Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Group Stage: Vietnam-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (12.01.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game should hopefully start to open up in the second half as Vietnam will need to come toward more to find a goal. Will open up space for us going forward.
    The build up for the goal was beautiful. Switch sides like that and they will have no chance.
    What is with the ref, couple of times he could have given a free kick in good positions but either wasn’t interested or played on when it wasn’t open.
    Saman’s cross was a thing of beauty.

Comment

First half stats:

Shots on target: 0-3 TM
      Possession: 29-71% TM
      Corners: 0-4 TM
      Fouls: 2-5 TM
      Crosses: 0-10 TM
      Yellow cards: 0-1 TM

Comment

Special shout out to Omid who is bossing the midfield. He is our Kante.

Comment

Vietnam will have to open up in the 2nd half and play a more attacking game. Will give us an opportunity to score more.
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

very good first half. Vietnam played their ass off trying to not to give up that goal.
            but it's gonna be a little different now since they need to come forward..

Comment

Iran’s Team pressing has been brilliant so far this tournament
              Especially on the offensive front
              It’s like CQ just Pushed up our All out Defensive team tactics ..!

Comment

im thinking the second half will look different now that vietnam will have to go forward more to score a goal I hope the game opens up a bit more
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Will Jahanbakhsh come on too?

Comment

We are lucky it's not 1-1. When Pouraligangi headed it past Beirnavand, that Vietnamese player shot it, fortunately he lacked all quality and it looked as if he crossed it. If that was even Iraq it would be 1-1

Comment

If anyone has watched the other Asian cup games, then looks at this one, you can see just how high quality our center backs are. Both have shut down so many chances just through good predictions, positioning, and physicality.

The reason it looks sometimes like our players can’t control the ball in instances of buildup play is because of the pace at which many of these balls are delivered. Ghafouri/Omid/Ehsan are passing it at very high pace to the pack in the middle, because if they don’t then the ball would get easily intercepted. Very hard to control those passes no matter what sort of player you are

Comment

Vietnam subbing in blonde players now

they getting serious

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                          This game could end 3 or 4 nil if Vietnam start pushing up in the second half.
                          Yup
                          & doubtful they will anytime too soon ..!
                          Unless they concede an early 2nd they won’t risk pushing up till late 80-90 min.

Comment

As the teams walk on the field you can see that half the stands are completely empty.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Thoughts so far:

Ashkan is back
                              Sardar is banging the point blank headers in and I think he'll do it again next half
                              Saman is as sharp as he is at club level with TM now
                              Beiranvand must be bored out of his mind

~Fin
                              twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

Comment

Second half started, Pars TV is three minutes behind

Comment

Working...
                                X