Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    He has nothing to do with Iraq.

You're thinking of Nouri Khodayari, who was an Iraqi Shia Kurd who was kicked out of Iraq in the 60s or 70s along with hundreds of thousands of others who had Persian ancestry. He was born in Iraq but eventually played for Iran U20.
    Nouri was a magician with the ball. His artistic abilities were dazzling. I remember he nutmeg Ali Parvin in Amjadieyh Stadium and the place just exploded.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
      I wonder, did he ever reach 30 years of age? or not yet?
      He never does! Its like a re-cycle in his case. As soon as he hits 29, his age goes backwards till 19 and then forwards till 29 and so on and so forth.
      So right now he is 23 in his 4th cycle

PS: I wonder, given your username, why in this many years you never visted the NFL thread
      http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...83#post2605783
      CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

i just wish he would not shave his eyebrows

Comment

His gheyrat and fight was always admirable. One of the fastest players to also ever play for TM. Thanks for everything you did for us!
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
            Interesting side note... did you guys know his background is Arab, I think Iraqi maybe! That explains his last name and his non-Iranian look! I think they are from Khuzestan?
            why do you conclude etnicity? he is iranian and thats it
            and you bring up "non-iranian" look, who are you to judge who looks iranian or not..?!

Comment

Originally posted by Footyball View Post
              why do you conclude etnicity? he is iranian and thats it
              and you bring up "non-iranian" look, who a

re you to judge who looks iranian or not..?!
              Iranians and Iraqis tend to look like each other. In fact, people in the middle east tend to look like each other that's why clueless non-iranians look confused when we say we are not arabs. There is no such thing as the Iranian look. Some are sabzeh, some roshan, some tall, some short etc...
              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                We had a defensive line which could argue with arabs in their own languages at one point - Kaabi, Badavi, Kameli Mofrad, Alavi sitting in front of them.
                Kameli Mofrad is as Lor, but you're right about the rest.
                I remember Kaabi would act as a translator for TM whenever we playe Arab teams. He got into a few fights as well with former AFC and UAE darling Ismael Matar.

Comment

Figo was Kung Fu fightiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

Kaebi was fast as lightniiiiiiiiing! *Dada da dada da dada da dada da*

One of the most honest and down to earth football players from Iran. Defended Iran against everyone. Yek bazikone ba gheyrat!

I’ll never forget his trolling of UAE player Matar who was twice his size. Defending Iran vs foreign journalist in Arabic who spoke badly about Iran. To the point where Ali Daei had to to hold him back lol.

Thank you Hossein Kaebi!

Hossein Kaebi

Comment

Didn't he just turn 26? Sounds a bit early for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Kameli Mofrad is as Lor, but you're right about the rest.
                      I remember Kaabi would act as a translator for TM whenever we playe Arab teams. He got into a few fights as well with former AFC and UAE darling Ismael Matar.
                      Oh yes my apologies he is a Lor from Khuzestan. So I guess both Iranian Arabs and Iranian Lors (Mirzapour, Kameli, who else?) were well represented by that squad! (As well as Armenian, Kurds, Azeri and some other ethnicities etc...)

Comment

who cares even if he was born in iraq or saudi even i wouldn´t give a damn he wore that iranian tm jersey like it meant the world to him you could see it in every game he gave all he had and was a true fighter!! i deeply admire him and wish him and his family all the best one of our most GHEYRATI players !!
                        Bollywood

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
                          Iranians and Iraqis tend to look like each other. In fact, people in the middle east tend to look like each other that's why clueless non-iranians look confused when we say we are not arabs. There is no such thing as the Iranian look. Some are sabzeh, some roshan, some tall, some short etc...
                          I think Iranians have this look to them. I can tell an Irooni from a mile away! It's in the eyes and eyebrows. We are very distinct in that regard. But then again I am very good at telling who is from where with other nationalities as well.

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                            I think Iranians have this look to them. I can tell an Irooni from a mile away! It's in the eyes and eyebrows. We are very distinct in that regard. But then again I am very good at telling who is from where with other nationalities as well.
                            I 100% agree...

but Roxanaz... Iranians and Iraqi's look NOTHING alike LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                              I 100% agree...

but Roxanaz... Iranians and Iraqi's look NOTHING alike LOL!
                              Scuderia, middle easterners look generically like one another...lots of physical similarities.
                              We are good at detecting who is Iruni from a distance but don't be surprised if those who have never tasted gormeh sabzi can't. Initiation needed...
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Scuderia, middle easterners look generically like one another...lots of physical similarities.
                                We are good at detecting who is Iruni from a distance but don't be surprised if those who have never tasted gormeh sabzi can't. Initiation needed...
                                Disagree heavily.
                                I don't mean in terms of skin tone, but the way we look at things and our eyes and mouth are very different to most countries in the region. I can usually tell us apart 90% of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X