Thank you and farewell - Hossein Kaebi appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
    ^ I didnt know you can get an assist from a throw in.
    Neither did I to be honest, but I saw the match report on transfermarkt and it was listed as an assist on the 4th goal: https://www.transfermarkt.us/spielbe...lbericht/70450

BESOCCER has him with 1 assist, ranked 241: https://www.besoccer.com/competition...008/assists/17

^ there was an article mentioning too

Edit: I see there was an old thread on it as well: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ighlight=kaebi
    Last edited by Leicester City; 05-06-2021, 11:05 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Loved the guy. He played for TM with all he had and did you know he was a great sprinter? He sprinted 100m something like just over 10 seconds. The one and only Kaabi. Lots of love to him.
      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
      نگاه میکنید.
      sigpic
      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

I found him an overrated player. He wasn't a very smart player and definetly not suited to play as a defender, he made mistakes and was sometimes a liability. His best position would have been as right winger of sort where he would cut in and try to get a penalty due to his small stature or try to force something. His crosses where not good though or his passes in general. His best attribute was his passion and the way he fought and played for his country. For that he will always have my respect.

Comment

One of the fastest players we have ever had in TM
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

I was listening to this podcast the other day from Under The Cosh (a weekly football podcast hosted by former footballers) about LC's former manager and technically Hossein Kaebi's former manager (more on that later), Martin Allen or A.K.A. "Mad Dog" as he was known from his West Ham days. Anyways, during the podcast @ 1:18:44 he begins to talk specifically about Kaebi and how he was signed by the club's chairman at the time (Milan Mandarić) behind his back without his knowledge or consent. At first when Martin Allen saw Kaebi at the Walkers Stadium he thought he was a jockey due to his size and stature , also mentioning that Kaebi could not speak a word of English. Spoke with Mandarić about the signing being and was critical because Kaebi was too small for the Championship at 5′ 6″, however Mandarić said he plays RWB and there was nothing he could do as the transfer was already in place. Martin Allen was still critical because he claimed Kaebi's transfer was going to be worth a lot of money (I could not find how much Leicester paid Persepolis for his signing as it was listed as an undisclosed fee, but it was on a 2-year contract) and brought up the fact that you cannot play RB at the height in the Championship. Martin Allen said to Mandarić that he couldn't play him in the podcast, even though he still did in a 4-1 victory against Watford at home where Kaebi got the assist for Mark de Vries goal when he was subbed in. The rumor here regarding the transfer is that Branko was the one who recommend Kaebi to Mandarić, having a backhand deal to have him brought to Leicester.

Martin Allen alongside Hossein Kaebi

Kaebi's assist @ 0:48 against Watford
            Thanks for sharing this. This gives a very good insight into a typical football manager and how they think. Being able to speak English is very important and if a player arrives with no or little English he is very much disadvantaged. So it is important for our players to learn English just in case they get interests from outside. Make sure you are approached by the manager rather than anyone else as the manager not interested in you most likely will not include you in his team.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic

Comment

In my mind, he will always be remembered for the boot to Figo's face

Comment

In this recent interview Kaabi say:
                In my 9 months at Leicester they changed 5 managers. And he says the way things were going he feared he would lose out on TM and that's why he returned to Perspolis. He even sacrificed his own personal gains and interests for TM. He also says he is not at all proud of his Figo kick and it is not a good memory. He says he would have never forgiven himself if Figo sustained serious injuries.
                https://www.varzesh3.com/news/174717...B1%D9%86%D8%AF
                نگاه میکنید.
                sigpic

Comment

Is he still 16 years old?

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                    Is he still 16 years old?
                    With his answers it shows he has matured & grown a bit, i think he is 18 now 😄

Comment

My view on Kaabi.

I would NOT joke about his age. People with bad intentions would use that information to ridicule a TM player who worked hard and did a decent job.

WHY someone else's age matter to you? WHY a look of a person matters to you what he did with his eyebrows?
                      Let Kaabi be who he is. He served well and should be commended rather than ridiculed.
                      Kaabi will continue to serve our football.
                      Tell us what you have accomplished for our National Team?
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                        I think Abbas Karegar must have been the fastest Iranian players to date [emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                          indeed, didnt look it at... he certainly was extremely quick-footed, agile and especially gheyrati and khar-do and combative wingback..!!
                          what he lacked in size and physical prowess, he more than made up with immense/Non-stop work-rate and gheyrati performances in TM shirt..! personally, never recall seeing him give any less than his 100% when suited for TM...!!?
                          His general attacking smarts and combination play with wingers in front of his right wing was rather exceptional too imo...!! far far superior on that front to that of say... MilMo..!!? & he was just as big of a defensive pest as Milad but not as not as Big and strong and a bit of suspect on defending high balls ..!

i miss the guy... !! one of my favorite TM old timers fo shu..! 👍

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            indeed, didnt look it at... he certainly was extremely quick-footed, agile and especially gheyrati and khar-do and combative wingback..!!
                            what he lacked in size and physical prowess, he more than made up with immense/Non-stop work-rate and gheyrati performances in TM shirt..! personally, never recall seeing him give any less than his 100% when suited for TM...!!?
                            His general attacking smarts and combination play with wingers in front of his right wing was rather exceptional too imo...!! far far superior on that front to that of say... MilMo..!!? & he was just as big of a defensive pest as Milad but not as not as Big and strong and a bit of suspect on defending high balls ..!

i miss the guy... !! one of my favorite TM old timers fo shu..! 👍
                            His pride for the TM shirt was so clear, I agree as much as we roast him for his age and stuff like that, nobody will deny that he gave 110% every time he played for us and we should always appreciate him for that.
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Working...
                            X