heads.

A lot easier than dealing with Arab teams who literally only exist to screw us over.

Comment

this is unlikely for us to play 3rd placers from Group B. (only if 3rd placer from both E and F don't make it)

it's more possible for us to play Group E 3rd placer (unless this team doesn't qualify) so it will be either North Korea or Lebanon. I'm fine with both of them. of course that's possible both of them end up with just 1 point and being eliminated. in this case we should think about Oman probably which will be tougher than Lebanon/DPRK.

Comment

Who are we most likely going to face? Syria?

Comment

It could be Palestine if Jordan rest players or throw the game. With 4 points, they'd be almost guaranteed to be one of the best 3rd teams.
              The last round of matches have some potential cup finals for teams to end up 3rd

Kyrgyzstan vs. Philippines
              Yemen vs. Vietnam
              DPR Korea vs. Lebanon
              Oman vs. Turkmenistan

Worth noting that if the unlikely event of us finishing second happens, then we're pretty much guaranteed a fascinating route to the final:

R16 = Saudi
              QF = S. Korea
              SF = Australia
              Final = Japan

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                Who are we most likely going to face? Syria?
                lol i explained things one post above. the chance of facing Syria is something less than 1% now.

there is only ONE scenario for us playing 3rd place team from group B . only one out of 15 possible chances. only if 3rd place teams from Groups A/B/C and D qualify.

with 4 out of 6 groups will have 3 teams in next round there are 15 scenarios, in 7 of them we will play 3rd place of group E and in 7 of them Group F. and as I said only ONE against group B.

so if we win the group. 95% we will play Oman or Turkmenistan or Lebanon or North Korea.

Comment

Would love to play Australia
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Irannn View Post
                    lol i explained things one post above. the chance of facing Syria is something less than 1% now.

there is only ONE scenario for us playing 3rd place team from group B . only one out of 15 possible chances. only if 3rd place teams from Groups A/B/C and D qualify.

with 4 out of 6 groups will have 3 teams in next round there are 15 scenarios, in 7 of them we will play 3rd place of group E and in 7 of them Group F. and as I said only ONE against group B.

so if we win the group. 95% we will play Oman or Turkmenistan or Lebanon or North Korea.
                    Thank you for explaining it, I like the odds you have mentioned more than Syria lol (Apologies for missing your above post :|)

Comment

i think we will get a easy team, if aus is 3rd they wont make it, cause they cant beat syria and palastine game will be hard. North korea i doubht so, after thier bad goal diferent ,palastine is good, let meet easy teams till semi

Comment

I want Turkmenistan for sure even though it’s tough for them to make it 3rd all teams are equally bad this cup except Iran. So it doesn’t really matter who.
                        sigpic
                        SUPPORT TEAM MELLI
                        IRAN
                        - IRAN - ONLY IRAN

IRAN OUT OF AFC NOW!

IRAN WILL ROCK IN ASIA AGAIN IF IRI IS OVERTHROWN... MUBARAK, BIN-ALI, NOW IT IS THE TURN FOR SEID ALI

Comment

When I check on the simulator I get us playing mostly Group E teams. If we finish 1st we will likely play Lebanon or North korea, if we finish second we will likely play Saudi and if we finish 3rd we will play 1st in group A. Dont know how correct this is where are people getting Korea from?

Edit: nvm Korea in the Quarters.

Comment

Would lik to face india or phillipines. india can finish third next match day. and a winner of turkmenistan or phillipines also...not sure if we can face group C third place.
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

no we cant face any teams from group c, it will either be a team from group B (very unlikely only under 1 scenario) group E or group F. Considering both north korea and lebanon have bad GD it will most likely be the team from group F, so Oman will be the most likely opponent.

Comment

Oman is the worst opponent we could play against. They lost to Uzbekistan but outshot the Uzbeks 18-6.

Comment

Working...
                                X