No announcement yet.

QUEIROZ vs BRANCO Discussion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you guys keep closing dj pedrams threads with photos where is he meant to post them i cant find any photos???

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
      LOl you don't want to derail the discussion but make inflammatory posts and when you get called out with historical results from the period in question you getting triggered like trump on twitter, did i present you with fake news (results)? You become active before every major tournament trying to stir the pot, clinging to every off hand statement CQ or anyone makes and try to twist it to push your agenda of having a home grown coach or any coach that would be cheaper etc etc.
      Look i presented you with historical results of how weak TM was before CQ, which is why the majority of TM fans who followed TM in that period were worried about playing gulf countries. Its the truth its was nerve racking playing those teams. Please show me your simple math and can quantify a feeling. You and the 20% of "fans" that want to see TM fail so you can get your way are not the majority.
      show me where I have used, or as you put it, "jumped" on "FRIENDLY GAME RESULTS" as evidence of ANYTHING in any discussion! Just one!
      Until then, keep your claims about me to yourself.

in reference to your so called "historical facts", only one question: so fucking what? what fucking relevancy do these "historical fact" have with our discussion? My discussion was about a claim that he made today in UAE, which I find to be a big lie and utterly unprofessional of a coach with his stature.

why is that every time there is a criticism of Carlos, for anything, you (and worshipers like you) try to change the discussion into a Carlos Qerioz is a better coach than GN, MK, Branko, Ghotbi, God etc?? really, can't you guys do better than that? Branko, GN etc are all piece of shit, why do you guys keep comparing your god sent coach to those shits? can't you find a better comparison? didn't Iraq win this fucking cup a while ago?? compare what they had with what Carlos had last time or this time. in any event, I have news for you. for what is worth, no one is saying that any of those guys are better coaches than carlos (at least haven't seen anyone making that claim). So please tell Carlos not to worry! We all know he is the biggest dick!! but the 80% bullshit was a lie that he uttered for self glorifying reasons.

and a big LOL at "becoming active before every major tournament".. I thought that's what fans do.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
        Perhaps results in minor and U23 tournaments should be removed from the table, only competitions that both coaches lead TM in should be considered, and World Cup appearances and World Cup points should be added for a more accurate comparison. Also similar rules for determining FIFA ranking gives a better comparison. Also interesting that it is comparing Iran's rank in the 2014 World Cup as opposed to the 2018 World Cup where we were ranked 18th.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
          show me where I have used, or as you put it, "jumped" on "FRIENDLY GAME RESULTS" as evidence of ANYTHING in any discussion! Just one!
          Until then, keep your claims about me to yourself.

in reference to your so called "historical facts", only one question: so fucking what? what fucking relevancy do these "historical fact" have with our discussion? My discussion was about a claim that he made today in UAE, which I find to be a big lie and utterly unprofessional of a coach with his stature.

why is that every time there is a criticism of Carlos, for anything, you (and worshipers like you) try to change the discussion into a Carlos Qerioz is a better coach than GN, MK, Branko, Ghotbi, God etc?? really, can't you guys do better than that? Branko, GN etc are all piece of shit, why do you guys keep comparing your god sent coach to those shits? can't you find a better comparison? didn't Iraq win this fucking cup a while ago?? compare what they had with what Carlos had last time or this time. in any event, I have news for you. for what is worth, no one is saying that any of those guys are better coaches than carlos (at least haven't seen anyone making that claim). So please tell Carlos not to worry! We all know he is the biggest dick!! but the 80% bullshit was a lie that he uttered for self glorifying reasons.

and a big LOL at "becoming active before every major tournament".. I thought that's what fans do.
          Class, restraint and the ability to have a meaningful conversation. When faced with facts you lose all self composure and resort to cursing.

I have explained to you in the last two posts why and how those results mattered and why the majority of TM fans were afraid to lose to gulf teams but you don't seem to understand what I'm saying because you are triggered about all manners of different things.

Is that what "fans" do, is it? Look up the definition of fan. Look at the members here who dig up news, and report on anything and everything related to TM. The guys that stick around between long after the AC and WC and keep this place alive.

Look I'm sorry that somehow CQ's comments hurt your Iranian Pride. I'm sorry that a coach you hate is doing a better job than anyone before him or someone you would have preferred, and I'm sorry that you cant put aside your agenda 3 days before the AC and just support this team and this coach.

