AFC Asian Cup 2019 Group Stage: Vietnam-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (12.01.19) - Page 41

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: AFC Asian Cup 2019 Group Stage: Vietnam-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (12.01.19)

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,013 Times in 778 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Quote Originally Posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Only thing I have disagreed with CQ so far is not playing Milmo and not putting Hajsafi in midfield. That would take some pressure off Ebrahimi and really fortify our until now impenetrable defense
    Agreed, playing Hajsafi in midfield to fill in for Dejagah a bit wouldn’t hurt us against Iraq. It’s so important that we give Ashkan a rest so he doesn’t get too fatigued.

Honestly if Quieroz sends out a B team and just has them park the bus against Iraq I wouldn’t even be mad. Bad blood aside, we need to think of the physical tole of this tournament and it’s just not possible to go 8 games in a row with extremely high intensity.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to TM4LIFE For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,441 Times in 4,791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehranto View Post
    I am sure he wanted a hat-trick, he has fire in him, that's good. But CQ is thinking of TM's long-term success and progression in this tournament (to become Champions for the first time in 43 years), not Sardar's personal goal tally.
    Yeah I figured he was just upset at himself. Because he tried his best in the previous game so Mehdi would get his hat trick. He also told Mehdi to not say anything in their interview about Mehdi scoring the 3rd, which was professional of Sardar.

It’s okay to be upset at oneself as long as not taking it too seriously and not directing it at the head coach.
    Iran - 2018 FIFA World Cup (Trailer):

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,069 Times in 1,925 Posts
    At some point, CQ is going to have to have a hard think about his lieutenants, I know he likes having them around as they are the educated, experienced ones who help convey his ideas on and off the pitch, but I can't help feel that Ansarifard and Hajsafi (as well as Shojaei obviously) just aren't at the same level as the younger, more hotheaded players who are more likely to win the game for us and are taking a spot. As a striker, Ansarifard has underwhelmed for Iran and now he is playing in a different position there are others who can do the role better. Hajsafi is versatile but he is neither as good offensively or defensively as Milad, though he is the best set piece taker.

I'm hoping that gradually their successors are phased into this tournament - with Milad replacing Hajsafi and Ansarifard going out to let Ghoddos and JB play with Amiri and Taremi (though I still have a feeling that CQ does not like both Ghoddos and JB to start)....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DR Strangemoosh For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 672 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    At some point, CQ is going to have to have a hard think about his lieutenants, I know he likes having them around as they are the educated, experienced ones who help convey his ideas on and off the pitch, but I can't help feel that Ansarifard and Hajsafi (as well as Shojaei obviously) just aren't at the same level as the younger, more hotheaded players who are more likely to win the game for us and are taking a spot. As a striker, Ansarifard has underwhelmed for Iran and now he is playing in a different position there are others who can do the role better. Hajsafi is versatile but he is neither as good offensively or defensively as Milad, though he is the best set piece taker.

I'm hoping that gradually their successors are phased into this tournament - with Milad replacing Hajsafi and Ansarifard going out to let Ghoddos and JB play with Amiri and Taremi (though I still have a feeling that CQ does not like both Ghoddos and JB to start)....
    With CQ gone - I doubt that for one reason or another Hajsafi-Ashkan-Shojaei-Montazeri stick around. We will see though

Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,409 Times in 672 Posts
    I expect CQ to put out his strongest side against Iraq- Go for a win and a clean sheet. Him, TM and the entire nation remember the 3-3 out on penalties. Every time I remember Yunis Mahmoud’s smirky face, from the sending off, I cringe.

Not a revenge but a score to settle!

Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Realist For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,519 Times in 1,132 Posts
    any links to the full game?..

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,949 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eerooni View Post
    any links to the full game?..
    I posted one in the "full match thread" sticky.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 6,118 Times in 2,366 Posts
    and Sardar was clearly pissed at the Referee(and not CQ) regarding to foul committed on Torabi. He is even looking at the ref:

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    i wonder if hosseini will be back agaist iraq. if he wont play against iraq and kanaani will play again i will assume he will have lost his spot. the CBs playing vs iraq are the ones that will play in the KO round. usually you dont rotate much between CB. CB duos and GK are the oney least to be rotated and subbed cuz the need to buil up a strong partnership. is he seriously still slightly injured or whats going on?

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 559 Posts
    Hosseini is such a SHIR, honestly I didn't think he did anything wrong vs Yemen, he was aggressive and in my opinion it wasn't that bad! I think we are going to see him again! Hosseini and PAG duo are almost impossible to score on!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.