Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Group Stage: Vietnam-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (12.01.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    Let me explain it another way: Sardar had already scored 2 (and another in the previous match). He was running the whole game and clearly exerting himself (which is great). He has 3 days to rest before the Iraq match. We're up 2-0. Thus, you take him out to avoid injury/yellows/exhaustion so you can win the game against Iraq. It's clearly the right move and very logical by CQ.
    No need to explain. I simply don’t agree with you. That’s the great thing about a discussion forum, people can disagree and voice their own opinion.

CQ has been subbing Azmoun out at around the 70 min mark pretty much since the beginning of Azmoun’s TM career. Today’s game Dejagah was gassed out, instead of subbing him out, CQ subs a player who is having a good game and could possibly score a third goal.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      No need to explain. I simply don’t agree with you. That’s the great thing about a discussion forum, people can disagree and voice their own opinion.
      CQ has been subbing Azmoun out at around the 70 min mark pretty much since the beginning of Azmoun’s TM career. Today’s game Dejagah was gassed out, instead of subbing him out, CQ subs a player who is having a good game and could possibly score a third goal.
      CQ adores Azmoun and welcomed him back with open arms after his mini-retirement. Dejageh is gassed out because he's nearing the end of his career, but he is still key in the midfield. Azmoun needs to chase every single through ball and (along with Taremi) is the key to finishing and scoring (we witnessed this in both games). You simply don't flog your best race horse if you're already winning the game. Simple. And it's not only I who thinks this, but a 4 time WC coach who has taken 3 different nations to the WC stage. I think he knows better than both of us combined.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        The other reason CQ used this line up against Vietnam is that the turnaround time for the next match is literally 3 off days. If he went in guns blazing with all his starters today, fatigue/injury/yellow cards would certainly have hampered our game against Iraq on Wednesday. The King is clearly in control and is 3 steps ahead in his chess game.
        Kudos to you sir, very observant, best comment yet.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post

Carlos just couldnt go a game w/o bringing on his, well overrated, coach's pet Ansarifard on for at least a few minutes..!! seriously.. WTF is up with Carlos's obsession with Karim..??

and it was a mistake not to sub-off an obviously gassed out Ashkan and saved his legs for the vital iraq clash..!

Comment

Goals and Highlights:

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
              Nourollahi is a disgrace to Saeid's shirt.
              Saam jan, harsh.
              we need as many confident, supported players in TM as possible. Our ongoing encouragement will make the difference.
              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Does anybody know why Sardar was upset when he was substituted out? I hope it’s nothing big and he was just upset at himself and not at Carlos.

Anyways, we love Sardar and we support him!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                  Does anybody know why Sardar was upset when he was substituted out? I hope it’s nothing big and he was just upset at himself and not at Carlos.

Anyways, we love Sardar and we support him!
                  I am sure he wanted a hat-trick, he has fire in him, that's good. But CQ is thinking of TM's long-term success and progression in this tournament (to become Champions for the first time in 43 years), not Sardar's personal goal tally.

Comment

Kanaani looked like someone had kicked him in his nuts

Comment

Liked the squad rotation honestly.

If we get to the final that means we have FIVE games to play in a short turnover period. IPL definitely doesnt play that many nor do our legionnaires respective leagues (except for Jahanbakhsh).

I had my doubts on Kanaani and hes def good enough for this competition anyway.

I expect CQ to come out with Shojaei as CAM against Iraq. Might even put Cheshmi as DM to rest Ebrahimi.

Only thing I have disagreed with CQ so far is not playing Milmo and not putting Hajsafi in midfield. That would take some pressure off Ebrahimi and really fortify our until now impenetrable defense

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post

Only thing I have disagreed with CQ so far is not playing Milmo and not putting Hajsafi in midfield. That would take some pressure off Ebrahimi and really fortify our until now impenetrable defense
                        Agreed, playing Hajsafi in midfield to fill in for Dejagah a bit wouldn’t hurt us against Iraq. It’s so important that we give Ashkan a rest so he doesn’t get too fatigued.

Honestly if Quieroz sends out a B team and just has them park the bus against Iraq I wouldn’t even be mad. Bad blood aside, we need to think of the physical tole of this tournament and it’s just not possible to go 8 games in a row with extremely high intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                          I am sure he wanted a hat-trick, he has fire in him, that's good. But CQ is thinking of TM's long-term success and progression in this tournament (to become Champions for the first time in 43 years), not Sardar's personal goal tally.
                          Yeah I figured he was just upset at himself. Because he tried his best in the previous game so Mehdi would get his hat trick. He also told Mehdi to not say anything in their interview about Mehdi scoring the 3rd, which was professional of Sardar.

It’s okay to be upset at oneself as long as not taking it too seriously and not directing it at the head coach.

Comment

At some point, CQ is going to have to have a hard think about his lieutenants, I know he likes having them around as they are the educated, experienced ones who help convey his ideas on and off the pitch, but I can't help feel that Ansarifard and Hajsafi (as well as Shojaei obviously) just aren't at the same level as the younger, more hotheaded players who are more likely to win the game for us and are taking a spot. As a striker, Ansarifard has underwhelmed for Iran and now he is playing in a different position there are others who can do the role better. Hajsafi is versatile but he is neither as good offensively or defensively as Milad, though he is the best set piece taker.

I'm hoping that gradually their successors are phased into this tournament - with Milad replacing Hajsafi and Ansarifard going out to let Ghoddos and JB play with Amiri and Taremi (though I still have a feeling that CQ does not like both Ghoddos and JB to start)....

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              At some point, CQ is going to have to have a hard think about his lieutenants, I know he likes having them around as they are the educated, experienced ones who help convey his ideas on and off the pitch, but I can't help feel that Ansarifard and Hajsafi (as well as Shojaei obviously) just aren't at the same level as the younger, more hotheaded players who are more likely to win the game for us and are taking a spot. As a striker, Ansarifard has underwhelmed for Iran and now he is playing in a different position there are others who can do the role better. Hajsafi is versatile but he is neither as good offensively or defensively as Milad, though he is the best set piece taker.

I'm hoping that gradually their successors are phased into this tournament - with Milad replacing Hajsafi and Ansarifard going out to let Ghoddos and JB play with Amiri and Taremi (though I still have a feeling that CQ does not like both Ghoddos and JB to start)....
                              With CQ gone - I doubt that for one reason or another Hajsafi-Ashkan-Shojaei-Montazeri stick around. We will see though
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I expect CQ to put out his strongest side against Iraq- Go for a win and a clean sheet. Him, TM and the entire nation remember the 3-3 out on penalties. Every time I remember Yunis Mahmoud’s smirky face, from the sending off, I cringe.

Not a revenge but a score to settle!
                                sigpic
                                Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Working...
                                X