Thanks for showing yourself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
            Class, restraint and the ability to have a meaningful conversation.
            yes there is much class and restrain in calling the person you are conversing with a liar right off the bat, accusing him of hoping for TM failure , being someone that shows up only before major tournaments to stir shit up, and something as bogus as "jumping on every friendly game result as evidence ", all of that without a shred of evidence to back up your judgmental claims. I repeatedly asked you for just one post of mine backing your claim. nothing! and all this while I don't even recall ever having a conversation with you until today!! well, if you did intend of having a meaningful conversation with me you definitely chose a weird way of showing it! so, sorry that I don't believe you. I think You just wanted to come here and say Carlos has a bigger dick than Branko and GN and the rest of the shit that has been repeated a million times here. we got that! we always got that! so, carry on.

Comment

says the man who claimed that if Qatar TV decided to televise Iran-Qatar game, then Branko must have had something to do with it!!!
              with that bogus claim, you are never in a position to call someone else's post "chert".

but FYI, chert o Carlos dareh migeh, na man. maybe you don't understand Farsi or you just pretending to be asleep and therefore choosing not to wake up!

but for those who can't read Farsi, our coach claims (in Dubai) that "80% of Iranian People were afraid of playing Bahrain" when he arrived!
              I wonder where and how he conducted his poll to come up with the 80%!! saying that is "shitting on Iranians". obviously Not to you and some of the worshipers, but to me it is!

maybe you and the few CQ worshipers here were afraid of bahrain before CQ came to Iran, but I don't know anyone in Iran or any Iranian outside of Iran who has ever been "AFRAID" of playing anybody in Asia.

but even more importantly, I like to know why and how a world class coach feels the need to shit on everybody from Vazeer and IFF, to former players, current players, coaches and all the way to the boogh-chi every chance he gets! even on the eve of an important tournament? how does this comment help us defeat anybody in this tournament even if it were true (which is not)? obviously it doesn't. but why does he do that and keep doing that?? Self glorification is the only thing that can explain that!

now, please continue with your cherto pert.........
              I actually do read Farsi and I read the part about what he said regarding 80% of Team Melli fans feared Bahrain. Maybe he’s trying to make a point that people were not optimistic and need to be. I don’t think he’s directing an attack towards Iranians. That would be misconstruing what he says which is directed at Branko the, the i.r. ass licking clown and his unstable fans who ride or die for him.

I was, am and will forever be a fan of Persepolis. I respect Branko as a head coach and I am also for not spreading negativity at this time. But Team Melli comes first. Always. I don’t think Carlos was referring or attacking Iranian people with what he said. He loves and respects our people and the true Team Melli fans. Not the typical tokhmi bipolar fans who don’t know shit about football. The fans who don’t understand football are the ones who believe we would lose to Bahrain. Maybe he thinks that’s what makes 80% of Branko lovers, who knows.

Carlos has always been known to speak his mind. He did this with Portugal too and he has done this with Iran. Unless we have forgotten his issues with the Portuguese Football Federation? I mean hell, he even admitted it on Navad after Torabian brought him to Iran. Why didn’t we protest then? Was he a vatan foroush for the people of Portugal for speaking his mind?

If he speaks his mind I’m sure he understands not to bring hashieh into his team. From what I’ve read and watched his team is happy and United. There’s no hashieh in the team. I think he returned the “kerm” back to Iran where uneducated football officials and supposed (I say supposed because these fans shit on Carlos then cheer TeamMelli at the World Cup ) “fans” start trouble. Who knows maybe he was bothered by them.

I wouldn’t read into it though. We want results and your initial post started the hashieh.

Comment

I'd have no problem with that, but that's not what CQ said. he said 80% of Iranians were afraid of playing Bahrain until he arrived! and that is just a big lie and even a bigger insult.

he is not talking about the past teams or coaches , he is talking about Iranian People! and I question his source of the data, but more importantly, what does he gain by saying these things in UAE? He is trying to tell the Arabs that Iranians were afraid of facing your teams, but since I have come to Iran, Iranians aren't afraid of facing your teams anymore? which is along the same line of thinking of the same worshipers.

I am old enough to remember as far as WC 1978. I don't recall ever any Iranian being afraid of playing Bahrain or any other team in Asia. It's true that we have been afraid of bad officiating, but not of the teams we have faced, not even the ones that we struggled against historically (like Iraq for example).
                I am a fan of Afshin Ghotbi, so please don’t misinterpret what I say next.

We lost to Bahrain under Ghotbi, and before that we struggled against Persian Gulf teams under Ali Daei. It wasn’t consistent with Ali Daei either. I was not scared of Bahrain but I was scared of losing to these teams and for our credibility.

What happened to Iran after Carlos came and what happened to Saudi Arabia in the EXACT period in 2011? Iran progressed and Saudi crashed. In fact they signed Ex-Barcelona head coach to compete with Iran and they failed again. Iran qualified to the 2014 World Cup, Saudi Arabia watched the World Cup at home. Iran remained undefeated with LIMITED FUNDS (which BY THE WAY, every professional coach has right to complain about considering the circumstances). But I don’t remember Carlos kissing ass. He respected the president but he still spoke up FOR the people. So am I going to misconstrue and misinterpret or read into what he said about Bahrain? No.

