Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFC Asian Cup 2019 Group Stage: Vietnam-Iran; Info, Updates & Live Reports (12.01.19)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sensational performance, Arab commentator came out with 'tiki taka iran' ffs. The passing, movement and tempo changes are something of the highest level. Not sure I've seen an asian side operate at this level nevermind TM.

Comment

i thought it was a great half by iran. what else would you do against a team sitting deep defending by 11 players. I think VIT crossed the middle only 4-6 times in the first half. It was all iran.
      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
        This game CLEARLY shows us why Ramin should start over Ghafouri!
        Is this sarcasm? Ghafouri's dribble, vision and pass made that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
          This game CLEARLY shows us why Ramin should start over Ghafouri!
          True, but we need back up players for resting the main ones. Ghafouri was ok, underrated partnership with Ghoddos! A shame Moharammi did not make it, but Ghafouri is defensively solid.

Comment

Total domination by Iran, everything super good except one error in defense.

Vietnam has been defending well. To be able to stop Taremi/Ghoddos/Azmoun this effectivly is impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
              Why is the Fox commentator calling PAG PouraliJOHNNY?
              And his Surname Montessa instead of Morteza..

Comment

Good first half
                Besides that bs yellow to Taremi
                Everything else was satisfying enough

Like to see more crosses whipped in from wings & more outside shots taken a la last match.
                We could also use a bit more creativity to break down their first line of packed D. Massoud or Torabi can provide that
                Maybe Masoud swap for Ashkan a bit into 2nd half !?

Comment

SAMAN GHODDOS is awesome!!! <———— this is an understatement

Comment

Good first half. Iran a bit sloppy in midfield, need to not let their first touch let them down when moving the ball in transition, but otherwise pretty good. Vietnam hasn’t had a chance and we have had plenty. They defend decently well through good positioning but their skill level is pretty low so we need to capitalize on their mistakes and brain farts.

We are not playing good combinations down the sides. I don’t know why queiroz continues to use hajsafi. He really sucks. Ghafouri sucks too and I’d like to see Rezaeian start whenever possible.

Comment

its good that we are getting used to scoring and playing possession football. It'll get harder after Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by daryl1985 View Post
                        As a neutral/India fan, it will be such a shame if Iran don't win this Asia Cup.
                        Best team in Asia over the last 4-5 years without a doubt.
                        A lot of us are rooting for India to make it out of that group as well, thanks for the kind words!

Comment

Vietnamese have parked the bus big time yet our boys finally got through with the surgical serve by Saman and great finishing by Sardar. Ashkan is the engine of TM right now, offense and defense start with him. He is leading by example. Sardar is hungry.

Go TM!

Comment

This game could end 3 or 4 nil if Vietnam start pushing up in the second half.

Comment

Good summary ! Question on Kanaani - he looked suspect a little at the back - haven’t seen him much

Comment

so much hate for Vouria
                                Vouria with vision to Saman (what an amazing fucking run) cross to Sardar => GOLLLL
                                "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                                X