Comment

NFL, I do apologize for saying “chert” in my first response. That was not right and I’m sorry. I also agree with you on keeping it positive during this time. I got a little annoyed and should’ve just chilled.

Comment

I do remember the time when specially on the road most Arab teams used to beat us
                    Like Bahrain , Qatar , Saudi Arabia , but now the over all TEAM aspect of Iran is far more
                    Advanced and organaized than any other time in our football’s history thanks to CQ.

I am a huge perspolis ye dow atisheh but there is no question our TM is much better
                    Under CQ than Branko.

I love and respect CQ and what he has accomplished with our TM and that is precisely
                    Why my expectation of him and this team is to win the AC , because otherwise they both
                    Would be a failure in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      Perhaps results in minor and U23 tournaments should be removed from the table, only competitions that both coaches lead TM in should be considered, and World Cup appearances and World Cup points should be added for a more accurate comparison. Also similar rules for determining FIFA ranking gives a better comparison. Also interesting that it is comparing Iran's rank in the 2014 World Cup as opposed to the 2018 World Cup where we were ranked 18th.
                      Yeah, interesting to see that they included a youth level tournament where we used a full senior squad to defeat an U-19 team.

As far as WC performances are concerned, in order to truly assess the results and performance output, it is necessary to know the preparation levels and context of each respective squad.
                      For instance, the 2014 team was the only team after the revolution (including the '98, and '06 squads, but excluding the '18 team) that failed to play one single friendly match against a fellow, qualified world cup participant. Instead, we only played against teams that offered to pay their own expenses like Trinidad, Montenegro, etc. In 2014, our FA faced unprecedented economic and political sanctions, the likes of which were not felt by the teams of '98 and '06; we were under 6 rounds of UN security council sanctions (which first took effect in December of 2006), as well as a debilitating EU oil embargo, and SWIFT banking sanctions which made payments for friendlies, hotel arrangements, staff salaries exceedingly difficult. The SWIFT sanctions took effect in the summer of 2012. The teams of '06 and '98 did not have to endure this type or level of adversity.

To prepare for '06, we played friendlies against multiple WC participants: Togo, Costa Rica, Croatia, South Korea. Playing friendly matches against 4 WC qualified teams is quite luxurious preparation compared to the lack of proper friendlies suffered by the '14 squad. Also, they weren't WC qualified teams, but we played Bosnia, and some other team in Tehran before the tournament.

Given the disparity in preparations/caliber of opponents, you would think that the 2006 team should have done better than the 2014 team ..... but guess what, the 2006 squad was eliminated from the tournament after just the second match day of the group stage, while the 2014 team had a reasonable chance of qualification to the second round even on the final day of the group stage. And of course, no need to mention the 2018 WC, where we earned more points than in any previous WC finals campaign in TM history despite a very tough group.

We would also be remiss if we didn't mention some other key considerations omitted by the table, such as that in 2005, 50% of the teams competing in the final round of the Asian WCQs were able to enjoy direct qualification to the WC (two groups of 4 teams, the top two of each advancing), and that in 2014, that percentage would dwindle down to 40%, (two groups of five teams, the top two in each group qualifying directly), and that in 2018, the percentage would shrink further to 33% (two groups of six teams, only the top two advancing from each). Nonetheless, despite the increased difficulty and absence of superstars playing as regulars in the Bungesliga, or Serie A, in both the '14 and '18 campaigns, TM qualified to the WC as group leaders, whereas in '05, we finished as group runner up, and enjoyed the distinction of being the only single team in the group that failed to defeat Bahrain in Bahrain, despite possessing a full, injury-free squad which consisted of Mahdavikia, Karimi, Hashemian, Rezaei, Zandi, etc.

It also seems the table failed to mention how br-AN-G0H's "coaching" put the national team of Iran on the verge of elimination from the '06 WC during only the preliminary qualification round, and that because of this desperate situation, Vahid Hashemian (who just came off a season as the #3 goalscorer in the Bundesliga) finally agreed to return to Team Melli despite previous refusals. Also, both Dadkan and Mohsen Mehralizadeh (a member of Khatami's cabinet) FORCED br-AN-G0H to recall Khodadad Azizi, despite the coach's opposition. In other words, we needed a prime Mahdavikia, Karimi, Hashemian, Rezaei, a young and hungry Nekounam, and Khodadad Azizi on the field simultanesouly just to beat Qatar in injury time in a preliminary WCQ match to advance to the final qualification round, LOOOOOOOL.
                      Zendebahd Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Abedzadeh View Post
                        Yeah, interesting to see that they included a youth level tournament where we used a full senior squad to defeat an U-19 team.

As far as WC performances are concerned, in order to truly assess the results and performance output, it is necessary to know the preparation levels and context of each respective squad.
                        For instance, the 2014 team was the only team after the revolution (including the '98, and '06 squads, but excluding the '18 team) that failed to play one single friendly match against a fellow, qualified world cup participant. Instead, we only played against teams that offered to pay their own expenses like Trinidad, Montenegro, etc. In 2014, our FA faced unprecedented economic and political sanctions, the likes of which were not felt by the teams of '98 and '06; we were under 6 rounds of UN security council sanctions (which first took effect in December of 2006), as well as a debilitating EU oil embargo, and SWIFT banking sanctions which made payments for friendlies, hotel arrangements, staff salaries exceedingly difficult. The SWIFT sanctions took effect in the summer of 2012. The teams of '06 and '98 did not have to endure this type or level of adversity.

To prepare for '06, we played friendlies against multiple WC participants: Togo, Costa Rica, Croatia, South Korea. Playing friendly matches against 4 WC qualified teams is quite luxurious preparation compared to the lack of proper friendlies suffered by the '14 squad. Also, they weren't WC qualified teams, but we played Bosnia, and some other team in Tehran before the tournament.

Given the disparity in preparations/caliber of opponents, you would think that the 2006 team should have done better than the 2014 team ..... but guess what, the 2006 squad was eliminated from the tournament after just the second match day of the group stage, while the 2014 team had a reasonable chance of qualification to the second round even on the final day of the group stage. And of course, no need to mention the 2018 WC, where we earned more points than in any previous WC finals campaign in TM history despite a very tough group.

We would also be remiss if we didn't mention some other key considerations omitted by the table, such as that in 2005, 50% of the teams competing in the final round of the Asian WCQs were able to enjoy direct qualification to the WC (two groups of 4 teams, the top two of each advancing), and that in 2014, that percentage would dwindle down to 40%, (two groups of five teams, the top two in each group qualifying directly), and that in 2018, the percentage would shrink further to 33% (two groups of six teams, only the top two advancing from each). Nonetheless, despite the increased difficulty and absence of superstars playing as regulars in the Bungesliga, or Serie A, in both the '14 and '18 campaigns, TM qualified to the WC as group leaders, whereas in '05, we finished as group runner up, and enjoyed the distinction of being the only single team in the group that failed to defeat Bahrain in Bahrain, despite possessing a full, injury-free squad which consisted of Mahdavikia, Karimi, Hashemian, Rezaei, Zandi, etc.

It also seems the table failed to mention how br-AN-G0H's "coaching" put the national team of Iran on the verge of elimination from the '06 WC during only the preliminary qualification round, and that because of this desperate situation, Vahid Hashemian (who just came off a season as the #3 goalscorer in the Bundesliga) finally agreed to return to Team Melli despite previous refusals. Also, both Dadkan and Mohsen Mehralizadeh (a member of Khatami's cabinet) FORCED br-AN-G0H to recall Khodadad Azizi, despite the coach's opposition. In other words, we needed a prime Mahdavikia, Karimi, Hashemian, Rezaei, a young and hungry Nekounam, and Khodadad Azizi on the field simultanesouly just to beat Qatar in injury time in a preliminary WCQ match to advance to the final qualification round, LOOOOOOOL.
                        Also keep in mind in 2006 we were grouped with an African team that wasn't, never had been, and still isn't anything in the world of soccer, not even in Africa alone. To top if off, the seeded team in our group was from CONCACAF.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

cq compare to branko, is simple, branko allowed mafia in TM, CQ removed mafia.

Comment

Please DELETE this thread .. let's not promote goosip and shenanigans. Leave that to Footballitarin.com. #1 source for garbage news.

Comment

I lost respect for branko when Iran lost 3-0 to QPR at Loftus Road, a friendly before the WC 2006, yes the result was terrible but you guys should have seen the pre-match training, hardly with any warm up, players started shooting , taking free kicks, all of a sudden there were 8 balls in Miraspour goal, Poor goalie. It just went to show what type of discipline Branco had installed, Zilch.

I grant him, he appears to have learned few lessons from his past but never in his wildest dream, he can be compared with CQ, it’s just not apple with apple.

In terms of FIFA ranking, the system then was completely flawed, that’s why they changed it and made it more realistic. If the same system had remained, I guess we would see Iran in the top 10 world ranking now!!
                              sigpic
                              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

why is this even a topic or discussion?
                                Anybody who says Branco is a better coach or can do a better job coaching Iran should check themselves into a mental hospital
                                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Working...
                                X